Soloing PoE : Sucess so far ( Hard Dificulty Expert Mode )

i like abusing tethering. that was the best strategy in a lot of Warcraft 3 rpgs i've played. fun times IMO. lol. it's pretty funny if you do it right against a solo enemy where they basically don't attack you. but my accuracy is so bad i miss a ton.

i wonder if maerwald is possible to do like that. if you can get separated from him, then could you go shoot him once and run away again, and repeat? otherwise i don't know how i'll ever pass him with priest.

who has got past potd solo maerwald with anything but chanter btw? can someone like druid just dps him down fast before you die? can like a barb or monk just fight him kinda normally?

the main room my god

Im thinking i need to go get some fire scrolls lol, therer is no way i can survive 5 phantoms and i dont see a way to split pull them

AHHHHH

just got inside with priest. left of the door is a choke point where only 2 fight you. maybe that will help you.

yea i can almost afford the figurine, think im gonna go raiding on raedrics castle for some shiny armor to sell in town, let the raid begin!!

caed nua main room is doable with priest (level 4 with figurine). for it to be ironman safe, you have to understand withdraw perfectly (i don't). a lot of places in the room, you use withdraw, they walk up to you, they walk away, it ends, combat instantly restarts, they walk towards you again. you can't get out of combat. but for some reason if i go to a specific spot in the chokepoint on the left and use withdraw, it worked to get me out of combat 4 times in a row. i don't understand it very well. but i killed a few guys in the chokepoint and then got out of combat with withdraw. so once i go back to town for rest + camping supplies, i'll finish this room no problem now.

another thing i tried, maybe it's interesting: i lured them and stood kinda in the middle, used horn, sent it to the bottom chokepoint, used withdraw on myself. 4 went and killed my summon. i ran up after withdraw ended (i have 3 int, so it's shorter, which is actually useful sometimes lol). i got in combat with the 2 guys who didn't chase my summon and killed them. then i was at the top of the room, out of combat. but you can't rest in there, i couldn't open the door, couldn't talk to statue, i was just stuck.

Edited by curi

For Solo Priest, you start is a mix out of caster (with no aoe dmg) and tank start.

After prolog (in prolog, your warrior you get can outtank even in PotD everythink the games trows at you) you should be level 2 -> talent should be shild and weapon talent

You go directly first town, ignore everythink in first outddor map.

First town, collect all Quest, and solve the mill quest. Rest now, you should be exaustet from you prolog.

Do mainquest at tree, you should now hit level 3...

After level 3 questorder you want to do...

1.) blacksmith (to get the shild)...you need to kill 1 mob to stealth pick the quest item)

2.) cook quest

3.) Temple (with many, many rests...) --> getting life leech weapon, helm is without bugging out moving Ai out of reach

4.) Range trink quest for the sister

5.) bear cave

--> you should now hit level 4

----------------

It didn't played priest higher, yo can choose now between raedrics hold with heavy boss fight, or old watcher with heavy boss fight. what oyu choose depens on your stat points.

Its possible to hit level 4 without setting foot in the temple. Its also possible to have enough for the figurine about the same time. It is however questionable whether its easier without or with the temple because hitting level 5 before the mentioned boss fights is probably not possible either way. Temple has loot though.

So cipher gains focus on retaliation attacks. This is probably one of the most broken things I've tried. Time to find a retaliation item for my solo cipher. If you make it to level 7 (I'm 6 currently) i'm sure you can solo the game this way. +7 DR spell at level 7 is immense. At level 11 you just have 3 different "I win" buttons.

Edited by MadDemiurg

OMFG i wasted so much time trying to kill the phantoms in the temple, they are pretty blind to stealth lol, just went straight in and stole it, tho i got a cape of will, bit odd but i could defs use a boost to will, tho i wont be able to wear my frost cape :/

So cipher gains focus on retaliation attacks. This is probably one of the most broken things I've tried. Time to find a retaliation item for my solo cipher. If you make it to level 7 (I'm 6 currently) i'm sure you can solo the game this way. +7 DR spell at level 7 is immense. At level 11 you just have 3 different "I win" buttons.

did you kill maerwald? what strategy?

Maerwald is a joke. I don't understand why people have a difficult time with him. 

I did, noting too complex. If he gets caught into antipathetic field he goes down like if he's made of wet tissues. Plus you can paralyze him with mental binding if you're lucky. If you confuse him and you're even more lucky his own elements will gang up on him. So, spells, knight summon and a fair bit of luck.

I didn't kill Raedric, was too much for me at that level. Maybe with a lot of traps, scrolls, s/l and other bull****. Killed the other dude instead. Cipher has a lot of cheesy options (antipathetic field does crazy damage, but needs very precise control), plus confusion is VERY abusable atm. You do need to get lucky on your spell rolls though, at least until you get stronger.

Edited by MadDemiurg

So, i testet how life leech on weapons works:

and seems there are many bugs included

1.) Liffe leech adds 20% endurence per weapon typ damage done

2.) Life leech on weapon stacks, like every effect on weapon.

- 1 weapon with 20% --> 20% LL

- 2 1h weapon with 20 % --> 20%+20% = 40%

3.) it do not work with elemental damage (means fire god do not trigger life leech)

4.) it works with skill damage, which do weapon type damage (pierce, crush, etc.), 

5.) it do not work with monks aoe damage on wound gained

but, in my test run, it looked, like life leech bugged out.

in low level, when I used dualwild with 2 LL weapons, and used force of agony attack, for skill damage, 40% LL was right calculated...for all of damage done,

but at level 12 with more skills, force of agony hitted for 30 damage....but gave me only 3 endurance points (in early it hitted for 12dmg and gave 5 endurance points)

looks like at some points, passive or talents, or damage calculation reduce amount the health you get.

Edited by Aqvamare
  • Like 2

I dont even know who Maerwald is, how the **** do you get to Raedric

go east out of the village

Oh the crazy guy in Caed Nua... 

I killed him pretty easily. He does some damage, he may kill you fast some times but he isnt big deal, that kind of fights are the ones you are supossed to win good as a soloer

Good info Aqvamare, do you know if its posible to enchant a weapon to give it LS? Or its just those special you find. I havent found a 2h sword with drain yet and I want one ( I know there are some with 1h but..)

Edited by LastSoloer

To old watcher or raedric first, I think concentrate on old watcher, because after watcher, you can traverl further and buy items like the trollbelt for 1endurance per second.

Raedric is a unlimited fight, means the belt, after you got out of sight can heal you completly up...and yo can slpit and reduce the enemies one after another.

-----------------------------------

life leech is weapon bound...you have to find them....

easiest to get in order:

1.) flair in temple first town, second level

2.) Dyrford, sabre in the far east town at shop after old watcher (were you can buy trollhide belt, too)

3.) and in big town, you can buy a LL combat bow

4.) stilleto, at spider boss, endless path dungeon level 1 (were old watcher is)

-----------------------------------

cipher would be my first choice for solo run, if there heal would be working on themself, too.

they get crazy strong buffs over time, with absolut heavy CC.

And they get on most of there spells accurcy bouns, which is so important in PotD to catch up to enemy deflection numbers.

They have lategame really strong RAW damage attacks, which ignore Damage reduction.

They would be perfect, if there heal would work on themself....but this is a wish^^

Edited by Aqvamare
  • Like 1

How hard is Raedric compared to his cousin. I guess he is much harder since the enemies arround him seem like more lvl and beter equiped. I didnt kill Raedric for rp motivations, but on a next run I wil have to fight that bastard

Edited by LastSoloer

raedric on PotD means:

you have to fight:

Readric

2 rouge bodyguars, one as 1h, one as dual wild

3 paladin bodyguards with 2H

2 mages, with heavy range attack

1 priest

1 ranger with Bow

only good think, nobody is fighter with a shild....that would be overkill...

my tipp, do not make the dialog with him, if you do it per dialog, you stand in the middle of all of them and they gang bang you. simply use a bow pull to get all as enemy

----------------------

i done him as chanter at level 4 with unlimited summon cheese.

but as non chanter, i would do him after the old watcher, when i got endurance regg belt, so that i can dogde split pull them slowly.

Edited by Aqvamare
  • Like 1

Is stun lock really meant to be this debilitating? I mean even if i prepare it seems its totally down to luck if i win a 1v1 with a phantom because I spend like 5 minutes w**king in a corner. Then in other fights he misses a few stuns and I burst him down in no time, its just seems retarded? is it because obsidian hate us soloers?

Without dialog is not fun. There are ways of getting the dialog on a better spot :D

On Hard I think its the same number more or less lol, maybe 1 mage less and 1 pala BG less? Dunno. 

Is stun lock really meant to be this debilitating? I mean even if i prepare it seems its totally down to luck if i win a 1v1 with a phantom because I spend like 5 minutes w**king in a corner. Then in other fights he misses a few stuns and I burst him down in no time, its just seems retarded? is it because obsidian hate us soloers?

Its pretty obvious to think that those phantoms on a 6vs1 fight arent htat op. For us soloers ye they are much stronger but well there are mechanism to avoid getting perma stunned... Talents items, etc. And its all about dices  whether you get stunned or not

Edited by LastSoloer

Everything maerwald casts can be dodged. I mean running away and he will cast and hit nothing. If you keep running he will run out spells to use. You'll notice when he starts doing a really weak ranged attack. Just be careful cus it seems like he saves his strongest spell fireball. He doesn't cast it while you're running. If you see him cast anything just hightail it and run out of range.

• Like 1

Maerwald is a joke. I don't understand why people have a difficult time with him. 

What class/method did you use?  The above poster mentioned a fair bit of luck, and someone trying a rogue mentioned that it seems very RNG-dependent to get monster help -- did you find a way that does not involve luck?

Last hotfix and XP:

to my surprise, it seems with the last hotfix we got a XP buff for PotD difficulty.

I gave in my monk run the temple quest, and i got:

405 quest XP -->

810 group XP, which means it buffed quest XP to 100%.

Before 1.03 patch and after patch, it was 405 QXP --> 607 Group XP ---> 50% buff.

finally a good news.