Bloody slaughter talent - few questions and doubts

I have few question and doubts about bloody slaughter talent.

Wiki talent description:

bloody slaughter - All attacks at enemies with low Endurance convert some Hits to Crits and all Crits do additional damage (+0.5 damage multiplier)

Does  +0.5 critical damage affects all attacks or only when enemy has low endurance? I checked before and after picking the talent and don't see any difference in numbers, crit damage are still the same (checked on ranged weapons - arbalests ) :(

Does the bonus affects also spells damage and effects time (slow,blindness)?

Whats with arbalests and guns - the have TK lower by (-0.3) so at the end TK bonus is 0.5-0.3+0.5=0.7 (170% base damage)?

Thanks in advance for answers and suggestions :)

Edited by Piqt

I came here pondering the very same question -.-

Apparently, it does apply to spells :

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/pillars-of-eternity-beta-discussion-game-released-go-to-new-thread.93694/page-403

As for the crit multiplier, you might be wrong.

The wiki is waaaay outdated and should not be relied upon.

The wiki description says "all crits do more damage".

The ingame description specifically states "and those crits do additional damage".

I'm afraid the talent isn't specific enough and it doesn't say if "all those very specific hits that become crits do more damage", or "speaking of crits, they will all do more damage, enjoy".

Got to hate lazy descriptions, I want to know what I'm picking, to assess if I'll be picking it, talk about the lack of a Respec option...

Edit: spelling

Edited by dam
  • Like 2

The wording suggests it works with every attack, possibly even status effect durations.

Regarding DoTs the matter is unclear, that depends if their damage is computed on application, or at the moment it ticks.

As for test results, to have a representative sample you're going to need 50 crits without the talent, 50 crits with the talent, 50 crits on foes at 10-25% hp with the talent.

Unless you want to spend many hours on it, I don't think anybody's gonna bother.

It would be nice to have a community rep give us a clear answer about this talent.

The in-game description says "those crits do additional damage", it is unclear whether "those" refers to only crits converted by Bloody Slaughter, or crits in general.

Just from the talent's text, there is no way of infering it.

There's no mention of what "low endurance" means either, could be 25%, could be 10, could be a flat number like < 30.

The point is, the talent needs to be reworded correctly for one to assess its worth.

Having to rely on trial and error to determine if you want to pick the talent is just plain wrong, the description alone should suffice, provided that it's clear enough.

• Like 1

For what it's worth and after some extensive testing yesterday, Bloody Slaughter did not trigger for enemies at just 1 pip of HP.

It would sometimes trigger after whittling them down a little more.

Is there any change in the character sheet to reflect this? I didn't notice anything so I was curious, and I didn't have the patience to look through a couple hundred hits in the log to see if my average minimum damage had actually gone up in practice.

Edited by AlphaMagnum

Ok so I dug into the game files and was able to view the ability in Unity :

- Bonus Hit To Crit Percent enemy Below 10Percent : 20

- Bonus Crit Hit Multiplier enemy Below 10Percent : 0.5

So here are the answers :

- the enemy has to be < 10%

- the 50% crit damage addition applies only to enemies under 10%, but apparently it applies to all crits, not only those that got converted

Before someone asks, no, I cannot patch this to be < 25% , I've checked and there's no trigger condition for values other than 10%.

• Like 2

killstealer build 

Have high accuracy high rof ranged weapon and try to land last hit on whatever enemy is about to bite it :) ..

Paladin about to trigger on kill inspire ? ..Too slow :p    (needs to be PotD for the 10% to have any meaning)

Edited by peddroelm
  • Like 1

WPNTVf7.jpg

killstealer build 

Have high accuracy high rof ranged weapon and try to land last hit on whatever enemy is about to bite it :) ..

Paladin about to trigger on kill inspire ? ..Too slow :p    (needs to be PotD for the 10% to have any meaning)

Even in PotD the 10% sees little use.

The talent really is worth very little (PotD) to absolutely nothing (other game modes) -.-

This needs a rework, but then Rogues are in a pretty good shape (if one disregards stealth/backstab being entirely broken and their funniest skills being on stupid 2/rest cooldowns) so I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1