Disappearing Stronghold Upgrades

Baelefor

Question

I returned to my stronghold after completing the second to last Upgrade I needed to finsih them all up. The lab. Only thing I had left to upgrade was the courtyard of the inn.

However when I scrolled through I apparently no longer had both the curtain walls and the merchant stall completed. I know I had both of those completed because I've pretty much upgraded by going straight down the chain. And I've sold to the merchant before this and now he's missing.

Anyone else run into this?

I'm playing on the steam version.

13 answers to this question

Hello,

I've had the same problem.

After my stronghold was attacked by bandits and I've chosen auto resolution.

I was fined and the option to pay the debt was not available. After that i've noticed that the main hold upgrade and all related upgrades were gone.

Note: I'm also playing the steam version.

Hello,

I've had the same problem.

After my stronghold was attacked by bandits and I've chosen auto resolution.

I was fined and the option to pay the debt was not available. After that i've noticed that the main hold upgrade and all related upgrades were gone.

Note: I'm also playing the steam version.

Never mind that.

Apparently there's a penalty for when you lose a fight in the stronghold.

The structures were destroyed because of that defeat and not because of a bug in the game.

Man, too much hand holding in modern games makes you soft. :no:  

Interesting I believe mine happened after an auto resolve event too.

Just check on the stronghold status (log) tab. If it was a result of the auto resolve event it should be a entry showing that the buildings in question were destroyed as a result.

• Like 1

I wish there was more of a tutorial surrounding stronghold mechanics. For instance; the mini-quest I sent one of my PC's on was never fully explained in either story-mode way or in a game-mechanics way: I still don't know if I potentially risked that party member's life or not, even though he did return successful.

Similarly, what happens during an attack isn't very clear. I'm manually resolving fights because I don't fully trust the auto-resolve: does auto-resolve auto-lose if I don't have people hired in the barracks? If it's not an auto-loss, how do individual defense improvements help in these fights?

I can find an online wiki as easily as the next guy, but it would have been nice if the game didn't rely on looking up information outside of gameplay.

When I manually resolved the very first attack on my stronghold (trolls and slimes) over half the NPC guards were killed, even tho my party was there and delt with the attackers.

Having seen this I've NEVER used the auto-resolve because it seems pretty obvious (to me anyway) the NPC guards are useless.

• Like 1

Holy crap I *DID* lose mine from an autoresolve confrontation.  Jesus 4k+5days worth of buildings lost when I had a full contingent guarding the place?!? 

Well at least it's not bugged, just crazy.  Looks like you're all getting fired and I'll handle it personally from now on.

lose a stronghold fight and you will lose buildings. this is not a bug, you will need to pay attention to those fights. i would recommend hiring as many high security people as you can. i dont know what the max for it is, maybe 8? also dont auto resolve unless you feel like making more buildings most the guards suck :p but again not a bug.....