Howdy pals.  I was trying to find the name of and possibly a vendor for a scroll that increases Mechanics skill.  

I had 1 at a lower level, but haven't ran across another random one and didn't see it in the crafting section (though I could have just over looked it).

I remember it had gears on it as the symbol.

Thanks!

Rite of Hidden Wonders. I did a double-take when I saw how powerful that scroll is, and valued at just 30 copper?! A steady supply of those would save ~30 skill points on the party rogue.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Rite of Hidden Wonders. I did a double-take when I saw how powerful that scroll is, and valued at just 30 copper?! A steady supply of those would save ~30 skill points on the party rogue.

I didn't see it at my stronghold.  Do they increase in inventory after you advance in acts?

I didn't see it at my stronghold.  Do they increase in inventory after you advance in acts?

I'm not sure if there actually is a steady supply; that was wishful thinking. Rites (scrolls that add a large bonus to skills) aren't craftable and I've never actually seen them for sale.

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

I'm not sure if there actually is a steady supply; that was wishful thinking. Rites (scrolls that add a large bonus to skills) aren't craftable and I've never actually seen them for sale.

Ahhh that explains a lot then. Yes I used one at a lower level to find the hidden switch on Level 5 of Od Nua something I took issue with as I would have thought perception would have been more vital to finding a hidden lever than mechanics was and without that scroll I would never have found it. So yeah I would like to know where I can get the Rite of Hidden Wonders can be found as I feel it is a useful tool when you get into those tricky situations especially disarming traps.

Currently level eight at Dyrford Crossing, maybe 2/3 of the way through the game, and I've looted a grand total of two Rites of Hidden Wonders. One by level four, and the other more recently at seven or eight. All the Rites seem to be quite rare, and best saved for when you need to hit a particularly high skill check. On the plus side, they last about three minutes when cast with ~18 Intellect.

On my second playthrough I'll note the locations of Rites that drop and post them (unless someone else does). It should at least determine if they are random or placed.

Edited by mazeltov