AI auto-attacking charmed/confused companions

Lioness

Question

The characters in my team pick a hostile and auto-attack it when their original target dies or whatever. It would be nice if the list of hostiles to pick a target from did not include my charmed/confused companions. I would rather the AI controlled companion stayed idle if the only targets it could pick were temporarily hostile friendlies (or neutrals ?)

I don't mind the micro-managing but preventing this is an added hassle,.. beside it is immersion breaking when the enemies are dead and 5 of the team pile one the poor companion who is temporarily hostile.

Edited by Lioness

7 answers to this question

Yeh happened to me too. It makes no sense, sometimes the characters don't even auto-target enemies once their intiial target dies but when their ally gets charmed they just go rogue on him. Looked funny at first, now it's becoming a nuisance with the limited resting.

Well, if a friend suddenly started attacking you with deadly intent, you'd probably at least try to defend yourself and might have to hurt them a little, even if you were trying not to harm him in the process. :lol:

...the AI just tends to attack whatever is attacking them. I haven't noticed, in my game, them attacking Charmed/Confused party members unless that party member actually engages them first.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And if you've paid a little more attention you might've noticed some gratuitous crazy disengagement attacks going  off against your hapless charmed allies as they PEACEFULLY stumble around the place ...  AUTO ATTACK is a blight!!! 

Edited by peddroelm
  • Like 1

WPNTVf7.jpg

you can turn of auto attacking in options

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/