4 chanters, one cipher and a priest walk into a bar

So I wanted to do a horsemen of the apocalypse type thing so i wanted to make a 4-1-1 build with the 4 being 4 different godlikes. Im playing on path of the dammed difficulty and gotta say its going well so far (even though im not very far in yet). Even without stacking auras the invocations are crazy good, phantoms hit like trains and 4 phantoms destroy most encounters (Though i tried brute forcing my way into raedrics keep and didnt quite manage (level 3,2,2,2,2,2). Im having loads of fun with it but was wondering how things stack.

encouraging words heals people as long as you chant which sounds great but the heal is quite small so does that stack?
Do auras stack? One aura is -10 concentration, -40 concentration would be insane. If they do stack I would probably get all my chanters to rotate my two favourite chants.

For this build Im building the chanters as tanks, the idea being they only need to survive long enough to get some summoned help, when the help arrives its gg. To this end I put intelligence to 4 (they are melee and given i have 4 chanters i wasnt really that bothered about overlapping chants) and put all my points into might and constitution. When I can afford it Ill give them all heavy armor and I need to decide if that makes them tanky enough or if i need shields as well.

running with a cipher is fun and they do lots of damage and cc but if needed i will swap out the cipher for maybe another priest to make sure the chanters survive (or i could use a druid to root enemies until the 3 chants).

Anyway point is that i think this build is awesome but im open to suggestions on it, here are the pros and cons as I see it:

Pros-
Crazy dps from summons
you can really screw with the ai pathing by placing lots of skeletons

once you have the summons up you should be safe unless they are getting killed faster than you can summon them
You can afk on fights once your summons are up as auto attacks should win it.
decent cc with the knockback
leaves open two party slots that you can play around with
buffs and debuffs everywhere (I really need to figure out what stacks though to optimise it)

Cons-

Untill you hit 3 chants your DPS is pretty low
Chanters do not make the best tanks
Lack of variety on your team could make it hard to deal with situational fights

May not get full dps from summons if they dont have room to attack
Having 4 chanters may reduce buff efficiency if buffs do not stack

286yi4g.jpg

• Like 1

this seam overpowered .. i am lvl 12 already and the lvl 3 chants ... are so strong ... +25 damage to all hits .. at lvl2 x2 reloading speed ... and the 50 fire damage one ... ahh and since you use 4 1 for the +10 deflection one ..

Its just crazy, dont forget to get the +20% fire damage talent xD

Ok, since this is realy good loking idea, i was curious if it will work.More specificaly, if chant can stack.

I have lvl5 PC as chanter, so i worked with Kana on testing.I chanted At the Sight of their Comrades, their Hearts Grew Bold for easy calculation.

So, my wizard has 36 fortitude.I started double chanting only this chant, 2 buffs appeared on his portraid, but when i checked stat, he had only 46 :/

But more disturbly....

I tried it on my chanter which has 55 fortitude and 59 will.When i buffed him, he got only 60/60.I dunno if this is a bug, or you cant boost someone beyond that point.But it is dissapointing...

But i think i will still try this concept.If chanters sing shorter chants, the duration will be always up due to high linger :)

Ok, since this is realy good loking idea, i was curious if it will work.More specificaly, if chant can stack.

I have lvl5 PC as chanter, so i worked with Kana on testing.I chanted At the Sight of their Comrades, their Hearts Grew Bold for easy calculation.

So, my wizard has 36 fortitude.I started double chanting only this chant, 2 buffs appeared on his portraid, but when i checked stat, he had only 46 :/

But more disturbly....

I tried it on my chanter which has 55 fortitude and 59 will.When i buffed him, he got only 60/60.I dunno if this is a bug, or you cant boost someone beyond that point.But it is dissapointing...

But i think i will still try this concept.If chanters sing shorter chants, the duration will be always up due to high linger :)

this seam overpowered .. i am lvl 12 already and the lvl 3 chants ... are so strong ... +25 damage to all hits .. at lvl2 x2 reloading speed ... and the 50 fire damage one ... ahh and since you use 4 1 for the +10 deflection one ..

Its just crazy, dont forget to get the +20% fire damage talent xD

Yea so because chants dont stack I've found it easier to run with each chnater having a a dedicated chant, my intellect is 4 so the loss in efficiency from overlapping chants is very minor but it guarantees I have 4 buffs running all the time, i could get extra dps from the aoe drain but my dmg output is mostly from my summons. The biggest problem tbh is surviving the 12 seconds to cast them but using speed chants and kiting i can delay the engagement until they are ready in most games but given that i am running path of the dammed ironman it gets close sometimes ive had to be very careful (though I still brute forced my way into raedrics keep (pics below) Pretty much all my talents and gear is going towards making them tanks but even so they get two hit pretty often. Im not sure if i should swap out my druid for a real tank.

My priest i think is essential to the build to recover the HP, at least until they are tankier but i might get a second priest or paladin to soak up more damage, the summons do so much damage tnat survivial is my priority atm. Im about to kill raedric so ill see how it goes.

tbh im considering respeccing putting the points in might into a tankier attribute.

2zylclv.jpg

nya5as.jpg

29w7ars.jpg