Hey folks,

I wanted to hear about your experiences with the Barbarian class. Specifically, how should one go about spending attributes? So far this is what I'm leaning towards (not including racial bonuses):

18 Might

18 Dex

10 Con

18 Int

8 Resolve

8 Perception

Is this optimal? To be honest, I'm wary of dropping res and per any lower because I don't want to be crippled by very low interruption or concentration scores. Do you think lowering those is a bad idea?

It would also be nice to have higher con, but I'm afraid of gimping my damage. Also I'm picking human for the moment, but I understand there are probably better races (hearth orlan maybe?). I'd prefer to play a decent looking race, though.

Please share your thoughts and experiences with the class, I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers

Human is probably the best race actually, since their trait synergies perfectly with Bloodied.

What you have is fine, just make sure he attacks the same target as your tank. If he steals threat during early game, he will most likely die. It becomes less of an issue as you get better gear later on at least.

Human is probably the best race actually, since their trait synergies perfectly with Bloodied.

What you have is fine, just make sure he attacks the same target as your tank. If he steals threat during early game, he will most likely die. It becomes less of an issue as you get better gear later on at least.

Disagree as I don't think Bloodied is worth taking at all. The majority of encounters on Hard/POTD my glasscannon Barb will never be under 50% endurance and if he is, I want him healed asap.  Maybe it could work if you're stacking Con, but you'll be giving up better dps stats to do that.

Disagree as I don't think Bloodied is worth taking at all. The majority of encounters on Hard/POTD my glasscannon Barb will never be under 50% endurance and if he is, I want him healed asap.  Maybe it could work if you're stacking Con, but you'll be giving up better dps stats to do that.

While Bloodied is very situational, it is a 50% damage boost. That kind of damage is just... colossal, its too hard to pass up.

If it does proc, whatever the Barb is fighting will die very quickly anyway, on Hard difficulty anyway (Its probably overkill on lower difficulties). I haven't tried POTD myself yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is less useful there.

Edited by Wolken3156

While Bloodied is very situational, it is a 50% damage boost. That kind of damage is just... colossal, its too hard to pass up.

If it does proc, whatever the Barb is fighting will die very quickly anyway, on Hard difficulty anyway (Its probably overkill on lower difficulties). I haven't tried POTD myself yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is less useful there.

That depends what your passing up for it. Again, extremely situational and if your Barb is under 50% there is a good chance he is being gang banged. 

Bloodied is just too much of an increase in dps to ignore imo. You can easily use it to your advantage if you have a healer. The fights end really fast with a dps barb anyway. Thats why i take bloodied and also increase cons. to actually increase hp and not just endurance because you can keep fighting on if you have high hp and cons is huge boost since barbs have highest base hp value. I would lower int a bit to 16 or 14 its not as important as you think.