In another topic someone said magical healing doesn't exist in the lore or it's really rare. This left me really confused. My guys are getting serious injuries and instantly removing them in 4 hours somehow. Is the world of PoE just far advanced to ours in medical science or something? Perhaps I should drop my health care and go buy some camping supplies.

In another topic someone said magical healing doesn't exist in the lore or it's really rare. This left me really confused. My guys are getting serious injuries and instantly removing them in 4 hours somehow. Is the world of PoE just far advanced to ours in medical science or something? Perhaps I should drop my health care and go buy some camping supplies.

It is one of the things where they did go with nicer gameplay experience instead of realism. Current system is copied or inspired by game called Darklands where you had to take weeks long pauses in your adventures to heal your health back and in that game your party members also could die in old age and all events in game world had timetable, so it was quite punishing for those players that didn't have good handle over what happens in combat. And as Darklands is one of Josh Sawyer's  favorite games of all time I would guess that he probably at least thought to make PoE's system follow such path as well.

• Like 1

There's a talent you can take to heal in combat, so it stands to reason it could be an advancement of a more basic method used to heal under calmer circumstances.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

You know in comic books where even the run of the mill background guys can take a beating from super powered super heros, and still be fine after some bandages in a few weeks? Well, that is because in that world a "normal" person is different from a normal person in our world.

In PoE there is no magic healing per se, rather the people are just naturally more regenative, a feat which might be considered magic in our world.

At least, that's my take on it.