ending?

i got a question

in kotor1, once tyou beat the game, you couldnt go back and see what you did so-to-speak. for example "hey, i saved the whole world" but you dont get to see the effects, just an ending. will kotor 2 allow you to continue playing after you beat the "final boss" (if there is 1)? like in zelda:oricle of seasons (or however you spell it)

i think it would be pretty cool. you know, throw in some new quests, dialogue, stuff like that.

i got a question

in kotor1, once tyou beat the game, you couldnt go back and see what you did so-to-speak. for example "hey, i saved the whole world" but you dont get to see the effects, just an ending. will kotor 2 allow you to continue playing after you beat the "final boss" (if there is 1)? like in zelda:oricle of seasons (or however you spell it)

i think it would be pretty cool. you know, throw in some new quests, dialogue, stuff like that.

I doubt it. Very few games let you do this. It's generally a bad idea unless the main storyline isn't the focus of the game like Morrowind. But I think KOTOR2 will have a focus on the main plot and since it's relatively linear they won't let you run around after the end.

Guest Michael Chu

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched Return of the Jedi! (Okay, I'm stretching it.)

Hey, you've got to wait for a "Special Edition" to see something like that. Take Return of the Jedi, for example. The ending of the original version just shows the Ewok party and stuff (fireworks overhead), but with the Special Edition, you get to see the celebrations all across the galaxy. :lol:

Though my personal favorite of that sort of ending would have to be EarthBound, where you get to traverse the whole world before going back home to Onett.

Well.. Fallout 2 allowed this, and you can do it in Fallout 1 if you "cheated" (debatable if it is cna even be considered cheating).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched Return of the Jedi! (Okay, I'm stretching it.)

Hey, you've got to wait for a "Special Edition" to see something like that. Take Return of the Jedi, for example. The ending of the original version just shows the Ewok party and stuff (fireworks overhead), but with the Special Edition, you get to see the celebrations all across the galaxy. :lol:

Though my personal favorite of that sort of ending would have to be EarthBound, where you get to traverse the whole world before going back home to Onett.

well, you still haventh answered me ;)

Well.. Fallout 2 allowed this, and you can do it in Fallout 1 if you "cheated" (debatable if it is cna even be considered cheating).

And they were the exceptions not the norm. And like I said their focus was not on the main storyline. Unlike PS:T for example.

I do remember that the Lunar series (great RPG) on playstation 1 had such a feature... After killing the main boss, you were able to wander a little bit just to check out what happens to all the characters, including those who were in your party (you get to see people planning to get married, having a baby, wanting to improve their skills, have some new adventures or simply become richer...).

I have to say that such a feature is rather cool and I would welcome it in Kotor2.

The problem is that unlike the Lunar series, your choices affect the whole storyline and those around you, so I guess there will be multiple endings. I imagine that it will be difficult to see what the different characters iin the game do after the bad guy is defeated if there are too many different outcomes.

It will still be nice if Obsidian tried to implement this feature...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I think it would be good to have a more indepth ending. I'm not sure about being able to run around but maybe several clips showing what happens to the charaters/worlds that you have met/visited, a bit like RotJ. :lol:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Then implement the same in KotOR II, silly :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest ADMINHYDROGENSUCKS

they are going to do that, but it sounds u gotta play it all like 4 times to find out, the choice thing, and well if ur evil in the first time missions dead

You know, after watching Blood: The Last Vampire, I've began to put things into perspective.

Nowadays KOTOR's ending doesn't disappoint me at all. Complaining over *that* particular piece of work would be like complaining about not getting a third hamburger at MacDonalds while watching a documentary on the starving children around the world...

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Atleast there should be an option for you to atleast just go back to the planets and play around like pazaak and swoop racing and just talk to people. This time their dialog would be post storyline talking about the recent events.

Don't tell me that there isn't enough time to do this.

I don't like to sound picky but that is one thing that is pissing me off with this whole Obsidian thing. Much is said that not much is going to be added to the game that wasn't already in KOTOR, so that leaves me to believe that the only thing Obsidian is really doing is just a new story.

I mean they already have the KOTOR game engine and that makes up about 50-70% of the developement process. So what IS Obsidian really doing with this project.

I believe that if they already have the engine, they should be doing a lot more since I have more free time, but they aren't.

Guest ADMINHYDROGENSUCKS

so irony or overweightness, what are you talking about, but whatever game endings are that now good bad, no grey area at all

I think that the ending was a bit short in KotOR, I would have liked extended CG cinematic stuff, e.g. all hail the Dark Lord Revan *switchs to scenes of planetwide destruction, Carth dying (yay! pls....)* or the LS ending... rebuilding of a new jedi academy, etc. An example of good endings to games = Zelda series on N64 and GC. Revisitation of every main area you ever saw in game, as well as key characters. Makes it emotional *sniff*

kotor1's endings were horrible

i mean, showing your guy in a robe with a cheesy little badge isnt an ending and it doesnt tell a story.

or revan holding a rally in which everyone hails him isnt much of an ending either