How to Reach Elmshore/Twin Elms areas?

Sorry if this duplicates, I couldn't find it to follow it...

I cannot for the life of me reach Twin Elms or Elmshore, Stormfall Gorge just ends at a river I can't seem to cross, and Dyrford Crossing and Searing Plains don't seem to connect either, how does one reach that set of areas?

You need to go to Stormwall Gorge, only from there can you unlock the next area that will lead to Twin Elms.

But where on that map? Going west doesn't seem to work, heading south down the path ends at a river, heading north or trying again from the east don't open up the next area either...

I have a somewhat related question to the topic - the story doesn't tell where all the water went? After i finished Act 2 i went to stormfall gorge and discovered that the water is gone and the entrance to the Lle a rhemen ruin was also open. Haven't gone any further along the quest line yet, just kinda sad i didn't get to see any small cutscene with all the water going away or any comments from the party about it ;( 

I have a somewhat related question to the topic - the story doesn't tell where all the water went? After i finished Act 2 i went to stormfall gorge and discovered that the water is gone and the entrance to the Lle a rhemen ruin was also open. Haven't gone any further along the quest line yet, just kinda sad i didn't get to see any small cutscene with all the water going away or any comments from the party about it ;(

I think I remember seeing some of the generic characters in the hearth area talking about the rains finally ending, so I'm guessing that's why the waters receeded.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Elmshore and did the Adra Arch fight - do I need to clear out the ogre cave before I can get to Twin Elms?

No, you should be able to move there from Elmshore. Check each border of the map, maybe you're just trying in the wrong place. I think this was the map where the road goes northeast, but you actually have to move on from southeast?

If you tried to enter Defiance Bay from the north bridge(which I didn't find until much later in the game), people there will talk about all the flooding that has been happening lately in the area. This explains(and as far as I know is the only explanation) the high waters at the dam.

I forget who you talk to hear about the waters declining after a major plot development in Defiance Bay, but someone does mention it.

• 6 months later...

^ how's that a revelation?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus