It's what you call her, but it's not her name. Kind of like the Nameless one from PS: torment or one of many in NWN2.

i'm not sure why anyone would call someone grieving mother. "Hello Grieving Mother, how have you been?" "Tell Grieving Mother to come here." "Grieving Mother is my best friend."

Surely this isn't what the character is called the entire game? It sounds more like a placeholder name for a game still in development.

Without spoilers there won't be an explanation for this. You should probably just play the game to check it out. It is kind of a strange character though. (If it's in a good way or a bad way probably relies on your own taste.)

It's what you call her, but it's not her name. Kind of like the Nameless one from PS: torment or one of many in NWN2.

i'm not sure why anyone would call someone grieving mother. "Hello Grieving Mother, how have you been?" "Tell Grieving Mother to come here." "Grieving Mother is my best friend."

Surely this isn't what the character is called the entire game? It sounds more like a placeholder name for a game still in development.

So, you've never come across a fantasy game character whose name is a title or codename, rather than a real name? The examples you give are no sillier than using any name/surname combo in the same situations. You'd obviously shorten her name (probably to "mother") if you knew her.

She's a sort of spirit/ghost thing, she's not just some regular human woman. She's weird, you'll see if you meet her.