when i disarm the first dungeon floor traps i get 10xp and Calisca gets 10xp and Heodan gets -1xp. when he disarms them we all get 5xp each. but sometimes when i disarm we also all get 5 each. it always says we get 15 xp. Heoden and I both have 2 in mechanics. whats up with this. and yes i searched. and i tried resting first...

thanx

so this is normal.?

Sorry, I have no idea. But I did notice that my party got more experience from disarming those traps when I had three people in the party than when I had two. I was experimenting, and just happened to notice this.

Both times, my rogue disarmed the traps, not Heoden. But we only got two-thirds as much experience (total - I didn't check to see how much each character got) when there were only two in the party as when there were three.

I suspect that's only in the initial dungeon, for... reasons. (I don't know where you are in the game, so I won't say more than that.) But I really don't know, since I didn't test it later. I'm not overly concerned with it, one way or another, since I'm just playing on normal difficulty and I'm not interested in power-gaming. But I thought it was interesting.

I have no idea what's going on with your game. Sorry.

ive been doing a lot of testing. solo character in party 5xp for those traps. 2  in party 10xp. and 3 get 15xp. all gets devided. 5xp each no matter. tested quests. sae type of thing. exept you get a few extra xp for going solo. at least on hard difficulty. strange cuz in most rpg you get much more reward for going solo. oh well. they "rewrote" the rpg rules or something stupid for some stupid reason right. trying to keep things fresh and new is not always a good thing, especially when they already work very well.

strange cuz in most rpg you get much more reward for going solo.

Did you just test the initial dungeon? There's a reason why this might be the case in the initial dungeon, but not after that.

I'm not saying that's true, since I haven't bothered to test it, myself. But it seems plausible that they simply wanted to keep the main character from leveling up until he'd left the initial dungeon (for obvious reasons, given what happens at the end of it).

The traps are not the same.
There are easier traps in the pattern you need to move through the tiles (5xp)
And there are harder traps you need a higher level of mechanics to disarm (15xp)
If you disarm all the easier traps, but leave the harder traps, it roughly (but not quite) resembles the pattern after you light all the braziers.
I suspect it was meant to look EXACTLY like that pattern, but one or two traps are the wrong difficulty level.

yes iknow this. i spent a lot of time trying to figure out why everythig there was so inconsistant. maybe somehow my difficulty level was messing up. i thought i started every game on hard. but one time the guy in the party disarmed all of them(25). next time he did the ones you speak of. the next time he dont even recognize they are traps   hehehee

edit: OOOPPPS i wasnt sneaking. they show up. but still the first time was -1, +10, +10 xp and they all were disarmable

Edited by AssFat

The traps are not the same.

As a side-question, is there a way to tell how difficult a trap will be to disarm? I'm playing a rogue with a high Mechanics skill, so he's had no problem disarming everything, but... I was just wondering, since there's never an indication of how much Mechanics skill is needed for success. Do you just try it, and then find out if you're going to live or not?

I suppose that's realistic, though. :)

Do you just try it, and then find out if you're going to live or not?

I suppose that's realistic, though. :)

You hit the nail on the head.

I cannot see any way to tell the difficulty of a trap before you attempt to disarm it.

But if you cannot disarm it, it outright tells you.