Black Screen Entering Brighthollow upstairs and Gilded Vale Inn (similar to Raedric's)

kkrraagg

Question

I'm not sure if this has been reported on, but similarly to Raedric's (which I ended up starting a new game and did not run in to the issue again), when I load Gilded Vale Inn or the upstairs of Brighthollow where the bed is, the game goes black screen with only the cursor.  I can hear noises like it's still working in the background when I click, but I can't escape to the menu.

I can hit F8 to do a quick load, and that works for me. But I can't enter these areas any longer.  It's not a huge deal, but it makes quite a few of the stronghold upgrades worthless, as I can't rest there or access any of the empty chests upstairs.

I'm attaching my saved game and log as requested.

I'm loving the game, even with the bugs. Keep it up!

Thanks!

PS. I keep trying to attach my output log, but it keeps failing and my save file is too large.

Edited by kkrraagg
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

Here's what my log says,

Tier1Backer cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!
 (Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
Tier2Backer cannot be loaded because the asset bundle type is not supported!
 (Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at Chant.InstantiatePhrases () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Chant.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GenericAbility.Restored () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Persistence.RestoreObject (UnityEngine.GameObject restoredObj, Boolean delayed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Persistence.RestoreObject (UnityEngine.GameObject restoredObj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Persistence.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at StoredCharacterInfo.RestoreCharacter (Boolean keepPacked) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Stronghold.RestoreCompanionToNode (Guid guid, UnityEngine.GameObject point) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CompanionStrongholdNode.ActivateNode (Guid companionGuid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CompanionStrongholdNode.PlaceCompanion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CompanionStrongholdNode.LevelLoaded (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.EventHandler:invoke_void__this___object_EventArgs (object,System.EventArgs)
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.EventHandler:invoke_void__this___object_EventArgs (object,System.EventArgs)

It repeats this line about 50 times.

at GameState.FinalizeLevelLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at LevelStartWrapperExit.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74029-kana-made-stronghold-unusable-no-rest-or-manual-resolve-workaround-for-others/

*in some case make backup of your savegames

take kana/other chanter in party (they won't appear on field)

go rest or make other things you want

go outside of bugged location

remove chanters from party

save current game

load last saved game (maybe there should be app restart, haven't investigated closely)

make party you want (without bugged chanters)

may help

• Like 2

Having the Same Issue.  Fully upgraded Caed Nua and I try and go upstairs to rest, I get the black screen.  I have all 6 recruitable companions.  Kana is defintiely causing issues, when I try to move him back into party.  I was having an odd issue with him when I was using piercing shot modal and chants, I think it may be contributing to the problem.  If I move in to the first floor of brighthollow and try and put him in party his model appears naked but is not in party.

Edited by knightguy