Soloing PoE : Sucess so far ( Hard Dificulty Expert Mode )

it should never hit you, but i thinking for long time encounter, were sometimes aoe speels hits you. than you want somethink with range for switching, what leeches your health back to top^^

most difficulty mob group will be stronghold, first room, 4-5 phantoms plus 2 shadows.

and the 20 spiders in next room, not much space for circling.

think you need to grap this +defence to run away talents, that you do not get killed when somethink gots you.

plus side, you can dump int totaly...without a AOE spell...

and later you get the port attack for wounds...which, when you are corned ports you t other side and give you back space or kitting.

Edited by Aqvamare

chanter has only +1 speed on buff, 

monk has +2 from talent...

and I'm not sure if speed buffs stack with each other....

there is so many which do not stack...

In past runs ive been able to kite most things pretty well, i guess I can see this strat beating most fights, the reason i suggest chanter over monk is because with chanter you can make use of summons as well, I mean with monk you will survive being hit more but this strat relies on never getting hit :p ( i assume you wear light armour to fire faster) This strat is very micro heavy though

You're going to have to reset when you fight instant hold spells. Also there are some fights in the game that have such a small space that you can't kite. Afaik this comes into play on side quests but if you wanna full clear the game then it's a problem. 

chanter has only +1 speed on buff, 

monk has +2 from talent...

and I'm not sure if speed buffs stack with each other....

there is so many which do not stack...

How are you finding priest? surely you are having to rest too often?

Anyone have success Solo Hard Expert with a wizard?

I've played 'Frontline Wizard' with a team trying to keep them away from the fight to judge the challenge. I'm around the middle of the game and everything fine for the moment (thanks a lot of reloads, RNGod and rangedSupport for hard/script battle). 

So now i wanna try the solo challenge with it. 

I'm looking for any tips, cause the challenge gonna be really really hard i think.

ps: spell & build

How do you handle huge mobs like the Xaurips in Cua Nua (or whatever it's called) in the blood room/pit - there are about 14 and skirmishers paralyze.... plus several priests etc.

I went through ACT 1 and Raedric's Hold and did fine overall. But now I'm meeting mobs that can stun/paralyze and there are easily 7-10 creatures - I try to lure away some but often they all start to chase me...... curious to hear people's strategies for handling mobs esp. when the melee monsters can daze/paralyze.

How do you handle huge mobs like the Xaurips in Cua Nua (or whatever it's called) in the blood room/pit - there are about 14 and skirmishers paralyze.... plus several priests etc.

I went through ACT 1 and Raedric's Hold and did fine overall. But now I'm meeting mobs that can stun/paralyze and there are easily 7-10 creatures - I try to lure away some but often they all start to chase me...... curious to hear people's strategies for handling mobs esp. when the melee monsters can daze/paralyze.

Phantom stuns attack Fortitude; I don't know offhand what defense the Skirmishers' paralyze effect attacks.  There's a lone skirmisher at the washed out bridge zone entrance that can stunlock you to death, if someone is close to that could they test?

Do you guys really keep playing? Cant wait for the inc patch or what? xD

Anyone have success Solo Hard Expert with a wizard?

I've played 'Frontline Wizard' with a team trying to keep them away from the fight to judge the challenge. I'm around the middle of the game and everything fine for the moment (thanks a lot of reloads, RNGod and rangedSupport for hard/script battle). 

So now i wanna try the solo challenge with it. 

I'm looking for any tips, cause the challenge gonna be really really hard i think.

ps: spell & build

Its my next class to try, I think on hard they shouldnt have problems at least out of the bosses areas. They can be pretty tanky with a decent build. I'll post here when I have more xp with them.

Edited by LastSoloer

My tank chanter has following stats:

20/18/3/14/3/19

race aumaua, with extra +20 defence against stun...

i run 83 fort defence at level 4, means paralyse immunity.

i tried less fort defence build, but the moment you get stuned or paralysed, the build dies.

skirmishers attack fort to, and i checked wizard stoneing spell, it attacks fort, too.

Edited by Aqvamare

You need to learn the power of slicken/chill ;)

I wish the would bring out the patch....at the moment solo run means 25% extra XP for quest, 5%*5....with new patch, it will be 50% extra XP....10%*5 for quest....which means the start and the getting to better level should realy speed up.

soooooo ive found a bit of cheese, you can kill compainions with no rep hit and no-one helps them, meaning you can get thier equipmentwithout having to recruit them thus still fulfilling the conditions or the solo achievement in steam :D

• Like 1

Do you guys really keep playing? Cant wait for the inc patch or what? xD

Its my next class to try, I think on hard they shouldnt have problems at least out of the bosses areas. They can be pretty tanky with a decent build. I'll post here when I have more xp with them.

Can't wait ya xD.

I use my beloved Slicken before the patch.

Ya, Wizard can be tanky after some level: weapon&shield, arcane/hardened veil, mirror imaged, infuse, martial power.

I've lower might to 10, but i think is a mistake, i can't handle too long fight.

I'm gonna try lowering per (i've dex for reflexe) and up might.

The most hard time for wiz, is the start/begining. Per rest spell is hard to handle, i use crafted scroll to resolve that problem.

Edited by Kakudou

the problem of wizard is, all his defensive spells are per rest...means he has so much downtimes.

a problem at the beginning of the game, after some lvl lower spell became per encounter.

And some nice buff spell are lower lvl.

And you can craft fun scroll and potion !

the problem of wizard is, all his defensive spells are per rest...means he has so much downtimes.

Downtime isn't supposed to be a problem in solo PoTD. You use downtime to cooldown your items and your class/watcher powers as well as figurines. It shouldn't be a consideration :)).

all in PotD

It shouldn't, and per rest means level 9...

do not forget, wizard is money heavy...if your really take over spells from other grimor.

And at the beginning, I like to spent my money on other stuff than resting.

My normal quest going in solo at start as chanter:

1.) prolog...completly solo (kill the warrior and do not rescue the rouge), with patch should this mean, level 2 before leaving first dungeon (useing the two rest items there).

+level up

2.) rescuing the cook, going first town

3.) grapping the quest there, make mill quest, kill the two possible companions for loot, rest

4.) make main quest tree dialog, 

+level up

5.) doing smith quest for shild +getting raedric quest

6.) going temple for life leech and helm and quest

+level up to 4 :)

7.) running watcher quest, at level 4 ... for this you need 2 rest items

8.) way to watcher, outtank phantoms in bottleneck, and kill them with own summon and flanking

9.) spider room, bottleneck in one of the last cells (running strait there), kill all spiders, mostly main tanks a small one, phantom kills over time the room

10.) watcher fight, kill his summons, than run out of view, watcher fight is umlimited fighting stance fight, so I cheese it

11.) my cheesed watcher fight, use summon, summon, summon, summon...3h later summon, to clear first level of endless dungon, and i mean all of first level :)

P.S. only if i want...question about my money...

12.)-----running strait forward to dyrford for items

13.) buy trollhide belt (+1 endurance regg per second) 800 money

buy exceptional or suberp weapon there (superb cost 12k money), which are level 8/12 enchantment

for this I need 8 rest items

tipps for getting 12k money at level 4, if you unlucked dryford village, do raedrics hold quest, go into over dungeon, than use priest way to go to raedric with less as possible fights.

start raedric fight by attacking  his guards, run out of sight corner (badroom)...fight is like old watcher or olyssa in dungeon unlimited fight....means you can summon, summon, summon all day...kill all 10 adds, kill raedric...plunder his hold for all items, +8k income

Edited by Aqvamare
  • Like 1

all in PotD

It shouldn't, and per rest means level 9...

do not forget, wizard is money heavy...if your really take over spells from other grimor.

And at the beginning, I like to spent my money on other stuff than resting.

My normal quest going in solo at start as chanter:

1.) prolog...completly solo (kill the warrior and do not rescue the rouge), with patch should this mean, level 2 before leaving first dungeon (useing the two rest items there).

+level up

2.) rescuing the cook, going first town

3.) grapping the quest there, make mill quest, kill the two possible companions for loot, rest

4.) make main quest tree dialog, 

+level up

5.) doing smith quest for shild +getting raedric quest

6.) going temple for life leech and helm and quest

+level up to 4 :)

7.) running watcher quest, at level 4 ... for this you need 2 rest items

8.) way to watcher, outtank phantoms in bottleneck, and kill them with own summon and flanking

9.) spider room, bottleneck in one of the last cells (running strait there), kill all spiders, mostly main tanks a small one, phantom kills over time the room

10.) watcher fight, kill his summons, than run out of view, watcher fight is umlimited fighting stance fight, so I cheese it

11.) my cheesed watcher fight, use summon, summon, summon, summon...3h later summon, to clear first level of endless dungon, and i mean all of first level :)

P.S. only if i want...question about my money...

12.)-----running strait forward to dyrford for items

13.) buy trollhide belt (+1 endurance regg per second) 800 money

buy exceptional or suberp weapon there (superb cost 12k money), which are level 8/12 enchantment

for this I need 8 rest items

tipps for getting 12k money at level 4, if you unlucked dryford village, do raedrics hold quest, go into over dungeon, than use priest way to go to raedric with less as possible fights.

start raedric fight by attacking  his guards, run out of sight corner (badroom)...fight is like old watcher or olyssa in dungeon unlimited fight....means you can summon, summon, summon all day...kill all 10 adds, kill raedric...plunder his hold for all items, +8k income

When do you kill the warrior in the prologue?

Also, can you explain exactly what you're taking advantage of by having these everlasting fights and running around corners?  I don't know what you're leveraging here.

The warrior, i kill her directly after starting dialog, go into a dark corner, ckick attack button, use it on her, wait unitl she is death.

unlimited means, boss fights like old watcher, raedric, osylla...etc...are designed, that they do not reset, when oyu run far away. you stay in fight until one side is death.

normally it is a disadvantage, but for a chanter, with unlimited summon spell, it means, start fight...run away, until enemies do not follow you (+ speed buff needed) and when you are save, start summon your summon, and use it like a cruised missle...let him hit 1-2 times before it goes down, rince and repeat...because it is unlimited fight....trash mobs do not regg there life, either...

so you can fight until end of day and clear a map.

• Like 1

btw if anyone wants to take this chat to steam my addy is ceranai there too. Had a really helpful chat with mipsy, dude knows what he's talking about. im now running 10, 10,18, 18, 5, 15 monk. Most useful tip is always use the figurine you get in the smiths, it makes hard fights so much easier