Lets talk about the best items in the game

So i just finished 40+ hours of the game.
My main char was a tank fighter and had these unique items:
1 handed sword - Last Blade of the White Forge (pimped out as much as possible)

1.2 Attack speed, +5acc and dmg +1.25 to spirits, 25percent freeze dmg, +8 acc and +1.3 dmg    (11/12)

Shield - Thy Chef

10percent crits contverted to hits, +8 Shield Deflections,   16deflections, -8 acc,    (6/12)

Armor - Coat of Ill Payment (pimped out as much as possible)
Retaliation perk, +2resolve, +3 corrode dmg reduction, 4 dmg reduction, DR 14   (10/12)

Head - Azalin`s Helmet (crit +10percent)

Feet - Boots of Speed (move speed +3)

Waist - Girdle of Eoton Constitusion (+3 con)

Rings -

Ring of Unshackling - (grants supress affliction)

Ring of thorns (+3dex, +5reflex, +20 defense when stunned or prone)

Hands - Spiderfingers (+1 perception, grants restore minor endurance)

Neck - Cape of Deflection (+5 deflections)

None of the buffs overlap, so all my other party members also have great stuff too. But ofc i gave the best items to my main char)

What does your main char use? Did you find any better items?

You could swap the ring of unshacles with a higher deflection ring (I saw only +10s, but I'm at act2 only). Supress affliction is something your party members could cast on you. That opens up your cape slot where I'd put spellward amulet or a flat protection cloak.

I also bought a warhammer (shatterstar?) in defiance bay that gives +1 Engagement limit which is much more useful than buffing up your nonexistant damage.

• Like 1

I'm just at the Beginning of act 2 so i didn't find so many great items yet, but i like the blunt girdle (+5 DR pierce,slash) and the Footpad's Hood(+1 perception, + 2 stealth). DR is not so easy to come by and stealth is so expensive like all other skills on high level. So both things are worth a lot.

I also bought a warhammer (shatterstar?) in defiance bay that gives +1 Engagement limit which is much more useful than buffing up your nonexistant damage.

In a completely curious tone: Why is engagement limit important if you're doing nonexistant damage? Are opponents less prone to change targets if the engagement is mutual, or is there some other benefit to engagement than the opportunity for disengagement attacks?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

In a completely curious tone: Why is engagement limit important if you're doing nonexistant damage? Are opponents less prone to change targets if the engagement is mutual, or is there some other benefit to engagement than the opportunity for disengagement attacks?

Engagement allows you to "tie up" more enemies. The more incoming damage you manage to focus on the front rank tanks, the easier it is for the back row to dish out the damage. Well, as i've understood things at least :)

If you see someone breaking off you if you click them fast enough not only you get a free attack but you also reestablish aggro on him - this needs confiming though but what I found is clicking on them quick helps and they just stop and switch aggro back to the tank.

A more important aspect though is that it immediately attacks ranged enemies that want to attack your back row (again switching aggro back on you). You can tank 2 archers with 2 engagement limit and keep on swinging on a third enemy - effectively bogging down 3 of them all the time.

Edited by lord_wc

If you see someone breaking off you if you click them fast enough not only you get a free attack but you also reestablish aggro on him - this needs confiming though but what I found is clicking on them quick helps and they just stop and switch aggro back to the tank.

That does make sense actually, considering when I'm running from someone and they reach melee range I automatically return the engagement rather than keep running. Woot, +1 tanking skill, thanks.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!