Consequences of Raedric's Hold

I killed raedric and put kolsc in place and there was an interesting development latr on in act 3.

I did the same. I however didn't find the development interesting at all. I wouldn't know if the other side of things has anything interesting in store. Just do what fits your character most, I doubt it matters much. 

I killed raedric and put kolsc in place and there was an interesting development latr on in act 3.

I did the same. I however didn't find the development interesting at all. I wouldn't know if the other side of things has anything interesting in store. Just do what fits your character most, I doubt it matters much. 

well.  tbh I didn't even go back and deal ith it I just completed the game and forgot.  So I guess I didn't find it very interesting either :D

Neither paths are inherently good or evil, its just a matter of how you perceive it. As it stands, I'm slightly inclined to side with Raedric. 

Kolsc seems like the popular choice but he doesn't strike me as a capable leader, more like a power-hungry kid who wants to be on the throne. He tries to look like a "people's person" but I don't know if that's just an act to get the populace on his side or not... He doesn't seem minimally interested in helping or finding a cure for the Hollowborn curse either. My reaction to him: "Good job, you 'inherited' a broken, dying land whose half of the population is dead and the other half is unable to produce viable offsprings. Enjoy your short reign!"

Raedric strikes me as a harsh man, a cold leader. He's someone who is capable of making though decisions and committing sacrifices for the "greater good"... even if that comes with a heavy cost. He is both ruthless and mad, but also the ONLY man in Gilded Vale who is TRYING to liberate his land from the curse. He believes that in killing some people now, more lives will be saved in the future. Its a though decision with no guarantees of success... but I think a small chance is better than none, and Kolsc doesn't look like he will do squat about it.

I hope Eder forgives me... because I'm going to side with Raedric.

Edited by IvoryOwl

You sure that Raedric isn't just crazy?... I mean, he tries to cure the land by building temple to Berath :p If that was all it would take to end the Legacy, then surely Legacy wouldn't be a thing everywhere in Dyrwood

Edited by BrokenMask
  • Like 1

You sure that Raedric isn't just crazy?... I mean, he tries to cure the land by building temple to Berath :p If that was all it would take to end the Legacy, then surely Legacy wouldn't be a thing everywhere in Dyrwood

Raedric is absolutely not crazy. He knows exactly what he is doing. He is a very, very bad man, and a very, very bad ruler. Here's a really easy way to tell the difference between a good ruler and a bad one: good rulers' lands are not on the verge of open revolt and kept in check only by mass indiscriminate public executions.

Raedric definitely deserves to die. That doesn't necessarily mean Kolsc deserves to rule, but at least he isn't a mass-murderer. It doesn't matter, though, because regardless of who you pick everyone dies. With that in mind, I would say that killing Raedric is extremely satisfying, especially after he brags about murdering his own wife in cold blood because she tried to keep him from murdering their child, all while he's in the process of squeezing the life out of his people.

Do it early on and you even get to do it again later!

• Like 5

Well, even if he isn't crazy, his idea of how to solve the problem is really bad idea <_<

He arrived at it through rational methods: he tried animancers in addition to his spiritual advisors. When all else (including murder) failed he turned to the gods. It's not his fault that he doesn't know about the villain of the game's silly, pointless sceme to take over the world or whatever. It doesn't make him not a horrible person, but it does demonstrate that he's got all his faculties.

Why you think I'm referring to actual reason behind the legacy?

Again, at what point building temple to Berath would be rational way of solving the problem? Gilded Vale isn't only place were hollowborn are born, heck its even worse problem in Dyrford, Raedric is clearly overly zealous about Berath <_<

Why you think I'm referring to actual reason behind the legacy?

Again, at what point building temple to Berath would be rational way of solving the problem? Gilded Vale isn't only place were hollowborn are born, heck its even worse problem in Dyrford, Raedric is clearly overly zealous about Berath <_<

Rationality? We're talking about faith here, not science or logic. Ancients used to build temples and commit sacrifices to appease the gods. In theory, the more people worship a deity the more power it gains over the mortal realm, which increases the chances of miracles happening. Don't ask.

Put yourself in Raedric shoes - the man has tried everything, from regular medicine, to spiritualism to necromancy. When science no longer provides answers, people usually resort to more traditional means to obtaining results and comfort the mind. What else is there for them to try anyway? He believes that by worshiping Berath, the divine will grant kith the ability to conceive normal children again. Berath watches over the dead and the cycles of life, that also includes when a soul exits and enters a new body. Hollowborn are children who are born without souls, so it makes sense.

Edited by IvoryOwl
  • Like 2

So... does anyone actually knows what are the consequences of choosing either side? Spill your beans people... and don't be shy about it because this is the spoiler section of the forum.

Edited by IvoryOwl

Well, even if he isn't crazy, his idea of how to solve the problem is really bad idea <_<

He arrived at it through rational methods: he tried animancers in addition to his spiritual advisors. When all else (including murder) failed he turned to the gods. It's not his fault that he doesn't know about the villain of the game's silly, pointless sceme to take over the world or whatever. It doesn't make him not a horrible person, but it does demonstrate that he's got all his faculties.

If he was a brutal evil ****er and succeded, you might have a point. But he is a brutal evil ****er an he failed. His intentions don't matter, the results do

So... does anyone actually knows what are the consequences of choosing either side? Spill your beans people... and don't be shy about it because this is the spoiler section of the forum.

If you kill Raedric, he comes back from death(and has fampyr minions), kills Kolsic and sends challenge to you to fight him again, after you kill him again in epilogue Gilded Vale is prosperous, but lawless place. I dunno if there is variation if you kill Raedric but ignore the follow up quest to kill him again.

Oh and apparently you can get fampyr servant to stronghold from the quest, but I had to load the save so many times that fampyr servant disappeared in one load and I couldn't speak to her again to see if I could really recruit her after killing her previous master

Edited by BrokenMask

"Raedric strikes me as a harsh man, a cold leader. He's someone who is capable of making though decisions and committing sacrifices for the "greater good"... even if that comes with a heavy cost. He is both ruthless and mad, but also the ONLY man in Gilded Vale who is TRYING to liberate his land from the curse. He believes that in killing some people now, more lives will be saved in the future. Its a though decision with no guarantees of success... but I think a small chance is better than none, and Kolsc doesn't look like he will do squat about it."

He murdered his wife. He also coldly murders the people he pretend to be protecting. That's poor leadership.  His leadership is being attacked by all fronts - even those 'loyal' to him have a raher low opinion this includes the animator witch in the dungeons. The guy is a poor leader.

His cousin is not perfect but he seems to be better. Heck, Raedric's own guards flip flop to his cousin without blinking an eye the moment you kill him. He can't even  inspire their loyalty. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I am too interested in this, i went back to glided vale and the hold and still no event, what do i ave to do to trigger it?

I am too interested in this, i went back to glided vale and the hold and still no event, what do i ave to do to trigger it?

There's an npc in the twin elms tavern that triggers it

I just finished clearing the castle: I killed Raedric because his rationale is brutal to his people and his own wife and baby. I didn't like what I heard about Kolsc, then when he entered the throne room with all his mannerisms I Really didn't think he would make a good leader either. So I killed him also and all his men.

Now I would like to know: is there any way I can take over the castle as my own personal stronghold? Or did I just royally mess up this storyline here? Will it remain permanently abandoned?

I honestly thought, given the choices, that I would make a better ruler. Lol.

• Like 1

I just finished clearing the castle: I killed Raedric because his rationale is brutal to his people and his own wife and baby. I didn't like what I heard about Kolsc, then when he entered the throne room with all his mannerisms I Really didn't think he would make a good leader either. So I killed him also and all his men.

Now I would like to know: is there any way I can take over the castle as my own personal stronghold? Or did I just royally mess up this storyline here? Will it remain permanently abandoned?

I honestly thought, given the choices, that I would make a better ruler. Lol.

Kolsc woulda died anyway