List of bugs that everyone should know about (Game Breaking)

zephiris

Question

Hello Developers,

As much as I love this game, I can not play the game in its current form. Which really saddens me. 

The reason being there are a few game breaking bugs that we can not even reverse ourselves.

List of game breaking bugs you should be aware about and fixing ASAP next patch. As we can NOT play the game as intended!!

Nr 1 http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73449-stat-bonus-modifiers-can-erroneously-be-applied-multiple-times-allowing-stats-to-grow-beyond-intended-values/ 

The mother of all game breaking bugs and the main reason so many people are complaining that the game is too easy on HARD difficulty.

Loading a Savegame in the same map where you picked up a companion, and the companion is wearing armor that boost <random stats>.

Each time you load a savegame, the stats increase! do it 100 times and your character is INVINCIBLE. 

Nr 2 http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72923-psa-game-breaking-bug-affecting-everyone-including-you-temporary-fix-for-party-members-only-currently/

Double clicking on a item (like armor, boots etc) and then it equipping on said character his perma stats disappear.

Nr 3: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72764-quick-saving-and-loading-times-increased-greatly-after-20-hours/

I personally didnt experience this yet, but this also hinders gameplay that much that it falls under the category game breaking.

The more you save, the longer it takes to load/save again, people reporting 20-30 hours into the game saves are taking aprox 30 sec to quicksave, and similar time to load.

Nr 4: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73289-so-many-bugs/

Summoning Bug, where after combat the summoned creatures do NOT despawn, leaving you permanently in combat. You can NOT control

your summoned creatures anymore and they go with you every map... Workaround is probably loading a previous save for now but I have not confirmed this.

Similar thing to Stronghold, there is also a bug at the stronghold that after an enemy wave and you kill it. They keep coming back EVERY time you visit. I tried finding the source but couldnt find it here,, the lovely search function on this forum seems missing.

nr 5: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72614-endless-paths-level-13-is-uncompletable-major-bug/

Endless Path level 13, spirits not giving password so you can not continue.

Nr 6 : http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73704-bugged-stronghold-tax/ http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73737-empty-treasury/

Strong Hold doesn't give tax, it only claims taxes  (lol). There are multiple topics about it, I just picked out these 2.

Edited by zephiris
  • Like 23

Huge game breaker bugs like this should never make it into release and if they do they should be hotfixed within 2 days at most. Why is it monday today and still no patch for these bugs?

It's because Obsidian hates you, buddy.  You personally.

Sorry to have to break it to you.

• Like 4

It would be crazy to make a major patch over the first weekend after releasing Thursday night.  Hopefully we'll see it soon now that it is Monday.

The question I have is why so many games are released at the end of the week since it makes just this kind of thing more likely.  Why not release the game on Monday morning so that you can patch early?

Alright...

Looks like I can not edit my first and second post in this thread, so I am unable to update the bugs.

A moderator would need to take over and maintain a list of high priority bugs. Though I think the really high ones are mostly described already for now.

• Like 1

Getting stuck in Raedric's Hold... After killing the Lord there, you cannot leave the area. The game loads the next area, and then you get a black screen with a movement pointer, and when you click your game crashes.

That killed it the first time for me.... But I was willing to start over and do a beter character with the 10 hour expirience I had.

Now my Cipher wont generate focus anymore because of the Drinking Horn of Moderation... This killed it for me now, I am not restarting again after another 15-18 hours.

Frankly I want to like this game, I think it is awesome. And I dont mind imperfections and little bugs here and there. But there are so many game breaking bugs going around that it -REALLY- KILLS the mood having to tiptoe around them. I mean with the drinking horn, I thought I found a very cool upgrade for my PC.... Ends up ruining my character... and the mood.

I am dissapointed, to say the least.

Edited by Frostje
  • Like 1

It would be crazy to make a major patch over the first weekend after releasing Thursday night.  Hopefully we'll see it soon now that it is Monday.

The question I have is why so many games are released at the end of the week since it makes just this kind of thing more likely.  Why not release the game on Monday morning so that you can patch early?

I don't think anyone wants a "major patch" right now but critical hotfies to game breaking bugs is nothing uncommon. It's almost impossible to play the game properly now since pretty much everyone has ****ed up in one way or another

Huge game breaker bugs like this should never make it into release and if they do they should be hotfixed within 2 days at most. Why is it monday today and still no patch for these bugs?

It's because Obsidian hates you, buddy.  You personally.

Sorry to have to break it to you.

I know :( It feels like i'm in an abusive relationship. I own every single obsidian game out there and keep buying them despite obsidian treating me and the rest of their customers as ****

Not game breaking but still a bug...I tried to make a ranger companion...it was regular elf (not pale) and when i had to select my pet i could not select the wolf...any other yes...but not wolf...when i chose wolf the next button in character creation was greyd out !

Also had the same thing with companions going up in stats. with gear and all my lvl 5 has got smt like 115 deflection???

I like a hard and fair game, (i play Path of the dammed)...so i`ll wait for a patch, but all in all it`s a very nice game

This game should be named Temple of Elemental Evil 2. Some of these bugs make me wonder what were the beta-testers doing...
There are, too, some memory leak issues crashing the game for 32-bit systems while the game is sold as 32-bit comaptible. This is big.

Related to some bugs here :

Casting Firebrand spell for druid, and saving after combat while still active = loss of weapons in weapon slot after + cant equip anymore a shield in weapon slot

more details here :

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73380-druid-firebrand-spell-is-game-breaker-after-a-reload-if-still-active-prevent-equiping-weapon/

no workaround exept reloading a save before Firebrand casting

Edited by vahadar

Here is another bug which happened to me. It is a paste from GoG forums.

There is a pack of ogres in the in the northern Elmshore area.
Two of them are druids and they would cast plague of insects which would stay permanently on you and your party. And the worst part is that the effect seem to be stackable. My entire party had two debuffs at once.

After somehow surviving the fight, i noticed that the effect isn't wearing off. Out of combat regeneration would mitigate the endurance damage, but not the health damage. Even resting doesn't remove it.

So yeah. The list goes on.

Is there a confirmation for that? that a patch is incoming this week?

http://www.pcgamer.com/pillars-of-eternity-patch-likely-coming-next-week/

"Yes, we're currently working on patch 1.03, which we hope to release during the week of March 30. We are actively monitoring the Technical Support forum and pulling issues out into our internal bug database."

Edited by McPartyson

Is there a confirmation for that? that a patch is incoming this week?

Yes:

Are you working on patches? Yes, we're currently working on patch 1.03, which we hope to release during the week of March 30.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71830-pillars-of-eternity-support-faq/

It's only a "hope", but I'd say we have at least a 60% chance of getting a patch this week.

it would be great if Obsidian would comment on these issues, and a fix eta.

Quite disappointing lack of timely fixes and very little communication from devs in general. And no publisher to blame it on.

Typos? Aliens. Errors? Aliens!

A publisher may have funded a faster early patch cycle to keep up the hype, whereas PoE already made back a big chunk of the initial investment through Kickstarter, pre-orders, and day-1 sales. At this point they're not under a terrible amount of pressure to hotfix anything, since most of the money is already made.

Well i`m sure they are gathering as much info as to be able to fix as many of the bugs as possible...game breaking or otherwise . They can`t really communicate anything since the patch is not out yet. I for one would much prefer it if they took a couple of days extra to fix most of the problems than getting patches out by the hundreds each of it fixing one small issue.

Also on the subject of bugs...i had it in several ocasions that my PC stopped in the middle of the fight and would not respond to comands...any comands (that is move attack use class abilities etc). he would just stay there. Only way i found to break this was to use one of the 2 watcher abilities i had.  Dont know if it has been posted befeore

The bugs are certainly annoying and mean I'm not playing until patched but, really, its only been 3 days guys.

With game breaking bugs you kinda have to put the team on overtime. Other games in the past with bugs breaking the game have had hotfixes in the range from a few hours to a day.

• Like 1

Please add:

Using stash erases similar letters/books

Example: You get at least 3 individual different letters: Page from Vulvano's Travels, they all have different content. BUT, if you put them in your stash they get stacked and when you take them out again they are all the SAME letter. Two are erased!

• Like 6

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro