Bug: Animal Companion 'Takedown' not working.

Gotcha!

Question

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. I couldn't find any mention of it.

My characters reached level 7 today and while leveling both my own Ranger and Sagani I decided to choose the 'Takedown' skill, which allows my wolf and Sagani's fox to knock people down.

The skill should be useable once per encounter and for a very short while it did.

However, at some point the game decided to mark the skill as 'Already Activated' and I've not been able to use it since.

Sagani's fox broke down first. A short while later my wolf got the same problem.

Saving/loading, resting, nothing works.

I hope it can be looked into.

Regards, 

Gotcha!

Ps: Here's a savegame, if required: 

http://avatar.home.xs4all.nl/crap/6cf93f04-2de3-4812-8488-499b733ac0c9%20autosave.savegame

20 answers to this question

It seems to be a common problem for abilities with "X uses for encounter".

Strange. I'm pretty far in the game I think, I've been using x uses per encounter skills like crazy and only the wolf/fox ones broke so far. :)

I spoke too soon. Today Edér's Knock Down stopped working. The option is simply unavailable, like I've spend them all, but I didn't.  :huh:

I am really hoping for a patch soon. I was severely disappointed with Wasteland 2 and a few other games I've bought recently, all showing more and more bugs as the games progressed. I was hoping this game would have been different, especially since its release was set back for such a long time.  :mellow:

Sadly, there was no information in the patch notes that seems to say this will be getting any type of fix. Nor have there been any developer responses in the numerous threads describing the encounter abilities becoming bugged. So who knows if this is even on their plate yet. 

Maybe if it was worded differently. Since there are known issues of combat not ending, I'm pretty sure that's what they're referring to. I also don't think they'd pass up the opportunity to list it as its own separate thing. Not going to hold my breath. 

Same problem for me cannot activate the ability. Says already activated in the tooltip going to try to find a way to edit my character to remove it and replace it with something else or just remove it and add it again whatever will work.

It's still bugged after the latest patch!

I've had this bug since I got it. I think I've only been able to use Takedown once. :(

The icon is dimmed out during battle and says "Already activated" but my bear never uses it.

Hey everybody, thank you for your feedback. The team is aware of this issue. We have a hunch that using an ability as a cutscene starts or as the game saves may cause it to remain in the activated state, but we are unsure if there are other ways this issue may arise. If anybody has any other ideas or 100% reproducible steps, it could help us pin-point the issue and find a solution. Thank you!

No unfortunately not, but my friend also got the bug on his main char now (same ability Edér has that knocks them down).

He had it once before too but restarting the game helped that time, maybe because he didn't save.

Hmm. I need to look into this further. I had noticed my Wolf was not knocking enemies down. I thought possibly it was some sort of resistance a certain enemy has. I noticed this also happening with Eder's knockdown not working all th time.

Are knockdowns by fighter/animal companion supposed to work 100% of the time on every enemy?

Hmm. I need to look into this further. I had noticed my Wolf was not knocking enemies down. I thought possibly it was some sort of resistance a certain enemy has. I noticed this also happening with Eder's knockdown not working all th time.

Are knockdowns by fighter/animal companion supposed to work 100% of the time on every enemy?

No they are not. It has a roll like any other ability.

The problem here is that you can't even use the ability, it stays greyed out even though you should be able to use it.

You can't even click the spell if you have the bug. My bear always have 2 knockdown uses and the spell itself says "Already activated".