My impression so far

Hey guys,

I love what I've seen of Pillar of Eternity so far. It has a lot comfortable utilities that I've been missing in the genre, especially the changing of play speed on-the-fly. I don't have much playtime yet so I can't comment on that, but I have noticed a few things.

I'm not loving the attribute system. The way might modifies the power of spells feels off. That a caster is forced to put max points in 2 stats leaves him too constricted in stat distribution, vulnerable even. Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't played it much yet, but it seems to me it could be a problem.

About the future. I hope there will be a sequel one day, but I also hope it is not too soon. It has become way too common that good games pour out new content to capitalize on their product leaving the quality of possible expansions lower than it could've been. If you truly want to by the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate you will do what bioware did back then. They strengthened the weaknesses of the first game, added enough content to keep it interesting and didn't release till they had an amazing follow-up story.

That's a good point, Atoteh. My favorite of the actual 'BG' titles was TotSC. I usually cite BG2 as my third favorite IE title, behind PS:T and IWD, but the reality is that it's more like PS:T, IWD (with TotLM), and TotSC, followed by BG2. Without the TotLM added, BG2 would be my second and my third favorite overall is TotSC. So, yeah, make great xpacs and they'll help build that legacy.

EDIT: A little slow tonight. Had to clean up. Again.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!