Entire party getting 1-2 shot on Lyra (Banshee in Heritage)

On NORMAL! Is level 5 too low for her? 

My party first all gets stun-locked by her scream. Then she does some fireball and her melee/soldiers 1 hit each person if I make it through that AOE nightmare.

To make matters worse it's in a tiny room that has a huge coffin in the middle, which auto-starts from dialogue allowing monsters to all run up to your party.

I've never died or had trouble before this.  

Edited by Dongom

Its hard to say what kind of party you have. But you should get pause going as fast as possible. Also remember that you can move your characters around in anyway you want, as the fight wont start until you talk with her.

Priests are good for that. You can also just throw a aoe CC directly at the start. Infront of your tank/melee. Slick is a great ability. But its not required other classes have ranged stun / knockdown / charm / confusion that you can also use.

I tried everything you guys said, it's not working.  I face rolled everything up until this point.  But in this battle, the damage is too much and the damage I dish out isn't killing even 1 of the Sentry's before we die.

I have 2 fighters, a wizard, a priest, a ranger, and chanter. 4 ranged 2 tanks. The fight starts as soon as I get close to the coffin, So we end up all stuck at the door.  The damage of the wail sometimes out right kills mage/priest lol....This instant death.

So is this for level 5?  Maybe this is the issue (under leveled).  If not, I must have missed some epic items or I have a glitch/bug going on.

Edited by Dongom

lol wow i did it some how...must have had a lucky rng streak.

I had to cheese tho, get 4 ranged in a corner super bunched up and send in the 2 tanks really slowly stealth as much as I can. then spam aoe on tanks. two people died but we won.  I wish i was  a Cipher instead ranger now, so much lack of utility.

I still want to know what level exactly this was supposed to be for :p

Edited by Dongom

It wasn't a problem for a 4 man group at level 4 (a chanter, paladin, cipher and wizard). Paladin basically oneshots her.

CC seems extremely powerful in this game (and having a tank also), and cipher is as good as it gets. Buy an adventurer and make one, it makes life so easy.

It wasn't a problem for a 4 man group at level 4 (a chanter, paladin, cipher and wizard). Paladin basically oneshots her.

CC seems extremely powerful in this game (and having a tank also), and cipher is as good as it gets. Buy an adventurer and make one, it makes life so easy.

I finally did it with 6 members at level 5. I killed her, but I required advanced strategies, (two fighters on each side, trap placement, luring, pre-slicken, pre-fireball, pro-micro).  This just shows the insane gap between classes/builds.  I had no burst classes and Aloth with his low MIG and 1 cc spell lol.

I really need to get in on the Cipher/Rogue and Adventurer hype train. I didn't want to though. 

Edited by Dongom

I finally did it with 6 members at level 5. I killed her, but I required advanced strategies, (two fighters on each side, trap placement, luring, pre-slicken, pre-fireball, pro-micro).  This just shows the insane gap between classes/builds.  I had no burst classes and Aloth with his low MIG and 1 cc spell lol.

I really need to get in on the Cipher/Rogue and Adventurer hype train. I didn't want to though. 

You could always go pick up Grieving Mother in Dyrwood Village.

I did it with 6 characters at level 6 and it was a real fight for me; I did trigger it out of position, which didn't help.  This is the sort of fight where you don't hold back - throw everything at it and rest after.  Crowd control spells and debuffs are really important, as is taking the undead down asap.