When will the patch arrive? Shelved until then :(

In all honestly I find it inconsiderate that I purchased the game only to find out I was only able to get 4 hours out of it before I ran into a game breaking bug. Not only that, but they seem to lack communication within the community. No updates, no news, no nothing. I am told that I have to wait until this week or maybe next week just so that I can play a game that I purchased last week? What happened to micro patches? Why am I waiting on some gigantic patch when they can just send out micro patches in waves to allow people to actually play the game.

They announced that a patch would be incoming this week on Thursday/Friday, how is that inconsiderate? All software has bugs on release, there's no perfect version 1.0. 

But far from all games have huge bugs making the game unplayable. Fact that this **** go through to the full release makes me question the sanity of the devs and thursday/friday? A whole damn week to fix bugs that make the game absolutely unplayable? They should work around the clock to get that **** sorted out, not relax and do it in a week

I guess you know exactly how long it takes to fix that bug, right, and it's four and a half hours at a leisurely pace?  :disguise:

• Like 1

Given that I haven't suffered any of those bugs, and I am finished Act 2 and every single side quest available, (I only reload on death, and I didn't know you could double click equip, until I read about the bug on the forums)...I would hate to be a developer, because obviously its something related to your drivers, your settings, your pc (Windows 7 64, 24 gig of ram).

Now, given that some of these bugs are pretty crappy for some people, yes, I would have to be a dev. I haven't run into a single problem in game, I'd like some balancing and some tweaks, what I have to worry about is the patch screwing up my perfect experience trying to fix issues for people that are experiencing them in the first place.

I know some abilities don't work right now, some items don't work at all, or kill characters abilities (some horn for ciphers) there is a patch necessary for sure. I just can't wrap my mind around the array of possibilites they have to account for, maybe this is why devs inevitably head towards consoles.

So, I have sympathy for the people experiencing such bugs, and I almost have a sympathetic migraine for the devs that have to deal with this kind of thing. I've been through Raedric's keep 3 times already and no issue at all (well, it's pretty hard on hard), no AA problems at all, just lucky I guess, but this PC only has games, browsers and security/maintenance tools on it, oh and open office for reading manuals and stuff.

Given that I haven't suffered any of those bugs, and I am finished Act 2 and every single side quest available, (I only reload on death, and I didn't know you could double click equip, until I read about the bug on the forums)...I would hate to be a developer, because obviously its something related to your drivers, your settings, your pc (Windows 7 64, 24 gig of ram).

Now, given that some of these bugs are pretty crappy for some people, yes, I would have to be a dev. I haven't run into a single problem in game, I'd like some balancing and some tweaks, what I have to worry about is the patch screwing up my perfect experience trying to fix issues for people that are experiencing them in the first place.

I know some abilities don't work right now, some items don't work at all, or kill characters abilities (some horn for ciphers) there is a patch necessary for sure. I just can't wrap my mind around the array of possibilites they have to account for, maybe this is why devs inevitably head towards consoles.

So, I have sympathy for the people experiencing such bugs, and I almost have a sympathetic migraine for the devs that have to deal with this kind of thing. I've been through Raedric's keep 3 times already and no issue at all (well, it's pretty hard on hard), no AA problems at all, just lucky I guess, but this PC only has games, browsers and security/maintenance tools on it, oh and open office for reading manuals and stuff.

You may want to check your stats. I didn't realize I was affected by one of the stat-breaking bugs until I noticed Aloth's Intelligence was about 15 points higher than it should be.

My stats are mostly ok, it's my defenses deflection,will,etc. that is through the roof on most of my companions. Going to wait to play again for the patch methinks as things were starting to get a bit easy. I thought they were somehow getting more as they leveled till I read about this bug.

Edited by Azureblaze

All I can say with bugs is that when your game is in Early Access for as long as this game was, or when you have a public beta for as long as some other recentish games have had, your ability to excuse bugs with the "All games have bugs on release" or "Relax guys, it's only been a week since release" becomes a pretty terrible defense. There have been a couple of games in the last year that have released after a year or more of Early Access/Public Beta where the company was alerted to a specific bug or bugs weeks/months before launch, and the game launched with the bug anyway. And, to be honest, it's getting a little frustrating to see games, like PoE, where Early Access or Public Betas aren't solving the problem that they are meant to solve, specifically, bugs. I can't blame all of this on Obsidian, but I they aren't completely blameless.

There is a bug in raedric's hold?  I have been in and out of there like 5 times never had any issues.  Other than some weird graphical bugs (beetles rolling off screen when you kill them, very funny) and this one time plague of insects stuck on my characters for infinity I have had no issues at all.

There's a thread with lots of people unable to transition out of readric's hold. The screen goes black and CTD sometimes. Unless they had a save before they entered a certain part of the hold, they're pretty much screwed...

You can use an area transition cheat to get out. I teleported out into Gilded Vale and was able to progress on from there.

All software has bugs on release, there's no perfect version 1.0. 

I played mostly console games during my teens. This was before the days of downloading patches. I don't remember a single game which had a bugs as bad as this.

My Aloth has 34 Intelligence. 34!!! His AoEs are enormous.

There was also not a game with this complexity and scope back in those days.  But there were definitely bugs in games back in the day too.  I had a few that was impossible to finish due to a bug.

anyway, the patch is coming in a couple of days...I'm sure most of us have a game library that is more than sufficient to keep us busy for 2-3 days...

what no way I deleted all my games in preparations for this so I have no distractions :p

haha what? let me send you some FB games invite..haha

Last I checked, it's been less than a week since the game came out.

Many of those bugs were present in the backer beta. 

It would be prudent to get a patch out in the next few days so their metacritic score doesn't suffer though and people can de-shelve their broken saves. 

eder being my main tank has deflection at 76 with defender mode on and with a good shield. level 5 at the moment. does that sound right?

Yes it does, mine has 100+ at the same level.

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

Some of these release bugs are quite embarrasing to still have around at release.

I mean double clicking removing racials? How in the nine hells did that not get picked up on and get fixed?

Consistent area corruption and savegame crashes at the keep?

Vanishing pets and companions?

Someone at QA had to have picked up on all of these during testing - When bugs are preventing your game from progressing, you need to clench your teeth and postpone release for at least a week regardless of promises and deadlines. Doing anything else only hurts the product longterm (as is rather obvious from the Steam forum's panic like state)

For game that is apparently broken, I was able to complete all quests in the game in 49 hours :p Yes I didn't have any problem with Raedric's keep, dunno if that is luck or what, but I loaded the save tons of time because I kept dying in boss fight with Raedric and I had to leave area and return later to try it again. I did lose my character's racial trait but didn't really care about that and I noticed some bugs with stronghold system but thats minor stuff.

Seriously people, if you say this is buggest you have ever seen, you haven't been playing many games. If you want, I can list much more buggier releases. This is among least buggiest pc rpg releases I have seen in ages and not just by Obsidian's past releases <_<

Edited by BrokenMask

Head over to the Dragon Age Inquisition forum...they are filled with lots of people dealing with far more substantial bugs and issues than what I have seen listed with this game and that is coming from a massive company (EA/BioWare) with massive funding. The game was released like 5 months ago or so and a huge list of bugs, some of the game breaking, have still not been addressed.

I would say Obsidian has done quite well considering what the competition is doing. I have not encountered any of the bugs being talked about but from what I have been reading, there are work arounds to a good number of them.

You shouldn't go all up in arms after just a few days into release. Also, they didn't have some huge development team working on this game, probably under 40 people doing various things, not all were full time. With the amount of things to be done in the game and the various combinations of things within the game it has to be expected that many of these issues were not being encountered by the devs.

Not the buggest, sure, but i has its fair share of bugs. Did you change your party members often or not ? If you didn't, there is sure way less bugs during a playthrough.
Yet I like to complete companion side-stuff to see what they're about, so I often changed my party composition, and it utterly resulted in a bugfest on their char sheet is all i'm saying.

Qu'avez-vous fait de l'honneur de la patrie ?

Nah, I did change my party members a lot. I do admit that I didn't ever bother checking character sheet though, but gameplay wise I didn't notice any major difference in term of party member effectiveness. So even if they got completely ruined at some point, I was still able to cheese the final fight without much problems once I discovered effective strategy

Also, to people who didn't play the beta, the beta was much more buggier actually. For example, if you saved the game and loaded the save, you had chance of losing your items including equipped ones.

So far only pretty bad glitch and even then not that major one is double click equip one, stronghold interface bugs aren't that bad and Raedric's keep, while bad, happens early on and doesn't seem to happen to everyone. Considering I loaded the save like 20 times :p

Well chances are, if you dismiss a companion with stuff equipped, it ***** up its permanent stats. My Sagani has a base DR of 10 naked :> It makes quite the difference actually, for any aoe and such, since with an armor, I easily reach a tank DR.

But the game is definitely playable, which is the most important for a release. But as it's a whole new system that can only be judged from its context (encounters, bestiary, big fights and such), it's difficult to do so knowing that half my team is cheated-OP. Readric's hold is easily avoidable for the most part anyway.

I'm concerned about this because I still can't figure if hard and potd and too easy because of the bugs or because of the whole design regarding xp rewards, world design with its encounters etc.

Qu'avez-vous fait de l'honneur de la patrie ?

All I can say with bugs is that when your game is in Early Access for as long as this game was, or when you have a public beta for as long as some other recentish games have had, your ability to excuse bugs with the "All games have bugs on release" or "Relax guys, it's only been a week since release" becomes a pretty terrible defense. There have been a couple of games in the last year that have released after a year or more of Early Access/Public Beta where the company was alerted to a specific bug or bugs weeks/months before launch, and the game launched with the bug anyway. And, to be honest, it's getting a little frustrating to see games, like PoE, where Early Access or Public Betas aren't solving the problem that they are meant to solve, specifically, bugs. I can't blame all of this on Obsidian, but I they aren't completely blameless.

This game didn't have early access...

This game didn't have early access...

Well...uh yeah it did. It didn't have what people consider to be "Early Access" in the Steam store sense, but it had a full beta for backers and people who pre-ordered for it. So yes - It had access, early.

When people were saying Wasteland 2 had a lot of bugs I shrugged them off. Throughout the game I had one minor issue.

Well now I know why, Pillars are a goddamn mess for me.

What I remember off the top of my head: items disappearing when put into stash, items duplicating when taken out of stash, quest keys that are intended for multiple uses, disappear after a single use, camping supplies that go above the limit go nowhere, stats jumping all over the place for no reason, ciphers cease gaining focus, summoning items going off by themselves and at random intervals summoning endless hordes of summons that follow me in and out of combat, hirelings in stronghold aggro on me for no reason. There were others, but I can't recall them just now.

At the very least there weren't any gamebreaking bugs so far. But I still have ways to go. How does this **** gets past QA? Honestly, all the bugs in these games, as well as apparent inability for monsters to have their personal AI instead of battle groups makes me think Unity should be avoided like the plague when it comes to engines.

• Like 1