When will the patch arrive? Shelved until then :(

So far I have been effected or heard of multiple critical bugs. 

These include: 

1. Getting my character stuck in Raedric's castle.
  2. Losing stats due to the double click bug.
  3. Having to change anti-aliasing after every transition. (not a bug maybe, but i know it'll be coming as a fix)
  4. Some abilities applying its effect in a loop. (rogue's reckless assault)
  5. Characters getting massive stat boosts due to location and saving issues.
  6. The keep randomly removing buildings you have built.
  7. Rangers losing their companions.

I'm sure you've heard of some or most likely more than these, or have encountered them yourself. My point is, we (the majority who have been effected from these issues, I know some people fortunately have not encountered them yet) are in DESPERATE need of help. As exciting and enjoyable it was, I have currently shelved the game (such a shame too because i just started spring break last Thursday, this was perfect timing) and will not try again until It gets a patch. 

TL;DR 

Amazing game, bug lots of bugs, some critical, requires patch yesterday.

Question is, when will this patch arrive? I don't know when Obsidian patches their game, but I got my game on Thursday, and haven't seen an update since. If anyone knows, please chime in. I'm in the dark. I want to continue my journey before I stop caring for the story and my character/companions.

• Like 2

On release day, or just before it, one of the devs said something about that they were working on 1.03, but that it wouldn't be locked down until next week (which would be this week). Dunno what that meant, but that leads me to believe they've got a big one coming soon. Either at the end of this week or early next week (Just my best guesstimate).

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I'm just avoiding Raedric's hold for now, equipping items by clicking and dropping them onto the slot instead of double clicking. 

I'm not playing a rogue or ranger at the moment so the bug doesn't affect me atm.

AA is not a big deal for me. So I'm continuing to enjoy the game while waiting for the patch to arrive..Hopefully soon! :)

I'm just avoiding Raedric's hold for now, equipping items by clicking and dropping them onto the slot instead of double clicking. 

I'm not playing a rogue or ranger at the moment so the bug doesn't affect me atm.

AA is not a big deal for me. So I'm continuing to enjoy the game while waiting for the patch to arrive..Hopefully soon! :)

I'm avoiding Raedric's as well but unfortunately I've double-clicked armor before having the bug come to my attention  >_<

ever see the movie, the agony and the ecstasy?  and no, it ain't a bdsm pr0n thing.  is 'bout michelangelo painting the ceiling o' the sistine chapel.  the pope is feeling frustrated with buonarroti's progress.

Pope Julius II: When will you make an end?
Michelangelo: When I am finished!

in the aforementioned film, the question and reply are repeated a half dozen times with both the cleric and artist becoming increasingly ill-tempered.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

ever see the movie, the agony and the ecstasy?  and no, it ain't a bdsm pr0n thing.  is 'bout michelangelo painting the ceiling o' the sistine chapel.  the pope is feeling frustrated with buonarroti's progress.

in the aforementioned film, the question and reply are repeated a half dozen times with both the cleric and artist becoming increasingly ill-tempered.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

You talk funny. And didn't I kill you in Throne of Bhaal?

The Raedric's bug isn't bad as long as you remember to quicksave PRIOR to *any* area transition - then in the few instances where you get stuck in a crash bug, you can just go back to your old quick save and get right out.   At least in my case, the autosave was the only thing that would trap me.  It'd likely ruin any iron man runs though atm. 

Edited by Gallenger

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

one reason you were able to kill Gromnir in tob is precisely 'cause we "talk funny."

HA!  Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Everyone has been talking about big bugs all over the internet but the only bug I've seen so far is camping supplies disappearing. I'm not complaining or saying anyone is wrong or they don't exist, the bugs are clearly well documented. I'm just surprised...

This has to be the first time I've managed to not break a game.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

one reason you were able to kill Gromnir in tob is precisely 'cause we "talk funny."

HA!  Good Fun!

Every time I think about Gromnir from now on I'll be imagining him with your goofy George C. Scott face avatar.

Kinda feeling the same way about shelving for now. Some of these bugs are utterly brutal and I can't believe they made it to production.  Maybe early access would've been a good idea to get more "testers" involved?

It's also kind of annoying that Obsidian will use the "indie" thing when it's convenient in describing this game, its budget, or whatever, but when it comes to patching most indies would've had a patch out immediately, and in this they're behaving more like a corporate behemoth and doing a disservice to their players.

So on top of some of these bugs existing at all it's kind of weak that these things haven't already been addressed.  Love the game, don't love this lack of a quick patch situation.

Edited by Voqar
  • Like 1

I've shelved this game too until they fix these game breaking bugs.  I want to enjoy the game to its fullest.  So I will wait.  It is agony though, because I want to play so bad.  I hope they don't lose momentum in their sales because of these bugs, but can't say it wouldn't be justified either.

In all honestly I find it inconsiderate that I purchased the game only to find out I was only able to get 4 hours out of it before I ran into a game breaking bug. Not only that, but they seem to lack communication within the community. No updates, no news, no nothing. I am told that I have to wait until this week or maybe next week just so that I can play a game that I purchased last week? What happened to micro patches? Why am I waiting on some gigantic patch when they can just send out micro patches in waves to allow people to actually play the game.

In all honestly I find it inconsiderate that I purchased the game only to find out I was only able to get 4 hours out of it before I ran into a game breaking bug. Not only that, but they seem to lack communication within the community. No updates, no news, no nothing. I am told that I have to wait until this week or maybe next week just so that I can play a game that I purchased last week? What happened to micro patches? Why am I waiting on some gigantic patch when they can just send out micro patches in waves to allow people to actually play the game.

Every PC game in the world comes with bugs. Many come with real gamebreaking bugs, like CTDs, main questlines being broken, etc. Thankfully that is not the case with POE.

Still, it will be important for patches to address existing issues - including annoying ones like Raedric's Hold. 

But, you know, the game came out on Thursday. It is now Monday. It hasn't been long. They were working on bugs in the weekend. They haven't put up a big announcement because nothing is ready yet. Bugfixes take time. You can't just look in the code, fix one bug, and then put up a 'micro fix'. The reason for that is, when you change one thing in the code, you risk creating new bugs. Each fix needs to be tested - nobody wants to play a game where different things keep breaking and they keep downloading new fixes to the old fixes. 

I think they want a patch to come relatively soon, though. 

I've done Raeric's castle twice and only experienced one issue, so it's not really as bad as many say. The only problem I had, in my second run, was that my character got stuck near a water pool in the catacombs. Very easy fix was to force attack another party member, it would make my character move to the other member and get unstuck.

I encountered the Raedric bug, escaped and I'm still playing. It's annoying, and I'm not going back there till there a patch, but it hasn't broken my game or stopped my from playing. I'm in Defiance Bay now having since then claimed the stronghold, finished a couple other minor tasks and hit lvl 5. I'm enjoying the story immensely.

I'm avoiding Raedric's as well but unfortunately I've double-clicked armor before having the bug come to my attention  >_<

I can't remember if I've double clicked before. Anyway to check what I'm missing...

It isn't too gamebreaking for me as I still can handle fights (playing in hard). Sure, you aren't getting some inherent bonuses, but at this low level and against low level enemies like xaurip, it isn't too much a big deal.

I should say I only have a couple of hours to play each day, so I'm still at level 4. For those 'lucky' that have lots of time to play, its not so lucky, if they have all the time in the world, but can't progress and are impaired for most of the game...

There is a bug in raedric's hold?  I have been in and out of there like 5 times never had any issues.  Other than some weird graphical bugs (beetles rolling off screen when you kill them, very funny) and this one time plague of insects stuck on my characters for infinity I have had no issues at all.

There is a bug in raedric's hold?  I have been in and out of there like 5 times never had any issues.  Other than some weird graphical bugs (beetles rolling off screen when you kill them, very funny) and this one time plague of insects stuck on my characters for infinity I have had no issues at all.

There's a thread with lots of people unable to transition out of readric's hold. The screen goes black and CTD sometimes. Unless they had a save before they entered a certain part of the hold, they're pretty much screwed...

Edited by Jerm

They announced that a patch would be incoming this week on Thursday/Friday, how is that inconsiderate? All software has bugs on release, there's no perfect version 1.0. 

All software has bugs on release, there's no perfect version 1.0. 

I played mostly console games during my teens. This was before the days of downloading patches. I don't remember a single game which had a bugs as bad as this.

My Aloth has 34 Intelligence. 34!!! His AoEs are enormous.

They announced that a patch would be incoming this week on Thursday/Friday, how is that inconsiderate? All software has bugs on release, there's no perfect version 1.0. 

But far from all games have huge bugs making the game unplayable. Fact that this **** go through to the full release makes me question the sanity of the devs and thursday/friday? A whole damn week to fix bugs that make the game absolutely unplayable? They should work around the clock to get that **** sorted out, not relax and do it in a week

But far from all games have huge bugs making the game unplayable. Fact that this **** go through to the full release makes me question the sanity of the devs and thursday/friday? A whole damn week to fix bugs that make the game absolutely unplayable? They should work around the clock to get that **** sorted out, not relax and do it in a week

I guarantee they are not relaxing.

• Like 2

I guarantee they are not relaxing.

This.

@cane:

When you are waiting on something to ship to you, do you assume that shipping employees are all just sitting around sipping martinis next to a big portal? Then, 1 minute before it's arbitrarily-scheduled delivery time of 1 week later, they quickly step through the portal and knock on your door and hand it to you? Or do you realize that people are working around the clock to transport that package all the way to your door, so that, when it finally gets there, it's the product of a week's worth of effort?

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u