Manual Resolve for Stronghold - No Looting?

Aside from the fact that this feature seems tacked on (they appear right in the middle of the Stronghold main hall? Why did I build walls?) the lack of being able to loot seems to add another layer of disgruntlement. After fighting a large amount of skeletons, I was hoping to loot their corpses and at least get something from the experience other than... well, experience. Unfortunately, as soon as the battle ended, I was kicked from the area and the corpses removed. There seems to be no reason to bother manually resolving unless you have a very weak security rating. 

Unless I am utterly missing something here. Even generic loot would have been really nice to have, or SOMETHING. 

• Like 1

They appear in the hall because they ascend from od nua. And I do get to loot them after the fight

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Aside from the fact that this feature seems tacked on (they appear right in the middle of the Stronghold main hall? Why did I build walls?) the lack of being able to loot seems to add another layer of disgruntlement. After fighting a large amount of skeletons, I was hoping to loot their corpses and at least get something from the experience other than... well, experience. Unfortunately, as soon as the battle ended, I was kicked from the area and the corpses removed. There seems to be no reason to bother manually resolving unless you have a very weak security rating. 

Unless I am utterly missing something here. Even generic loot would have been really nice to have, or SOMETHING. 

I have a high security rating, Ogre and all that stuff, still they managed to destroy 4(!) buildings in one auto-resolved attack. I figured "screw that" and reloaded for a manual resolve, they died in 20 seconds without much input from my team. So yeah...this stuff needs some work.

• Like 2

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Security reduces the number of attacks you receive and how much money bandits steal from you while you are out.

Apparently the enemies you fight generally come from the Endless Paths, which gives them direct access to your courtyard or your main hall through the dungeons. Remember in the first floor of the dungeon, you can climb up the ladder to enter your courtyard via the storm cellar doors. Or you can leave through your dungeons which has direct steps to your main hall.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into the same issue where I would defeat the invaders and then the screen would fade to black and my party would re-appear with all the corpses completely gone and unlootable, but I could clearly see that there was a ton of loot to gather on the bodies.

The SOLUTION:

When the last enemy falls: Pause the game.

Keep pausing and unpausing as you wait for the party to leave combat, so that the game will be paused the very second that you exit combat. The moment you leave combat, you'll have the ability to loot the corpses (make sure you have the area loot setting turned all the way up so that you can loot an entire group in one click). When you're ready, unpause the game and click to loot. The loot window will pop up (and pause the game automatically) and you can just loot as normal. Using this method ensures that you will get everything the enemies drop. I do this every single time now.

It helps quite a bit if you can get the enemies to die in a cluster so that you can loot them all simultaneously, otherwise if some are too far away from each other (skeletal archers, for example), you may not be in range to loot the stragglers. Keep that in mind when thinking about maximizing your loot gains from these encounters.

I hope this helps.

• Like 3

Yes i had same issue. Fight in the hall, screen goes blank for a second all the mess cleaned up, no loot.

Not that I'm lacking loot in this game...almost to much.

Gaming is interactive...watching TV ..not so much.

I really hope they expand these stronghold defenses into something more dramatic and interesting. For example,

-If the invaders are coming from the Endless Paths, give us a mission to intercept them...i.e., we have to descend into the dungeons to ambush the invaders before they reach the surface.

-If the invaders are coming from outside the stronghold walls (an enemy army), have them stage a siege and let us participate in a full scale war.

-Randomly award high value treasures, weapons, crafting materials. If I knew there was a chance at getting an adra dragon scale, I'd be very excited to manually resolve my stronghold defenses (as opposed to annoyed).

Edited by Hebruixe