The Blade that was Broken

Alcarondas

Question

I need help with the quest "The Blade of The Endless Path"

I've found both halves but for some reason Dunstan won't reforge it. Earlier when i talked to him with one part of the blade was in my possession, he said he would repair it provided i find the other half. But now that I've got both parts, no conversation option appears toward the blade's repair. Is it some kind of bug or is this not the way the quest progresses? Thanks in advance.

18 answers to this question

For what it's worth, facing the exact same problem, in the exact same way.

Acquired the first part of the blade, mentioned it to Dustan, acquired the second part, dwarf won't let me speak about the sword again.

Little detail that may have its importance, but contains story-related elements :

I should point out that I've sided with the Doemenels and have set the Knights and the Dozen at each others' throats.

• Like 1

Ok after some research and to clarify, this is not a bug in itself.

There are actually four parts to the sword, found in the Endless Paths :

- Level 2
- Level 5
- Level 9
- Level 12

There should, however, be more dialogue with Dunstan, to state that you're still missing <number> parts, or at the very least an entry in the quest log.

Stats of the blade once reforged :

2-handed Estoc (2210cp worth of metal)
Speed: Slow
Interrupt: 0.75 (Strong)
Damage: 20-29 Piercing
DR Reduction: 5 DR bypass
Superb: +12 accuracy, +45% damage (accuracy translates into more damage as well, less misses/grazes, more hits/crits)
Speed: +20% attack speed
Marking: +10 accuracy granted to an ally attacking the same target
11/12 slots taken (which means you can't do a thing with it, like add a Lash or a Slaying enchantment)

• Like 1

- Level 2
- Level 5
- Level 9
- Level 12

There should, however, be more dialogue with Dunstan, to state that you're still missing <number> parts, or at the very least an entry in the quest log.

Superb: +12 accuracy, +45% damage (accuracy translates into more damage as well, less misses/grazes, more hits/crits)
11/12 slots taken (which means you can't do a thing with it, like add a Lash or a Slaying enchantment)

i have all the items and there is no dialog option ! help

• Like 1

Yes, please allow one of us to google that for you.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

- Level 2
- Level 5
- Level 9
- Level 12

i have all the items and there is no dialog option ! help

I have the same problem. Collected all 4 items (not in order of Endless Paths levels, if that matters). There's no dialogue option with Dunstand to reforge the sword now. I'm in Act III if that matters.

Hello.  Can either one of you or both of you that have all 4 parts but no dialogue option submit a save game to us?  The best way to do that is to upload it to something like Dropbox and then posting a link here so we can download it and take a closer look.  Thanks for your patience and support during this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Don't you need to do a job for the crucible knights first to get access to Dunstan's shop + skills?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Perception doesn't cone into it; Mechanics does. Buff your Mechanics skill and you'll find it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hello.  Can either one of you or both of you that have all 4 parts but no dialogue option submit a save game to us?  The best way to do that is to upload it to something like Dropbox and then posting a link here so we can download it and take a closer look.  Thanks for your patience and support during this issue.

Hi, I have the same problem: found all 4 parts, asked Dunstan to please reforge, but when I come back to him there's no dialogue option. In the journal it still says to go back to retrieve the sword. Here's the link to my savegame: https://www.dropbox.com/s/evz9r5uhodgngcu/c71a2ebf413f4ec8b96df3417e0d1ae5%2016813021%20CrucibleKeep.savegame?dl=0

Thank you!

Hello, all.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I've downloaded your saved game and do not see the pieces of the sword in your inventory at all.  I do see that the quest progression is where it is supposed to be though.  Do you happen to have an earlier saved game while you were gathering the pieces, or better yet, right after you got the 4th one before heading to have it forged?

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello. I have the Broken Blade Quest, which means I've found the first piece of the blade that triggers the quest. I remember talking to Dunstan about that.

However, now that I have the remaining 3 pieces,  I don't have now that first piece in my quest inventory, and Dunstan has no dialog option to reforge the sword.  Quest items can not be sold or moved so I'm sure I did not sell it mistakenly. The xaurips tent is empty. I visited a second time just to be sure.

I'm sure this is a bug. What can be done about it?

Drakton, what game version are you running?

You can use the console to give yourself the piece you're missing if you don't mind disabling achievements.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

On 11/4/2015 at 11:51 AM, Drakton said:

Hello. I have the Broken Blade Quest, which means I've found the first piece of the blade that triggers the quest. I remember talking to Dunstan about that.

However, now that I have the remaining 3 pieces,  I don't have now that first piece in my quest inventory, and Dunstan has no dialog option to reforge the sword.  Quest items can not be sold or moved so I'm sure I did not sell it mistakenly. The xaurips tent is empty. I visited a second time just to be sure.

I'm sure this is a bug. What can be done about it?

This happened to me, talked to dunstan and the first piece vanished. Got the other pieces and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting a dialogue, until I counted my pieces and found the first one was missing.