[BUG] Sagani post-rest dialog triggers early, resulting in SPOILERS.

Arsene Lupin

Question

In Act 1 and early in Act 2, a short dialog will trigger after a rest with Sagani. The first page of this conversation is:

Sagani- Sagani saunters over to you, stretching her legs. She holds a pouch of deer jerky in one hand, and she offers it as she takes a seat across from you. Itumaak looks on hungrily.

The problem with this dialog arises in her final line. The last page of dialog is:

"I don't understand exactly what's happening to youy, but I'll help you find Thaos. Same as you're doing for me."

Again, this conversation will trigger upon a rest in either Act 1 or Act 2. I don't know when "Thaos" is revealed in the game, but I know that I sure as hell shouldn't know who he is this early. Sagani's dialog, therefore, contains major spoilers--as it reveals both the name of my foe and the (eventual?) overall arc of the narrative (IE hunting down this Thaos as though he were an Irenicus).

Not cool.

This dialog needs to be locked until that "X" point in the story has been reached. And the same for any other companion dialogs/interruptions that contain spoilers. We shouldn't have to worry about speaking to our companions for fear of spoilers... like I said, it's not cool.

6 answers to this question

I noticed this too, I had not learn't his name at this point. Interestingly, the next time I saw him in a vision he came up with his name as Thaos, but I am certain that before then I didn't know his name, pretty sure there had been no part of the main quest that revealed this, I wonder if the two are related. This was just after completing the catacombs part of the main quest in Act 2. Did I miss me learning his name? Weird.

I've had this issue as well, and wanted to say there is another situation she can spoil it. When you reach Pearlwood Bluff and find evidence of Naasitaq, she also brings up Thaos by name, despite the fact that you can (as I did) reach that point without even entering the catacombs.

I noticed this too, I had not learn't his name at this point. Interestingly, the next time I saw him in a vision he came up with his name as Thaos, but I am certain that before then I didn't know his name, pretty sure there had been no part of the main quest that revealed this, I wonder if the two are related. This was just after completing the catacombs part of the main quest in Act 2. Did I miss me learning his name? Weird.

I also had this, once I left the sanitorium I had a vision where he was called by name, despite the fact that I should not have known it.

At Pearlwood Bluff, after speaking to the spirit, Sagani will AGAIN spoil the same damned thing. The specific dialog is:

"Anyway, what about this Thaos character you're searching for? Seems like he was someone important to you. What do you remember about him?"

This is in the 1.04 build of the game. (You know, after applying the patch that was supposed to fix this).

So, evidently, the various triggers for Sagani are either all kinds of ****ed up, or she's a precog.