Is Aloth wearing a meat shirt?

Several times now I have almost dropped all wizards from my party as all mobs appear to agro on them without any action on their part. I no longer cast at all with Aloth until the fight is essentially over as chasing the mobs who are trampling their fellows to get at Aloth is tiresome. Fortunately he is usually safely unconscious early on and normal combat sensibilities are restored. I do worry about his health though, the repeated blows to the head can't be any better for him than it is for pro football players. No other casters seem to generate this sort of reaction, either. I can chain cast with clerics before the fighters even get in melee without so much as an eyebrow raised. 

Have I done something, some setting, "Wizards tank everything yes/no" that I could alter?

• Like 1

It's basically the extent of the AI targeting priorities; IF NOT "wizard" THEN attack nearest, ELSE bum-rush! (unless ranged) 

Edited by KingNee

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Several times now I have almost dropped all wizards from my party as all mobs appear to agro on them without any action on their part. I no longer cast at all with Aloth until the fight is essentially over as chasing the mobs who are trampling their fellows to get at Aloth is tiresome. Fortunately he is usually safely unconscious early on and normal combat sensibilities are restored. I do worry about his health though, the repeated blows to the head can't be any better for him than it is for pro football players. No other casters seem to generate this sort of reaction, either. I can chain cast with clerics before the fighters even get in melee without so much as an eyebrow raised. 

Have I done something, some setting, "Wizards tank everything yes/no" that I could alter?

I found the only way to avoid this seems to be to hold Aloth back, keeping him behind the party, and not have him do anything until everyone else has made contact with the enemy. Otherwise, yes, it's enemy-train destination: Aloth.

Edited by Eurhetemec

I find keeping the wizard atleas 2 squares back behind the frontline effective (press F to open and customise your party formation). I mostly wait for enemies to come to me and if they try to round my front line I peel off one of them to go and get agro from them by attacking them before they get there. If your finding it really hard, like teleporter mobs instantly getting to your back line, just get used to casting mage armour, its amazing, also consider getting a decent shield and sword for your 2nd weapon set so if push comes to shove, you can defend yourself long enough to then swap back and cast again.

All the best and fight safe!

GG POE!

cCLgG1t.png

I have a number of ways to pull the enemies to me. One involves Aloth sneaking up front and using Rolling Flames into the room full of enemies, then running back behind the front line while I move Eder and my custom barbarian up. The other involves holding everybody back while those two run forward. Sometimes I place traps or seals and pull with my cipher, too.

I've never really had a problem with people bum rushing Aloth, except for those damn shadows.