Raedric's Hold crash on exiting to exterior

Tokimon

Question

I have a bug that keeps me from moving further in the game. I am playing a solo game on Hard and right now I am in Raedric's Hold where I didn't go for a disguise and therefore cleared out the entire floor where the Prists are. Problem is I wanted to exit to the outside (being it on the roof or to the road), but after the load screen, the image stays black and the game stops to respond. I tried loading the auto save and go for the disguise, where after I was able to exit fine enough.

I can't play further than the Hold so this bug is really game breaking.

Currently I am playing on a Mac so I don't know if the problem persists on Windows.

Game version: Steam

Difficulty: Hard

Playtype: Solo

Character Class: Chanter

Where the problem occurs:

Raedric's hold trying to exit to outside (roof or road) - changing map inside the Hold works fine.

What had I been doing:

Came from cellar and cleared out the floor of the priests and talked to the main priest (Em-something) and agreed to kill off the Animancer in the cellar.

What have been tried:

- Restarting the computer (didn't work)

- Reinstalling the game (didn't work)

- Checking game files integrity (didn't do anything)

- Loading another save game and change chosen actions (worked)

2 answers to this question

I don't know if it's exactly the same, but there's been a lot of discussion on crashes in this area. Might want to look at this thread:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72016-raedrics-hold-game-crash/

A developer recently made a post in there that said they'd found the issue and a fix will be in the 1st post-launch patch.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72016-raedrics-hold-game-crash/?p=1613809

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's a known issue I believe.

I got it on the same floor when trying to go down to the throne room, or anywhere from that floor.

Since I got the problem after I was done, I was able to reload to a save in the sewers and exit the hold by using the sewer entrance, which I hadn't used when entering the hold :p

But yeah, I couldn't fix it, only way was to load sadly :(

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you