Calisca and Heodan have no Culture

Bubbles

Question

Steps to reproduce:

a) select Calisca or Heodan

b) press "C"

c) look at the "Background" line

Confirming what many already suspected, Calisca and Heodan have no Culture whatsoever and thus have one attribute point less than anybody else.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

I'm stuck near the end of the first act, so whatever mind blowing twist you're hinting at (are they ghosts who come from an ancient civilization that had no culture and was therefore immediately forgotten about? Animated puppets?) will have to wait until the next patch.

I do think it's wrong to telegraph that kind of twist during the tutorial though, since it could have been handled much more subtly (with an unknown culture name that only gets explained later, for instance).

Edited by Bubbles

I'm not stuck in plot progression, I just have a near useless main character that I don't want to continue with. I have the stopped Focus regeneration bug on my main Cipher and took way too long to notice it, so reloading would suck. I'd rather wait for a patch and restart properly.

I believe sparklecat is referring to the fact that they both die very, very early in the game as part of the story.  In other words, you aren't with them very long and the enemies you face with them are arguably not very difficult, so those 2 missing attribute points probably won't have much impact on the outcome of anyone's game.

Still, it is an oddity and probably an oversight.  There are worse problems that should probably take priority to this, but it would be nice for it to be fixed eventually (along with the typos).

• Like 1