Disappearing Weapon

oldlamehand

Question

Hallo,

I have encountered a strange bug (GOG version). When I left Readric's Hold Dungeon and Entered Readrick' Keep, I noticed one of weapons Kana had in quick weapon slot (Fine Estoc with Burinin Lash) dissapeared. I  checked the save at the end of Readric's Hold Dungeon and the weapon was in the slot. I tried to enter Readrick' Keep again and the weapon again disappeared.

After that I loaded the save again, switched the weapons and entered Readrick' Keep. Everything was OK now.

4 answers to this question

I've had a similar problem. But i'm quite sure, that i've casted "Flame Sword" with my druid hireling and her original weapon disappeared after that.

Since Kana doesn't have a "summon weapon" chant, it's possibly not related. Still.. another input on a disappearing weapon :-)

I have noticed this problem can hapen in other locations too. Kana's sword also disappeared while entering different level in Endless Paths.  Maybe  this problem is related to all characters with more than two weapon slots? I can't test it, because in my party only Kana has three weapon slots so far.

Hi, 

In Raedric's hold (where I also have the zoning bug), I got a "Concelhaut's Parasitic Quarterstaff" as a drop and equipped it to my main character's first weapon set (Druid). I've saved a bunch of times since and I noticed that it's missing from the slot and not in my inventory or stash. I may have used the flaming sword skill in the intervening time but I really don't know when it disappeared for sure. 

On top of all the other bugs (of which I've encounter 3 of the big ones), this is just killing my confidence in playing the game. I can't leave the hold without resetting the exterior areas in the save file (again!) and now my weapons are disappearing!

Should be fixed in patch 1.03

Fixed possible issues with disappearing items and weapons.

Summoned weapons will be removed when Spiritshifting.

A summoned weapon will not unequip the grimoire.

(yes!)

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"