Character stuck

Akhul

Question

I love this game.  I have been waiting like 15 years for this!

Super bummed out tonight because my character is stuck and wont interact with anything in game.

I upgraded his gear in the menu and had him eat some food that I had just crafted.  When I got to the game screen he was the only one that wouldnt move with the group and he wont interact with any of the people in the party when I try to have them talk to him.  I was on level 6 of endless paths. Please help!

4 answers to this question

I've had the same issue: early in the Endless Paths, middle of a Combat session, two characters stuck in place and won't fight, won't use Quick Slot items, etc. Pretty much the only thing they would do is change weapons and get thrashed by the enemies they should have been fighting.  :(

Not sure if this is related to another issue -- see http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73144-bug-endless-combat-in-prison/?do=findComment&comment=1608622 -- but they did both happen in the same Combat session.

I do love the game but it may be time to take a break for a while. Maybe after a few patches things will run a little smoother.

This is still a problem now. It literally JUST NOW happened to me. My main character, the one I made at the beginning... is stuck - can't progress, can't move, can't go anywhere. I don't know any console commands that would force him to move....

This very same thing happened with me tonight. Once (with Durance outside of Raedric's palace) I managed to fix it by camping. Then it happened again to Kana and then almost immediately again to Durance in the catacombs under Radric's palace, and nothing I did could fix it (though I haven't tried console commands). I'll likely have to step back from the game until a patch comes out because the frustration is stratospheric.