O btw the music is good

It is very good, atmopsheric and fitting. My only disappointment is that there was no special music for boss encounters. I still remember the amazing boss themes for Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal. The combat themes in PoE were very good, but some special music for those encounters would be great in the future.

• Like 1

It is very good, atmopsheric and fitting. My only disappointment is that there was no special music for boss encounters. I still remember the amazing boss themes for Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal. The combat themes in PoE were very good, but some special music for those encounters would be great in the future.

I agree! I haven't noticed so far, but now I've encountered my first dragon..a special 'intense' combat music for this kind of encounter would be great, and of course one unique theme for the final fight.

Soundtrack is good, but I`m actually bothered by the BG2 style throwback music/sounds you occasionally hear. They should have just made everything unique for this game and not do that.

Hm, it's really just one track (at least in my ears) and for throwback purposes I adore it. Otherwise PoE has pretty much its own musical style.

Soundtrack is good, but I`m actually bothered by the BG2 style throwback music/sounds you occasionally hear. They should have just made everything unique for this game and not do that.

Hm, it's really just one track (at least in my ears) and for throwback purposes I adore it. Otherwise PoE has pretty much its own musical style.

It could just be that I heard that particular track too much. Maybe I spend too much time in that location or something. This is a purely subjective thing, after all.

I enjoy soundtracks that are unique and recognizable in some form the most, even if it is not the most pleasant listening all the time. Something like Remember Me soundtrack for example.

My only disappointment is that there was no special music for boss encounters. [...] The combat themes in PoE were very good, but some special music for those encounters would be great in the future.

In another thread Justin Bell agreed that this was planned but cut for time.

I was really hoping for a unique endboss battle track.

I had planned to write one that expanded on the kickstater campaign music, but we ran out of time.  Maybe in the future....... 

I almost want to start a mini sub-kickstarter just to get this added to the game for a future patch.

• Like 1

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

(Takes me back to iMUSE days - Peter McConnell and Michael Land invested so much effort into that interactive music system, which added or removed layers depending on what was hapenning in the game and transitioned between tracks smoothly. It was absolutey great - and hardly anyone noticed or talked about it. :( )

Yup, iMUSE was fantastic. Unfortunately it required a lot of work with all the transitions - and as you noted, not many even noticed it...

It would have been great to have had a more robust music system.  Unfortunately we didn't have the time or resources to do anything more complex than what is in the game.  At one point we did have a combat music that would have let us have intros, outros, and sync points which would have allowed for more variety and would have sounded more organic.  But it came online too late and we had to comment it out.

Hopefully something to look forward to with Eternity 2 I think   :)

• Like 3

The music is perfect.  I had to mute the music in D:OS by comparison.

Ouch. :) That bad? I think the Divinity games have a very quirky, unfettered style - when the devs at Larian think something could be fun, they just do it, and the same goes for the composer of all the music in those games, I feel. While they rarely seem to bother with overall consistency or setting a certain 'mood' and sticking with it, somehow all the elements always seem to come together to make an entertaining, if unusual game, and unusual music as well. But I do realize this approach may not be everyone's cup of tea. :)

Yeah it was that bad.  I hated the music in that game, mainly due to the constant looping.  It was like Chinese water torture for my ears.

O.O They music in D:OS is amazing you scrub :p

No i love it really, the looping is a problem and the re-use of the theme of older games, but thats kinda the "Divinity Sound". That stupid music didn´t leave my head for months, i was constantly hearing it in my head lol

Anyway. PoE has a great soundtrack, i really love it, especially the subtle notes like in the sanatarium that send chills down my spine. Immersion achived ;)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

(Takes me back to iMUSE days - Peter McConnell and Michael Land invested so much effort into that interactive music system, which added or removed layers depending on what was hapenning in the game and transitioned between tracks smoothly. It was absolutey great - and hardly anyone noticed or talked about it. :( )

Yup, iMUSE was fantastic. Unfortunately it required a lot of work with all the transitions - and as you noted, not many even noticed it...

It would have been great to have had a more robust music system.  Unfortunately we didn't have the time or resources to do anything more complex than what is in the game.  At one point we did have a combat music that would have let us have intros, outros, and sync points which would have allowed for more variety and would have sounded more organic.  But it came online too late and we had to comment it out.

Hopefully something to look forward to with Eternity 2 I think   :)

I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

Seriously, that'd be great. I love little touches like how battle music might change seamlessly back to exploration music. I know stuff like that isn't easy to do, but I sure appreciate it when I hear it.