Endless Paths of Od Nua - Stuck

So, Ive been playing the game on hard, and obliviously descended into the pit of Od Nua, killed the Dragon, ventured down another level. Now I have essentially become stuck. No camping supplies, majority of my characters with zero endurance, no saved game before descending into the pit and cannot seem to find a way out. 

Perhaps I am missing something completely obvious to escape, but I am literally at a point where if I cannot get out, my game is ruined. Dropped the difficulty to easy to see if I could fight my way out, still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do here? Its really ruining the experience for me :(

don't go down the pit guys...

I could have sworn there was a master staircase on that level, so unless you have progressed to a point where you are totally unable to move and your autosave is even pat that point, the master staircase should only be a few rooms away from the drake room

On level 5 there is a master stair case which takes you to the beginning. It is located to the east south-east. I don't think you can go past levels 4 and 3 if you are low on life so the master stair case is probably your only option, unless you go the console route.

Wait, one can go further down than the 15th level?

Edit: Ah no, my mistake. You're talking about the sacrificial pit of the first levels...

Edited by xrogaan

If it doesn't kill you, it just missed its target.