Missing saves

Yenkins

Question

Hi all!

For like 20 hours I played with little to no problems at all. But then I received two crashes, one right after another, during game's start up.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03953899571812071570

They didn't happen again.

Then I realized that game fails to read all save files. In game I have like 9 only plus quick and autosave. Sometimes number changes.

In actual folder I have over 60 (yeah I do save a lot)!

It might be just coincidence with those crashes but my bug with saves is very real. Normally I would be one, very sad, person but thankfully autosave and quicksave are registered every time so that allows me to progress with the story and enjoy that great game.

Cheers!

Hope to see some fixes soon ;)

1 answer to this question

Guest aeolisio

I have found a working savegame fix the will load savegames and create new working non corrupt savegames

This has been tested and working on 3 different machines with 5 different save files myself and have had 2 other friends fix their savegames with this method.

First delete the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment

Then delete the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Obsidian Entertainment

If you have any saves in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Pillars of Eternity 

Copy them to C:\Users\username\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity

Run the game as admin and load the most recent save

Move your char and save a new save.  

Without exiting the game reload that new save.

Save again in the same save.

Exit the game.

That should work and create new files in LocalLow and Local\Temp

Though its probably unnecessary before i exit i save then i load my save and resave the same save everytime before i exit the game now.  I have my 60+ hour save now to 85 hours without an issue on multiple machines.