What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Previous thread

The Walking Dead season finale.

Well, that didn't go quite as I was expecting, but that isn't a bad thing. And I absolutely loved the very ending because of ...

Morgan! Finally! Haha, man, that was so funny, him showing up right at that exact moment. "Rick?".... priceless. I sure hope his character sticks around/alive for at least the entire first half of next season.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That series has Cliff 'Uncle Bully' Curtis in it, so I have to support it. Funny really, he's done a huge amount of stuff both here and overseas including some reasonably big movies and TV series but here he's still most famous for being having the snot spectacularly beaten out of him by Jango Fett in Once Were Warriors and not having some eggs cooked for him.

Pretty good TWD finale for a pretty good season overall, probably best since S1 at least.

• Like 1

Dude, what, Helen Mirren just did a turn-around onstage for The Tonight Show. She is ultra mega, like, I mean, shapely, and curved, and hot, what. 

Liked the helium bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK5S-IuzIt8#t=16

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Better Call Saul was so epic last night

I wait for this series to gather a few episodes on the VoD of my cable and then watch them all in a row. Need to catch up soon again.

...was bored so tried CSI:Cyber, even tho the ads looked horrible and made me shake my head. It's even worse than I imagined. Poor writing, poor direction, poor editing, poor camera work. Just ridiculous, imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, neat little Easter eggs. Im sure you know but just in case, Barry's father in the show was The Flash in the 1990 version.

The woman who ran the rival tech company on an earlier ep was the female lead on the 90s flash

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I loved Dukes when I was a kid. My much older brother just raised his eyebrows at my dubious taste, but hey I was like 12-13 at the time.

Good times.

Me and Mrs Nonek have been somewhat gripped watching Oz, it's very gruesome and gritty but very good, i'd never heard a single thing about it before happening to catch a repeat on TV.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Daredevil. Excellent so far. End of episode 2 was particularly awesome, sets up the situation, comes in, beats up the bad guys, and leaves. Like a 5 minute scene, no cuts.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The more I see of the series Spartacus, the more it reminds me of Braveheart set in Rome. Kind of. Only with weirder 300 style blood flinging combat camera work. And not as good.

Caught up a bit on Showtimes Shameless. I mostly watch it now and then because of William H. Macy. He's so detestable/manipulative in it, and it's awesome.

Daredevil, all 13 episodes. Thought the very end was a bit bland, but otherwise a good watch.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Daredevil, all 13 episodes. Thought the very end was a bit bland, but otherwise a good watch.

Just finished episode 3. It's very good. Definitely has that gritty Frank Miller and Denny O'Neil vibe to it.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

That is good news, hoping for hard copy. 

No sleep for the Watcher on the back nine today, whew, what a performance at golf's real life world super series bowl, today, the Masters. Kid has the nerve and composure of a titanium monolith. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I've decided to hold off on playing PoE since we have news on the upcoming patches. Gives me a chance to maybe catch up on some shows. Plus NBA playoffs.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Watched episode 9 and 10 of Better Call Saul. They were both pretty good, although the "bingo rant" scene went on for far too long.

Was that the last of the season? Or will there be a couple more? I'm still impatient to start seeing more crashing together of all these pieces, but those episodes were great at really showing/setting up the path Saul walked to get there. And of course ... Mike is the uber kewlest.