Santiarium / The Man Who Waits Shortcircuit

sapphirepaladin

Question

Here's my problem. I finished Never Far From The Queen. I spoke with the Head Warden of the Sanitarium and he told me to speak with the animancers in the Sanitarium. I left and did the two other main quests (Through Death's Gate and Undying Heritage). I come back and speak with him and says something about Azo. After that, I can no longer speak with the Head Warden. It sounds like some sort of post quest dialogue but I haven't done the quest, merely started it. I have never gotten a key to unlock the two doors downstairs and I didn't not have any encounter with Azo down there.

I have not attacked or killed anyone in the Sanitarium. I did do Aloth's quest and Moedred's quest but did not talk to anyone about the main quest.

BTW, this is a different bug than the Azo/Sanitarium bug many people have had problems with. At this point, I have never meet Azo or even know who he is.

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

I had this exact same problem, and had been faffing around for hours so had overwritten all my earlier saves :(. I did get around it by opening console and typing 'push' to place my character on the other side of the locked door (you might need to download a mod to get the command, not sure) and then I could go through the quest chain and properly trigger the stages that the game had skipped past. What seemed to have happened was that I had somehow triggered the 'talk to the prisoner' part of the quest before the 'get permission to enter the cells' part and the door unlock hadn't triggered for the latter. No idea how I managed this, I had not been using any mods or any console commands before this problem.

Omg.. i have the same exact problem ! Need help ! It's impossible for me to speak with the head Warden.

I have never gotten a key too..

I don't want to start a new game only for this. Help please. :(

p.s: Maybe if someone know the name in '' object bundle '' for the Patient Ward Key.. maybe i will be able to continu the quest with cheat and the ''additem'' thing.. But i hope i will not have to do this..

p.s2: Sorry for bad english.. Im a french canadian....

I tried to spawn in the key but I don't think it is an object, I think the warden just magically unlocks the door for you. Have you tried the 'push' command in console (as I say, not sure if it needs a mod to do it), it should teleport your party to where you cursor is (on the other side of the door). If you are lucky this quest bug might get fixed retroactively when they release the patch, though not sure if that is likely.

I was confused the first time I thought this happened, but I actually had to go downstairs and talk to anzo's assistant and the door guards, then go back up stairs and talk to the warden and then go back downstairs. (That said, I can't get the quest to complete.)

Edited by khango

Could anybody with this issue please attach their save game file and output log from while this issue is occurring?

You can find these files and attach them by following the steps here.

It would really help us find a solution to the issue. Thank you all for your help. Keep it up!