Soloing PoE : Sucess so far ( Hard Dificulty Expert Mode )

inspiring radiance (priest +accuracy on his per-encounter aoe heal) stacks with itself. and you can spam it when out of combat. i wonder what other per-encounter stuff might be stackable in a useful way. the priest +stats and move speed talent from his aoe heal doesn't stack with itself. maybe another class has something nice?

LOL bro, pretty sure I just read somewhere else that they made that combat only in the new patch so you can't prebuff with it!

oh, doh, i can't patch yet cuz i'm on GOG not steam. somethign similar still might be possible with another class though.

If you are planning on rerolling wait to patch until you buy the figurine and sell the useless gun in prologue

Doing those two things makes the entire game so much easer

Have anyone tried a retaliation cipher build? I want to try it out, but to not have the time atm. Potentially it can mean that every time you get hit you retaliate and gain at least 2 focus with draining whip if it lands. This would make tank cipher quite OP. Also if you go with some firearm as your ranged weapon you can wear full plate with minor implications, since reload is the main problem anyway (and as for spells, you don't cast them that often). Also I'm kinda curious if retaliation on armor and shield stack (probably not).

Cleared  Raedric's Hold as easy as I did with my bugged Fire GOdlike Druid.

CONFIRMED, IT WAS NOT THE BUG, THIS CLASS WORKS

The caps may be seen as an overreaction, but its not, its good news lads, good news. Soon I will go to the city and start the pew pew against the baz boyz. We'll see how this new Moon Godlike does there.

Edited by LastSoloer
  • Like 1

Cleared  Raedric's Hold as easy as I did with my bugged Fire GOdlike Druid.

CONFIRMED, IT WAS NOT THE BUG, THIS CLASS WORK.

The caps may be seen as an overreaction, but its not, its good news lads, good news. Soon I will go to the city and start the pew pew against the baz boyz. We'll see how this new Moon Godlike does there.

awesome. i got some questions about how you do it.

which spirit shift do you use?

could you list the spells you cast frequently?

and which spells did you use in the tutorial zone, before you have access to the inn?

share your starting stats, too?

and do you use stealth much? is that a key thing or not really?

Edited by curi

i'm going to try to get through the tutorial with priest some more.

does anyone know the math on what gear to use? 2h weapon? 2 weapons? shield? not too sure. buying brigandine generally makes enemies do minimum damage, so i wonder if killing them faster is the right way to go, or not. and if you use a shield, is accuracy (small shield) or deflection (medium) better? i will figure it out myself if needed, but if anyone already knows, let me know!

To curi:

Well most I already post several times but here I go. Just for you.

Bear. " BUt I like..." BEAR. " YEs but I think Stag can also be..." B-E-A-R

Gonna put it here but without HoT that are A MUST in almost every fight.. I will start with lvl 1 and 2 if you really want more I will add them later but since you seem like you really want just the early game for now here they come. So Lvl 1 and 2 I use not counting heals.

LVL 1 Skills :

• Sunbeam, op against shades and phantoms, really insane damage for a lvl 1 spell, aoe and it blinds! Also best one to pull
  • Talon's Reach: Normal dps skill I tend to use unless I face enemies that nead SunBeam. Good aoe radious and damage
  • Winter Wind if they are in a lane or I need to push them to gain some seconds to rehea​l ( tempo spell )

Lvl 2 Skills: 

• Autumn's Decay: Normal first skill I use to weak my enemies. 
  • Blizzard: Great AOE radious, like insane for lvl 2, good to pull against very strong enemies 
  • Burst Of Summer Flame : Good vs enemies that are weak to Fire, also good ender since its a FAST spell
  • Conjure Lesser Blight I have used it but meh, normally not worth it unless its your last spell and you need to clear more than u can clear...
  • FireBrand: Good vs enemies like trolls that have regen. It gives you extra dps vs big enemies on 1vs1 or 1vs2. Very good spell.
  • Taste of the Hunt: Without this Druid wouldnt be viable. DoT , average speed spell ( thats good) and HEALS. Amazing. Tends to miss tho

Level 3 skills ( just cause I already started):

• Infestation of Maggot's: Situational but if you have like a pack of enemies at low heal its handy
  • Purge of Toxins: pretty obvius, vs enemies with poison attack like  the Act II spiders  neard Dyrford  that can kill you within 2 ticks of a DoT 
  • Returning Storm: Good pretty much every single situation, to start vs a small pack of enemies and to clear. Its lvl 5 version is even better
  • Stag's Horn : Good 1vs1 vs big boys. 
  • Twin Stone's : very situational. Basicly when you want to end an enemy on the back and you have 2 or more enemies in front of you.

With Talon's Reach and Bear form you can kill anything on your path to the inn with np.

18 Mig + 1 Living Lands
18 Con
7 dex +1  godlike
9 Per
14 Int + 1 Godlike ( 30% area effect is worth it on Druid but not only that. 25% TO HoTs And DoT that means 25% more damage and heal on these spells)
9 Resolve

Yes, to pull basicly. Tho I dont skill it not necesary. I dont like to sneak, my druid is a man of honour

Also there is something you should've asked me! I do run 2h. Not important early on, since u basicly have to use whatever you can get but I lke it. And there is a talent that increasesthe 2h sword acc, I like that too. Plus hte sword Justice makes a good combo ( This word I got it basicly roleplaying. Im that lucky. I chose what I wanted to chose to develop my character and I got rewarded with the weapon I wanted with the stats I wanted) Yep Obsidian loves me. 

PD: Lets try not to quotee a lot, it kinda ruins the thread. Me included Im also new to this forum. 

Edited by LastSoloer

Im still doing my monk, im cautious about posting specifics because I now suspect 'they' are watching you would think that they wouldnt care about a small group of insane people trying to solo a game clearly balanced for teams XD, i mean in group play there is no way that the figurine is worth 6000 gold, but in solo its worth every penny i mean thats all im saving up for now :'(

Edited by Ceranai

LastSoloer, depending on what you need to do with your talents, I might recommend trying out the +20% burn damage utility spell, especially considering you're going with two-handers. Cast Firebrand and win against things that don't have burn DR?

LastSoloer, depending on what you need to do with your talents, I might recommend trying out the +20% burn damage utility spell, especially considering you're going with two-handers. Cast Firebrand and win against things that don't have burn DR?

Idk most of my most used spells are ice ( blizzard ) and lightning... You saying use Firebrand as a standart and build arround it? Not viable since most times I face more than 2 or even 3 enemies and Firebrand is too slow there.  I need AOE and start cleaning one by one and normally I prefer Taste of the hunt there. 

You gotta notice how many spells you need as a Druid. Spiritshift is also a spell. You wear medium or heavy armour so you are kinda slow between actions. And you need to stack HoTs...

I dont see it. Too specific. If it applied also to Fire Godlike Burn Damage and wildstrike we could have something big there, but as far as I know its just spells. And godlike fire is not viable atm due to DR bug. Well he is the most viable I just dont want to exploit that bug :D

But I could be wrong and maybe you can manage to do a Firebrand build. I think you would need Fire Godlike for that, due to his higher defense and damage when hit ( there its ok to be slow with your Sword, you are still doing damage to anyone stupid enough to hit you)

Edited by LastSoloer

if they are listening, can they buff priest at the start? it can't do the first zone well solo potd... give us bearform on priest plz... just until i get to town the first time.

still trying but this sucks. i killed all the regular caravan people and Heodan. but then i can't split odema from his 2 guards. the only way i know to split odema is like this:

go where the horses are, shoot the guy north of you. about 8 caravaners and heodan come. stand in choke point. kill all caravanners. use withdraw. heodan walks away.

now, if you go fight heodan in the right place, odema will come without his 2 guards. i got this to work with heodan almost dead. but then i died really fast when fighting 2 at once. i couldn't finish off heodan right away.

i will go try fighting the glanfathan again now, but it's hard, you get worn down over the 4 fights, you have limited hp and just 2 spells.

EDIT: this is coastal aunama that i'm trying right now with stats for +0 deflection, big might con dex, 3 int. so pretty good fighter but not the best. i'm not using fire godlike right now because of the bug, but it's definitely better at slaughtering the caravan with burn damage retaliation.

Edited by curi

lol cant solo priest whilst also trying to kill everyone, the extra exp you get from soloing the prologue is a drop in the ocean, like you lose something like 400 exp? by level 3 thats less than 10% of your exp, in fact you only lose 200 exp if you do it two person lol

Edited by Ceranai

Sorry, I'm dumb -- what's the fire godlike bug?

Fire Godlike racial skill is under 50% endurance, you get 4DR and you do fire damage to enemies that hit you. Well, each time you get under 50% endurance, you stack 4 DR permanently. Or if not permanetly, enough to make you godlike by lvl 8 :D I had to reroll, now my druid is Moon Godlike. Not as much swag as before, but 3 free casting heals per encounter are ok

does someone actually know a way to solo priest through the start? or are people just assuming it's easy because they can do other classes? i'm not trying to kill anyone i don't have to.

here are some of my notes on seeing how good a result you can get on the early fights:

wolves 2weap: 97/131 died 97/131 98/131   2h: 95, 93, 116

2glan: 2h: die die 72hp die die.

priest has bad stats and a pretty useless starting class ability. i can't figure out how learning the game better would make these fights go better. if anyone actually knows, tell me. if you don't know, don't flame me.

i know i could do better with fire godlike but i don't have the patch and it's bugged.

and i don't understand the suggestion to use a party member. the point isn't the xp, it's soloing... did some of you guys use the fighter to get through the tutorial and say you soloed?
Edited by curi

does someone actually know a way to solo priest through the start? or are people just assuming it's easy because they can do other classes? i'm not trying to kill anyone i don't have to.

here are some of my notes on seeing how good a result you can get on the early fights:

wolves 2weap: 97/131 died 97/131 98/131   2h: 95, 93, 116

2glan: 2h: die die 72hp die die.

priest has bad stats. i can't figure out how learning the game better would make these fights go better. if anyone actually knows, tell me. if you don't know, don't flame me.

i know i could do better with fire godlike but i don't have the patch and it's bugged.

and i don't understand the suggestion to use a party member. the point isn't the xp, it's soloing... did some of you guys use the fighter to get through the tutorial and say you soloed?

i doubt it is possible lol, priest lacks any damage early on so i just think it is unlikely it is at all possible. i usually kill the two companions but as far as the achievement is concerned solo means no companions after the prologue and that is what i was considering it, the only reason i kill my companions is to squeze out the extra exp

oh, i don't have the steam version so i didn't even see the achievement. ok then i will try it with companions in prolog i guess. 4 fights in a row or slaughtering the caravan is really hard without resting, but once i get past the prolog maybe priest can do better. i want to see.

oh, i don't have the steam version so i didn't even see the achievement. ok then i will try it with companions in prolog i guess. 4 fights in a row or slaughtering the caravan is really hard without resting, but once i get past the prolog maybe priest can do better. i want to see.

i mean i think its just impossible, also i like to keep the warrior until we have our chat by hte berries because that way my biography has the backstory :)

so i have to solo a priest on potd to level 11 before i can say whether or not they should make any changes to seals?

EDIT: look, if i actually get something wrong, you or someone else can point it out.

"Hey look at me, I abused an exploit. I could spam infinite seals. Or hey my character has 300 bugstacked DR, I beat the game easily. Please make it harder." - Neither of those grant you the right to speak on balance for the rest of us. You can report the exploit, but that would be about it since you got no experience in actually playing the game on PotD but rather on how to exploit your way through it without actually dealing with the content in a reasonable way.

• Like 1

Please ignore curi this is not his thread to do what he pleases with it. Neither is mine, along these 14 pages I always asked people to post their experiences. We are a comunity and we all want to find new games of beating the game.

But what curi is doing its just absurd right here. Just ignore him until he realizes what a forum is.

so i have to solo a priest on potd to level 11 before i can say whether or not they should make any changes to seals?

EDIT: look, if i actually get something wrong, you or someone else can point it out.

"Hey look at me, I abused an exploit. I could spam infinite seals. Or hey my character has 300 bugstacked DR, I beat the game easily. Please make it harder." - Neither of those grant you the right to speak on balance for the rest of us. You can report the exploit, but that would be about it since you got no experience in actually playing the game on PotD but rather on how to exploit your way through it without actually dealing with the content in a reasonable way.

why are you so angry and mean?

why are you so angry and mean?

I think he issue is the line we were talking about earlier, i consider all the things i do to be min maxing and i try to avoid things that I see as breaking the game