I found it during my hard run but I'm having difficulties locating it on my Path of the Damned run.

Nothing to be found online.

Can anyone remind me where it is or was I simply lucky last time? :)

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

There is no precise location where you can find them I think, as I think that they are their random items list where they generate loot to some containers in world. And with those items there is possibility that you don't find any them during one playthrough and then on next playthrough you can find 2 or even 3 copies of them.

Non-unique items are randomized. Loot is generated when you peek in a container. The looting seed used in all areas is changed after every game day. You can manipulate the game into coughing up a pair by knowing the location where it drops and resting 3-4x to change the seed.

For example, there is a pair that can be found on a desk in Raedric's private chambers. It is connected to Osyra's room and you can freely rest there if you side with her.

If you want an easy way to obtain the gloves, do the following:

1.) Save your game in Osyra's room.

2.) Use her shortcut to reach Raedric's private chambers.

3.) Loot the desk.

4.) If you find the Gloves of Manipulation, congrats. You can stop here.

5.) If you don't find the Gloves of Manipulation, reload your save.

6.) Talk to Osyra and rest until a day passes.

7.) Go back to step 1.

To get a better understanding of how the seeding works, if you find the Gloves of Manipulation on Raedric's desk, you'll also find a Blunting Belt in the trapped chest by Raedric's bed 100% of the time. The seed used to spawn the gloves on his desk is the same seed used to spawn the belt in the trapped chest. If you loot the gloves, but don't want the belt, you can go back down to Osyra's room and rest a day to change the seed.

• Like 5

I've finished PoE on hard, every quest done and every area discovered and doublechecked on search mode. 0 gloves of manipulation. Game decided to give x3 Gloves of Might/Boots of Speed/Ring of Unshackling/Ring of Searing Flames and x2 Broad Belt of Power/Gridle of Mortal Protection.

Not only that, Azzuro came to my Keep with Rimecutter/Wurmwull twice(!!) and once with Hiro's Mantle/Scath Gwannek. Now the best part - before finishing the game, i went back to the keep to sleep few time and see if he can give me something else. He came ! With another Rimecutter...

I understand the logic behind some RNG loot (i guess it was implemented to prevent people from visiting locations for certain loot; you do it anyway for major loot tho...) but really, they should at least add some kind of script preventing the loot doubles.

Edited by Looms
  • Like 1

Non-unique items are randomized. Loot is generated when you peek in a container. The looting seed used in all areas is changed after every game day. You can manipulate the game into coughing up a pair by knowing the location where it drops and resting 3-4x to change the seed.

For example, there is a pair that can be found on a desk in Raedric's private chambers. It is connected to Osyra's room and you can freely rest there if you side with her.

3.) Loot the desk.

7.) Go back to step 1.

To get a better understanding of how the seeding works, if you find the Gloves of Manipulation on Raedric's desk, you'll also find a Blunting Belt in the trapped chest by Raedric's bed 100% of the time. The seed used to spawn the gloves on his desk is the same seed used to spawn the belt in the trapped chest. If you loot the gloves, but don't want the belt, you can go back down to Osyra's room and rest a day to change the seed.

Why waste time trying to job the game? Just cut to the chase and use the console to spawn them in:

AddItem gloves_of_manipulation 1

3.) Loot the desk.

7.) Go back to step 1.

Thank you, this the answer to my question. I was aware of the system to manipulate the loot seed and now that is what i will do.

I strongly disapprove of RNG loot.

It doesn't make the game more interesting - just more frustrating when you can't ever get the items you need and get doubles/triples of those you don't need.

It doesn't make the game more atmospheric story-wise - on the contrary, getting several copies of a "unique" named item in a single run ruins the item's story, and you miss out on the stories of items "RNGesus" decided not to give you.

From a gameplay perspective, named items with unique properties are an excellent way to stimulate the player to brave difficult dungeons and defeat powerful, unique enemies. E.g. in BG2, if you wanted Carsomyr, you had to defeat Firkraag - no mean feat. Advance knowledge of unique items' locations can work in the developers' favor, helping them lure players to great adventures.

So, neither the players nor the game itself - story-wise and gameplay-wise - benefit from RNG loot.

The only "benefits" of RNG are these:

a) Less effort for developers to make unique dungeons/missions (why bother with thoughtful placing of named loot when you can just slap an RNG script on a chest);

b) More time required for players to get the items they desire. MMORPGs love RNG crap for this single reason.

So, down with RNG, I say. Specific, non-random placement worked great for Infinity Engine games and other iconic RPGs, like the Gothic series. So why follow in the footsteps of soulless MMOs and Diablo-clones instead of beloved classics which PoE purports to emulate?

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 8

Worked like a charm. I had to redo the steps about 5 times until I spawned the Gloves of Manipulation ( + Blunting Belt in the trapped chest) . Seems to me that this is the best spot  where you can force the game to cough the gloves due to small distance to map entrance and neat place to make the time pass( I did it with the priest Nedmar). :biggrin:

Out of all the non-unique loot in the game, this is the one item I see consistently brought up to discussion. It really underlines the balance (or rather, the lack thereof) of the Skills.

Why doesn't anyone want that nice +2 Survival item? :lol:

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

3.) Loot the desk.

7.) Go back to step 1.

Very helpful in analyzing how the seed works, thanks. I thought that the seed was set for the entire map on the first time you entered it (because this has been my experience in other games). Knowing that you can leave, sleep and come back to change a seed is good.

t50aJUd.jpg

3.) Loot the desk.

7.) Go back to step 1.

When I try to use the secret shortcut, she ends up turning hostile and attacking me. Is that normal?

Out of all the non-unique loot in the game, this is the one item I see consistently brought up to discussion. It really underlines the balance (or rather, the lack thereof) of the Skills.

Well, to be fair, there are guaranteed items that boost the other skills, so if you really need extra Survival for a conversation/scripted event, you can figure out where to get it and go from there. Mechanics seems to be the only one without a guaranteed item boost.

When I try to use the secret shortcut, she ends up turning hostile and attacking me. Is that normal?

Did you tell her that you won't harm Raedric?

I told her I would kill Nedmar.

You have to kill Nedmar and she has to be the one to open the passage.

So I tried a different method and I think this might work:

1. I killed Osyra
  2. Rested once
  3. Got the dream about Durance
  4. Spoke with him about the Godhammer
  5. Rested a second time
  6. Walked through the secret passage
  7. Different loot from previous time

I'm going to do some more testing later this evening.

the odd absence o' a rogue companion is part o' the problem.  the fact that mechanics is a curious no-brainer skill for priests is also an issue and is the one serious balance concern we have regarding mechanics.  final coffin nail is poe trap cheese, but only the degenerative/exploitative player is gonna go that route, so am not bothered.

poe skills ain't that unbalanced, but there are... quirks. 

easiest fix would be to make the starting backgrounds a bit more significant regarding starting skill bonuses and to complete remove the class bonuses for skills. is no good reason for class bonuses, particularly with some classes missing from the pool o' obsidian crafted joinable npcs.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3.) Loot the desk.

7.) Go back to step 1.

Actually the exact time the glove will spawn is around 18 days in game.

After playing through Act 1 a dozen times and never seeing the gloves, I decided to try to see how deep the loot table is.  I started with the hidden stash in Raedric's dungeons in the cell diagonally across from Giacco's because I'd seen a few mentions of people getting the gloves from there.  In hindsight, this was a mistake since each reset takes a lot longer than resetting Raedric's bedroom.  Oh well.

30 Attempts:

- 2x Healing Hands

- 3x Minor Gauntlets of Accuracy

- 2x Minor Rings of Protection

- 2x Cloaks of Deflection (+5)

- 4x Rings of Searing Flames

- 5x Boots of Evasion (+2 Reflex)

- 2x Boots of Stealth

- Ring of Overseeing

- Rymrgand's Mantle

- 3x Minor Cloaks of Protection

- 2x Minor Bracers of Deflection

- Rotward Amulet (13th loot)

- Cape of Withdrawal (21st loot)

- Belt of Bountiful Healing (22nd loot)

I didn't precisely record the loot chronologically by reset.  I just made an Xx note when I got a dupe.  I didn't get the first duplicate item until the 12th attempt (first Minor Bracer of Deflect was #11, 2nd Boots of Evasion was #12, Rotward Amulet was #13.  I didn't record which duplicated item went with resets #14-20.  It never occurred to me that the loot might be tied to a specific game day or day of a calendar month like Dunehunter suggested above.  After briefly messing with resets at the Gilded Vale inn for the freeze cloak, I assumed there was more randomization involved.  (Reconsidering this, though, it could easily be that the results seem random because there are far fewer items in the loot table for that chest and a 30 day cycle might be, for instance, 10 minor deflect rings, 10 minor protect rings, 5 minor protect cloaks, 3 capes of withdrawal, 1 amulet of health and 1 freeze cloak.)

Resets #21 and #22 were new items, but then resets #23-28 were an exact match of my first 6 items (Healing Hands through Boots of Evasion).  If the loot is a repeating pattern based on a (relatively) small cycle, I'd expect loot #29 to have been Boots of Stealth.  It wasn't.  It was Minor Gauntlets of Accuracy.  But then, of course, #30 was Boots of Stealth.  I stopped there (because I gave up on the gloves from this spot, wanted the boots and just in case it really was a repeating cycle, I didn't want to do it 30 more times to get them).  Because I wasn't recording Attempt # -> Item Looted, it's entirely possible I missed a second MG of Accuracy the first time through.  It's also possible resets #23-28 being exact duplicates of resets #1-6 was just a huge coincidence.   I'm leaning toward the former, but will try something similar with Raedric's bedroom later.

Obvious PS. No Gloves of Manipulation in 30 attempts.

EDIT:

Just did this stash spot again on a new character.  The loot is definitely sequential.  My first loot this time around was Cape of Withdrawal.  Following that:

- Belt of Bountiful Healing

- Healing Hands

- Minor Gauntlets of Accuracy

- Minor Ring of Protection

- Cape of Deflection

- Ring of Searing Flames

- Boots of Evasion

- Minor Gauntlets of Accuracy

- Boots of Stealth

Exactly matches my previous list, assuming that I didn't correctly note the second accuracy gauntlets.  This isn't the full cycle.  There's more on the list between Boots of Stealth and Cape of Withdrawal, but I stopped on stealth boots again.

Edit 2: I just did Raedric's bed/desk with two separate characters and the sequences didn't match.  So not sure how to take that.  Either different lootables have different randomization rules or maybe there's some kind of initial seed (or maybe separate loot tables) based on character class/race/etc.  The two characters I used for the dungeon stash were the same name, race, class with the same difficulty settings and only slightly different stat allocations.  For Raedric's bed/desk I used one of those characters and then an old save with a character of a completely different class/race on a different difficulty.

Either way, it seems like coming up with a general loot list for a given container isn't practical except maybe just to show how deep or shallow the loot table is.

PS. Might be worth noting that I got Gauntlets of Accuracy (+5 acc) out of the best chest.  Seems pretty early in the game for those.

Edited by Casildar

Well, to be fair, there are guaranteed items that boost the other skills, so if you really need extra Survival for a conversation/scripted event, you can figure out where to get it and go from there. Mechanics seems to be the only one without a guaranteed item boost.

This. Items that boost the other skills are practically growing on trees.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.