Duc-Invitation impossible - Faction killed

taureion

Question

So I decided to team up with House Doemenel and did the first quests for them. Later on I betrayed them, killing Danna (?) Doemenel in one of the quests. After that I decided to kill the Doemenel's Boss, too, not knowning which impact this would have to later quests.

Approximately 10 hours later I reached the main quest, where i meet Lady Webb and have to get an invitation for the meeting with the duc.

The problem now: Crucible Knights and Dozens are allied with me (regarding to character-info), but they don't want to invite me because of my connections to House Doemenel (whose guys are all dead by now).

So I'm stuck here and cannot get any further.

Reputation-commands entered in the game's console don't help either.

Lady Webb cannot bring me to the duc.

It would be nice to have another option for meeting the duc in case you changed your mind and backstabbed your first chosen faction in Defiance Bay.

I have to load a savegame from 10 hours ago now to change my mind and not kill House Doemenel.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

The problem now: Crucible Knights and Dozens are allied with me (regarding to character-info), but they don't want to invite me because of my connections to House Doemenel (whose guys are all dead by now).

Yeah I think it the cases were Mrs Webb says screw the factions I will invite you myslef should be re-assessed by the devs.

It is a horrible workaround but what if you kill everyone from the two factions you are allied to too ? Then for sure all will hate you and you can get a Webb invitation.

• Like 1

Taureion, we found the issue you've experienced and already are working on a solution. It'll be included in an upcoming patch.

Thanks for letting us know about it - we hope you can soon resume without much delay (btw, turning the remaining two factions hostile will unlock Webb's dialogue, currently, but that's, of course, not ideal unless your character intended to do so).

Jorge.

Taureion, we found the issue you've experienced and already are working on a solution. It'll be included in an upcoming patch.

Thanks for letting us know about it - we hope you can soon resume without much delay (btw, turning the remaining two factions hostile will unlock Webb's dialogue, currently, but that's, of course, not ideal unless your character intended to do so).

Jorge.

A good option would be that falling bad with a faction (that we ended a quest chain for) ends up with losing the faction talent - and unlocking the possibility to work for others.

Failing all that, as others said - have an option in which Webb invites you when the faction leader for faction you ended the quest chain is dead/ reputation with faction is hostile.

Edited by Veevoir

hi Oscuro could you tell me something, i'm in a situacion in defiance bay that when i went to talk to the boss of the House Doemenel he said i was allied with the crucible knights, thus couldn't give me more quest, when i went to the Crucible knights they said i was allied with the dozen and so... well no quest ( im ally, faintly good with all of them ) am i missing something or is just how it is?

Yeah the faction system is handled a bit strange.

I accidentaly became a member of the Doemenel factioen (I had no intention of doing their murder quest, I was simply saying yeah yeah whatever I dont want to argue) Now everyone else says im a member of their faction.

Seems a little strange that everyone know I am alligned to a semi secret crime syndicate...