Soloing PoE : Sucess so far ( Hard Dificulty Expert Mode )

weapon over unarmed, simply, you find weapons which life leech, which adds to your skill attacks, too.

if shild or not, I'm still trying it with monk, if you can add up enough dual or single hand weapon damage with lifeleech to damage tank in PotD...than you do not need shild plus talent...

the problem of strong shild are -8 accuracy rating, which reduce your outgoing damage.

thanks to +2 speed passiv in combat to outrun and split enemies...

but if damage leech is not enough, you have to go total tank build, too. with life leech weapon.

Edited by Aqvamare

weapon over unarmed, simply, you find weapons which life leech, which adds to your skill attacks, too.

if shild or not, I'm still trying it with monk, if you can add up enough dual or single hand weapon damage with lifeleech to damage tank in PotD...than you do not need shild plus talent...

the problem of strong shild are -8 accuracy rating, which reduce your outgoing damage.

thanks to +2 speed passiv in combat to outrun and split enemies...

but if damage leech is not enough, you have to go total tank build, too. with life leech weapon.

But I dont have access to life leach levels until i kill that massive spider or clear that room int he temple, both of which are insanely difficult fights, i mean i agree once i have lifesteal it would only make sense  :/

Temple room is easy, you need mechanik 5 or the key to enter the room.

First unit is shadow, 1v1 no problem.

Now you go stealth, when you check the fountain room, you see at bottom a phantom, the enemy you want to avoid.

In top there are slimes, if you stealth alongside top wall, you can fight the top slime without adding the phantom.

Kill it, stealth further alongside the top, kill more slimes.

if you do it this way, you can skip the phantom there.

Alternative, with cold resit mantle, pull everythink, run away, phantom has bigger aggro range than slimes,so you can split it from rest of room, kill phantom 1v1. rest of room is easy.

In temple you can get life leech weapon with killing only 10 mobs.

Edited by Aqvamare

Temple room is easy, you need mechanik 5 or the key to enter the room.

First unit is shadow, 1v1 no problem.

Now you go stealth, when you check the fountain room, you see at bottom a phantom, the enemy you want to avoid.

In top there are slimes, if you stealth alongside top wall, you can fight the top slime without adding the phantom.

Kill it, stealth further alongside the top, kill more slimes.

if you do it this way, you can skip the phantom there.

Alternative, with cold resit mantle, pull everythink, run away, phantom has bigger aggro range than slimes,so you can split it from rest of room, kill phantom 1v1. rest of room is easy.

In temple you can get life leech weapon with killing only 10 mobs.

do you know if the 10% shock damage on lighting strikes is bugged? Ive now tried it with two seperate save games and nowhere in the combat log does it say im doing any shock damage at all

it is not bugged, But it is on a seperate combat role if its added....and this combat role is only showed, if it is a sucess. samge goes for burn damage for wounds passiv.

And if it is a sucess, the damage is not a sperated line, it is added to the normal damage number as +x dmg.

in fight it means:

1.) Accuarcy against deflection role, to check bonus or mali on attack.

2.) Attack role with bonus or mali to check if it miss, gaze, hit or crit.

3.) Damage reducation calculation

4.) Role of bonus damage, accuracy against defensive bonus against this damage (reflex for shock, deflection for burn, fort for paralyst // stun, fort for poision)

5.) Check if bonus damage is miss, gaze (half duration), hit (normal), crit (bonus damage)

6.) Damage reducation calculation (by hit alway minimum damage)

7.) writing of the damage line in combat log, only showing following information [ 1.+ 2. +3. + 6. ]

Edited by Aqvamare

it is not bugged, But it is on a seperate combat role if its added....and this combat role is only showed, if it is a sucess. samge goes for burn damage for wounds passiv.

And if it is a sucess, the damage is not a sperated line, it is added to the normal damage number as +x dmg.

in fight it means:

1.) Accuarcy against deflection role, to check bonus or mali on attack.

2.) Attack role with bonus or mali to check if it miss, gaze, hit or crit.

3.) Damage reducation calculation

4.) Role of bonus damage, accuracy against defensive bonus against this damage (reflex for shock, deflection for burn, fort for paralyst // stun, fort for poision)

5.) Check if bonus damage is miss, gaze (half duration), hit (normal), crit (bonus damage)

6.) Damage reducation calculation (by hit alway minimum damage)

7.) writing of the damage line in combat log, only showing following information [ 1.+ 2. +3. + 6. ]

So even if it is working it wont show up as shock in my log? Because in about 10 pages worth of autoattacks i dont see the word shock once, its good to know that it does work and i didnt waste a point on it, its confusing coz my attacks are all labelled as crush damage so its very missleading if  12 crush damage actually equals 10 crush and 2 shock damage. Furthermore do you know exactly how wounds work, i know you get one every 10/8 damage you take but the desciption implies they mitigate some damage, does this mean that instead of taking the full dmg you take 8 dmg and one wound or 6 dmg and one wound? if so it would give lesser wounds the hidden effect of 5% damage reduction

Shock is 10% of your damage done, that means, 10 crush = 1 shock, before SR. After SR it could be so low, that game do not show it seperatly. Burn has already the problem to be low number. Besten check shock with two hander weapon with higher damage numbers, if it showed there.

At the moment I think, shock and burn are worthless talents in PotD, SR to high and deflection to high, to get good attack rolls. But tonight I will do extrem testing of monk with console commands after i got life leech weapon.

You get a wound for 10/8 damage taken in a short timeframe. If you do not get enough damage in this timefrime, no wound. 

Original, a wound should transform a part of the damage taken into a DOT on you, which you can burn away with your skills. Unlucky, at the moment this feature do not work.

And if you think right, this feature is the reason why monk has no self heal passiv, because with working wound mechanik, he could pre heal damage over the wound feature.

I hope they fix it. only reason why I think monk can be strong is thanks to his skills, when life leech works on his skills. than you can avoid auto attack damage and perma burn wounds into bigger numbers.

one of the think I will test today, if bash shild attack from blacksmith quest adds to monk AOE attack (Full attack means normally, both weapons at the same time).

I think I can write more about this tomorrow.

Shock is 10% of your damage done, that means, 10 crush = 1 shock, before SR. After SR it could be so low, that game do not show it seperatly. Burn has already the problem to be low number. Besten check shock with two hander weapon with higher damage numbers, if it showed there.

At the moment I think, shock and burn are worthless talents in PotD, SR to high and deflection to high, to get good attack rolls. But tonight I will do extrem testing of monk with console commands after i got life leech weapon.

You get a wound for 10/8 damage taken in a short timeframe. If you do not get enough damage in this timefrime, no wound. 

Original, a wound should transform a part of the damage taken into a DOT on you, which you can burn away with your skills. Unlucky, at the moment this feature do not work.

And if you think right, this feature is the reason why monk has no self heal passiv, because with working wound mechanik, he could pre heal damage over the wound feature.

I hope they fix it. only reason why I think monk can be strong is thanks to his skills, when life leech works on his skills. than you can avoid auto attack damage and perma burn wounds into bigger numbers.

one of the think I will test today, if bash shild attack from blacksmith quest adds to monk AOE attack (Full attack means normally, both weapons at the same time).

it really does seem quite weak using a build that relies on swift strikes and the +shock and +fire damage as opposed to a build that gets its dps from torments reach, plus a build that relies on toments reach is limited by wounds so you can tank your dexterity quite safely, i mean i guess if i have loads of wounds then it will be slower to unload them but then it might be a better idea to take a different skill over lesser wounds, most fights im spamming toments reach anyway

the good think is, you get better wound burner, on level 3, you can choose 2 wounds into knock back strike, on level 9?, you can choose dash through enemies with aoe damage for 3 wounds.

hit or fail for monk is, if this attacks trigger life leech or not. if it triggers, I can really belief, that the dash can become totaly OP lategame.

i will test it today evening.

the good think is, you get better wound burner, on level 3, you can choose 2 wounds into knock back strike, on level 9?, you can choose dash through enemies with aoe damage for 3 wounds.

hit or fail for monk is, if this attacks trigger life leech or not. if it triggers, I can really belief, that the dash can become totaly OP lategame.

do you think decterity is needed at all if im relying on my wound fueled abilities to do dps?

So even if it is working it wont show up as shock in my log?

Correct. But it is there. If you mouseover the damage profile, it will break down all of the specifics of the attack. Your accuracy + your roll vs the opponent's defense, and it will show exactly how much damage you did from all possible sources. Equip someone with Durance's default staff which has a +25% fire damage bonus, and hit anything with it. You'll see X in crush damage and Y in fire damage in the detailed tooltip.

Having now played around some more I think that lesser wounds is entirely unneeded on PoTD solo and I think it would be better using that point getting will so i spend less of my time stunlocked, i mean on any fight that is hard i always have more wounds than i need

Edited by Ceranai

so, checked it, shild bash do not count to weapon damage. unlucky.

but monk gets on level 12 21-26 damage fist...unlucky, without lifeleech, so there first level  skill should do 42+52 dmg + xx% schmetter damage as dualwild attack.

the dash is a instant port, when enemy is out of reach, and if not, a good escape.

over the hand, i think barb should be easier in solo PotM, lesser early game damage and late game, but a talent with 3 heals per rest, to compare no heal on monk...only survival talents, which barb can take to is normal heal talent. and he has better accury thanks to attack on deflection or fort defence, which is lower. and he has better escape, earlier with wild charge.

the problem is still for all classes, shild or no shild...

Im considering of picking Cautious attack... Speed slow may be a problem to clean unemies, any opinions about this talent?

Gonna try it the alternatives arent big deal, 10 deflection may help. Wil ltry to boost AS later on

Edited by LastSoloer

I thought I read in a separate monk thread that the +shock damage is bugged to only deliver 1% of damage instead of 10%.  Any idea if that's true?

do you think decterity is needed at all if im relying on my wound fueled abilities to do dps?

The dexterity "tooltip" at character creation only says that it gives %attack speed and some amount of Reflex which, according to Reflex tooltip, is for dodging AoE damage.  If you're not relying on autoattack to do damage it looks like that's the dump stat if you're trying to get damage from abilities.

I don't see an edit button on my previous post so I guess I'll post here again.  On my non-ironman moon monk PotD+Expert (test run so I don't have to keep starting), I was able to kill the wolves in Valewood in the Ruins and found a +5 Deflection cape in a hidden spot underneath one of the archways.  Is this also level-based loot or unique?  Maybe someone with a higher level character could check?  Is +5 deflection that slot of any particular use to anyone?

So, startet in the starting area, open command window, activated "iroll20s" cheat mode, and "AddExperienceToLevel 12"

I uses for all classes Avatar Race, with 20/17/10/10/10/11 as stat. I gave all Shild plus sword. (or weapon if they got special bonus in class)

On talents i had always same focus, defence, shild plus sword, +defelection, +deflection modus (not as fighter because of better use of defener status, do not stack with attacking stat), if speedbuff was possible, i used class version, if not support.

than i checked all classes for defence stats and bonus.

result, my new favorite as tanky class....

1.) Priest, only class which could reach selfbuffed with starting gear, without enchants, over 110 deflection, crazy spells like +6int, +20 pet ----> +20 pet, more wil defence, more deflection, longer cast duration.

has perma ground effect, which heals.

could reach as only class over 70+ accurcy with shild

has AOE damage spells.

has heals which work on him in emergency cases...

has in every level buffs, which stack which each other....he can become simply a overbuffed juggernaut....

all his buff have basic 30s duration, by 10int...he could themself buff with more int duration....but now image higher int at start....

not only his deflection was over 110+...his other def stats were nearly as 80+ at level 12, too....no other class got close to this.

And the strongest, break spell ingame, http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Withdraw ,    it doesn't reset  a fight, but it heals you completly full...as level 1 spell, only for this, i would take bonus +1 cast per day....it allows you 5 times per rest to restart a fight....and at level 9...it becomes 5 time per fight

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this class need a nerf...

2.) Druid...not so strong as priest, but better damage spells...and summon.

3.) Cipher, would be good, if his heal would work on him, too...

4.) Monk lacks heal...absolutly, and his fist damage is nice and strong, but he has no life leech with it...and weapons drop his damage extrem.

5.) barbarian, good damage under 50%, 3 good heals per rest...high endurance...

6.) fighter overall best melle standart class with defence, has highest minimum damage with good accurcy

7.) Chanter, has second highest defence stats after priest, but less endurance...his heal is weak, but he has a good damage aura and as only class unlimit summons or damage spells. his chat give him flexibility, but they lack boom...but dragon damage aura is fine, 100dmg in 12s

8.)wizard, underwhelming...perhabs heaviest skill based.

9.)paladin, good defence, but not really active abities

10.)ranger...sword and shild do not work really with ranger...

Edited by Aqvamare

The only problem I had with the priest is that he seems seriously gimped in the lower levels (1-2 at the very least).  Also, you might consider checking the priest's accuracy with a summon out.  I read somewhere that priests give an accuracy bonus to party members but not themselves UNLESS there are no non-knocked out party members available for the buff (in which case the accuracy buff works on the priest).

Good news from the Codex:

So about loot being seeded. I found it in the code and it still allows save scamming. Their seed formula is this:

Code:
UnityEngine.Random.seed = (((int) (base.transform.position.x + base.transform.position.z)) * GameState.s_playerCharacter.name.GetHashCode()) + WorldTime.Instance.CurrentDay;

For people who don't understand what it means, it means the loot is generated when you open a container using this formula: Container's position * Player's name + Days you've been playing.

So if you want to save scum a chest, just rest for a day (or advance time by a day by any other means like traveling) and then open it again - you'll have different loot.

Plus when they said that they "seeded the loot", I thought they just hardcoded in a value and that value is used for everyone, so everyone would get the same loot in the same place. Instead, nope, it'll be different for everyone. Yet another disappointment. But what's even more disappointing is that they didn't deal with save scamming... ffs...

Priest get 1 more talent for accurcy bonus with there weapon...for every god...i know how to get level 3 in solo PotD...and i can get lifeleech flair and blacksmith shild very easily^^

and this level 1 spell....per cast full heal...level 2 you get perma heal ground...

i will start now game with priest.

omgh, checked it, if you start with skaen, you get accurcy bonus talent on two weapons, which are in the same weapon group for normal talent....and a baby version of rouge sneak attack...and priest can add debuff for sneak attack over his spells...crazy damage boost...

Edited by Aqvamare

Priest get 1 more talent for accurcy bonus with there weapon...for every god...i know how to get level 3 in solo PotD...and i can get lifeleech flair and blacksmith shild very easily^^

and this level 1 spell....per cast full heal...level 2 you get perma heal ground...

i will start now game with priest.

omgh, checked it, if you start with skaen, you get accurcy bonus talent on two weapons, which are in the same weapon group for normal talent....and a baby version of rouge sneak attack...and priest can add debuff for sneak attack over his spells...crazy damage boost...

I knew about the baby sneak attack, but I didn't know it applied to spells!  Also, aren't Skaen weapon proficiencies stiletto and flails?  Are you thinking of going Gaun's Flail (the Draining one) and the dagger from Spider boss in Caed Nua?

ok, start know a run as priest, stats are:

20/10/3/8/19/18

as Avatar :)

the - bonus on reflex, i can get it back over shild use....might, more dam plus selfheal....int, longer duration of buffs....last stat for conentration, because my spells will need weeks to be cast^^

Avatar class for higher stun defence.

skaen is stilleto plus mace...

no, it do not work on spells, but it works on autoattack, and in the moment enemy is blinded...etc....and priest can debuff the enemies.

do not forget, in my testrun, my priest got highest base accurcy of all classes ingame...

Edited by Aqvamare

ok, start know a run as priest, stats are:

20/10/3/8/19/18

as Avatar :)

the - bonus on reflex, i can get it back over shild use....might, more dam plus selfheal....int, longer duration of buffs....last stat for conentration, because my spells will need weeks to be cast^^

Avatar class for higher stun defence.

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-179-patch-notes-103/

"Raised the bonus for having fewer than six party members from 5% per character under the limit to 10% per character under the limit."

"Rebalanced fight difficulty and spell selection for the Old Watcher."

"Set Transcendent Suffering to not be combat only." (this might mean you get to keep wounds between battles!)

ok, startet it, not sure about might versus health...20/10 or 12/18...more health give higher staying power....might is 30% more damage on spell and heal...

patchnotes mean only, that oyu level as solo class faster..thin you can now reach level 5 before stronghold main quest...at the moment you reach it at level 4 with 800xp to level 5 left.

this will boost many classes against the starting phantom group there.

• Like 1