Killing both Raedric and Kolsc.. is that bad?

So I took Kolsc's quest.. successfully snuck into Raedric's hold and talked with Raedric. I  took his quest to kill Kolsc since I figured attacking Raedric would turn the whole compound I had just snuck through hostile.  I Went and found Kolsc, killed him easy enough. Went back to Raedric, got my reward and then, just for fun, decided to initiate combat and kill him. It worked, he died.. Amazingly unexpected, no one else at the hold seemed to care. They all just stood around. The only guy who had any dialogue about it was the priest upstairs who said.. "You killed both!, Now what will we do?" (or something along those lines.)

Because I had killed Kolsc, my reputation in Gilded Vale had suffered but I got a positive rep in Defiance Bay. After I killed Raedric, my rep with Gilded vale returned and I suffered no set back in the little rep I had earned in Defiance Bay.

Anyway.. I decided to keep on playing.  But now I'm wondering if this will have any later outcome. Am I going to miss out on some major quests or anything? It's not like the answer will keep me from continuing on down the path I've sent myself. I'm just curious.

Edited by vyvexthorne

I'm kind of hoping it has some consequence.. I felt they were both kind of evil guys in their own ways after hearing both sides.. (they both might have been fibbers as well..)  I was hoping the townsfolk would rally and set things in order themselves. At least there aren't dead people hanging from the tree anymore.

I remembered the town had a magistrate or whatever and went back to talk to him. ... He just seems to believe I sided with Kolsc.

Spoiler - There is a Frightened Villager in the inn of Hearthsong that you can speak to.  I'm not sure what your choice will end in, but killing Raedric (and not Kolsc) has the following result: Raedric is brought back from the dead, he kills Kolsc/everyone in the keep, and the villager was sent to give you Raedric's challenge.  You can go back to the keep to fight him again after doing this.

Unsurprisingly, there is no option to peacefully resolve this challenge from the guy you killed.

I cant find the frightened villager in the inn, is the quest timed? And is there a console command to summon him?  Only other thing left to do is to jump into the hole and fight Thaos.

You can also talk to your Steward at the Stronghold. She will pass on a letter which will allow you to persue this quest.

I personally have not found this Frightened Villager in Twin Elms inn either. 

Spoiler - There is a Frightened Villager in the inn of Hearthsong that you can speak to.  I'm not sure what your choice will end in, but killing Raedric (and not Kolsc) has the following result: Raedric is brought back from the dead, he kills Kolsc/everyone in the keep, and the villager was sent to give you Raedric's challenge.  You can go back to the keep to fight him again after doing this.

Unsurprisingly, there is no option to peacefully resolve this challenge from the guy you killed.

If he kills everyone in the keep do they drop their loot or is it better to kill everyone yourself during first quest?  :blush:

Edited by Ivan Bajlo

No loot at all.

First playthrough: I killed Kolsc, got his loot and that's it.

Second playthrough: I killed Raedric. Later I accepted his challenge, He claimed to have killed Kolsc and every guard, but there was nothing to loot.

Loot wise it's probably best if you kill everyone. Both wannabe leaders and all the guards.

• 1 year later...

I also want to know, do I get the Champion of Berath quest after I kill both cousins? I killed Raedric without accepting his quest, then when Kolsc sat on the throne killed him to check his loot. A fine sabre and other junk, that's all. Still, I don't know if the Champion of Berath quest will appear now or not. Should I let him live so undead Raedric kills him?