Is this project cancelled ? Delayed ?

These forums are dead, and the devs don't seem to post much on here in the way of updates or news. Paizo doesn't seem to have any official news. Does anyone know what is going on with this game, and why there seems to be such a lack of news, media and overall hype ? I was really looking forward to this game this spring.

This year? Absolutely. Beyond that, I don't have details to give.

I will say that the longer you wait, the better (and bigger) the game will be.

yes, but...the longer we wait, the more interest in this game will wane.  especially as the third printed set is about to be released.  ROTR is rapidly becoming ancient history.  and this coming from one of the people most excited about this project.

• Like 1

yes, but...the longer we wait, the more interest in this game will wane.  especially as the third printed set is about to be released.  ROTR is rapidly becoming ancient history.  and this coming from one of the people most excited about this project.

This exactly. With RotR well in the rear view mirror, and there being no marketing for this whatsoever, the interest level is going to be pretty dry.  Timing is everything with releases and delaying it too much to make it "a better game" may end up losing so much interest that there are no buyers to fuel further development.  I wanted this more than any other iOS release at the end of last year, now I'm skeptical I'll ever see it, and don't care half as much as I used to.  And trust me when I tell you that I'm a very avid advocate for PACG. I want more than anything to be proven wrong, but the doubt is already seeded.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you really think interest in this game will wane, the longer it takes to make it?

So, you would prefer that the game comes out now, only half finished with a multitude of bugs?

I wonder what would hurt the game more...

Yes, I also want to it be out and better now than later, but on the other hand I want it to run properly and that it gives me the game feeling I expect rather than a crappy beta test... (what a lot of other companies do!).

I just hope, that RotR will be a success and that the other installments will follow faster than it took to create the core mechanics of the game. At least they don't have to create a new AI for each new setting.

• Like 1

Do you really think interest in this game will wane, the longer it takes to make it?

So, you would prefer that the game comes out now, only half finished with a multitude of bugs?

Yes, I also want to it be out and better now than later, but on the other hand I want it to run properly and that it gives me the game feeling I expect rather than a crappy beta test... (what a lot of other companies do!).

I just hope, that RotR will be a success and that the other installments will follow faster than it took to create the core mechanics of the game. At least they don't have to create a new AI for each new setting.

Couldn't agree with you more.  My interest isn't waning at all!

A large part of marketing is about timing. Yes, longer it takes to develop, the better the quality should be (though, not always), and time is certainly a factor there; however, the game itself also needs to be relevant at the time or the game WILL sell less, and generate less revenue, which in turn will affect their ability to make more games in this product line.

That all said, I really don't want a rushed product, either, I just feel that more marketing would certainly help at least. I don't want a half-finished product pushed out the door, but I do want to know that this is still a priority, where it's at, transparency. The more, and better, marketing there is, the better received the game will be, and the more social buzz will perpetuate the product name. But, even without the ability to throw gobs of money at an app's marketing, they could still post something regularly on Facebook, or even here for that matter, and do 1000% better than they've being doing so far.

I don't understand why asking for more information is in any way equated with 'hurting the game'.

A large part of marketing is about timing. Yes, longer it takes to develop, the better the quality should be (though, not always), and time is certainly a factor there; however, the game itself also needs to be relevant at the time or the game WILL sell less, and generate less revenue, which in turn will affect their ability to make more games in this product line.

That all said, I really don't want a rushed product, either, I just feel that more marketing would certainly help at least. I don't want a half-finished product pushed out the door, but I do want to know that this is still a priority, where it's at, transparency. The more, and better, marketing there is, the better received the game will be, and the more social buzz will perpetuate the product name. But, even without the ability to throw gobs of money at an app's marketing, they could still post something regularly on Facebook, or even here for that matter, and do 1000% better than they've being doing so far.

I don't understand why asking for more information is in any way equated with 'hurting the game'.

I agree with this as well.  I would love to have more updated information as it adds to the hype about the game and would also draw more attention to it.

Oh I haven't said that more infos would hurt the game. In fact I'm also quite curious and would like more info, more screenshots and most of all a release date!

All I said was, that if you are awaitung this game really eagerly, that your interest shouldn't wane because it doesn't comes out half a year after it has been announced.

Sure, with Wrath of the Righteous at the horizon the first installment of the PACG becomes a bit old (especially if you have played it a couple of times already), but I think this will still be awesome and will have his place on the App market.

As for the marketing: Yes, more marketing is normally a good thing for a game, but why should they start with a big marketing campaign when they won't know, when it will be done?

I'm not big in this kind of stuff, but normally I don't get why some games (or books or movies) are announced 1, 2 or even 3 years before they com out! But that is a complete other matter...

As far as I know (and I observe the boardgame app market a bit, as I'm quite interested in it) there is always a market even for older boardgames. Especially if there isn't already app out there, which is similiar to that game (what is the fact for PACG if I'm not mistaken..).

Ok... many words written without saying anything. Just let's hope that we will get a bit more info soon... as well as a release date in a not so far future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am working on it right now, so I don't think it has been cancelled ;)

Hopefully this isn't another Milton situation here...

I kid.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle