Soloing PoE : Sucess so far ( Hard Dificulty Expert Mode )

the problem is selfheal for staying power, there is a belt which gives +3 endurance every 3s...which is good, and in raedrics hold you can get gloves, which gives you 3 times heal per rest.

in utility, there is heal, too...but unlucky, only per rest, too.

and you need this selfheal, for kiting, even in the best solo run, there comes a moment you should run...

monk is ok, because he gets +2 movement speed buff.

but i'm not sure about the burn aoe, tried it, even with 10 wound stacks...i only got at the start +3 burn damage...

i think at level 3 the knock back skill is better, to get something to smash you wounds into damage.

but the most annoying thing from monk is the perma clicking to activate his skills...really, they should add a keybinding feature for skils.

like a hotbar 1-4...skill 1-4

Edited by Aqvamare

the problem is selfheal for staying power, there is a belt which gives +3 endurance every 3s...which is good, and in raedrics hold you can get gloves, which gives you 3 times heal per rest.

and you need this selfheal, for kiting, even in the best solo run, there comes a moment you should run...

but i'm not sure about the burn aoe, tried it, even with 10 wound stacks...i only got at the start +3 burn damage...

i think at level 3 the knock back skill is better, to gte something to smash you wounds into damage.

but the most annoying thing from monk is the perma clicking to activate his skills...really, they should add a keybinding feature for skils.

They copied that from Diablo III ahahah lol

GOnna go druid again this time with Moon Godlike.

i think at level 3 the knock back skill is better, to gte something to smash you wounds into damage.

They copied that from Diablo III ahahah lol

GOnna go druid again this time with Moon Godlike.

fair play keep us updated. Im having a lot of trouble soloing the temple at the start, granted im playing PoTD but still :(

i think, if you want to play melee class, barbarian can really shine in PotD.

he gets class talent, which can be used 3 times per rest, which heals really big amount, at level 3 (level 3 means, you get it in first town).

he can burst his damage at 50% endurance for 100%, and is bloodlust damage is from the start RAW damage. stat and build wise he is exactly the same like monk.

and waepon wise, even monk needs to take a life leech weapon at some point in the game.

i think at level 3 the knock back skill is better, to get something to smash you wounds into damage.

where is this belt pleaaaaase i need it

For temple in PotD, you need 1 speedbuff, to seperate mob groups through outrunning and mechanic level 5 is helpfull, too.

in the inn, when you enter village map with level 2, you get cold damage to life leech mantle (cloak) in the second floor. 2-3 mechanic needed.

if you do not get it, I advise restart...in the worst case it never drops in temple, too. i had to give up one PotD run at stronghold mainquest, because this item was missing...when i already soloed raederic :(

shadows and phantoms do high cold damage. with this item, they become even in PotD "easy".

the best item in temple is the life leech flair, and if you are non godlike, the helm.

but the helm is heavy protected...the kings (2) are the strongest mob inside of temple....

Edited by Aqvamare

For temple in PotD, you need 1 speedbuff, to seperate mob groups through outrunning and mechanic level 5 is helpfull, too.

in the inn, when you enter village map with level 2, you get cold damage to life leech mantle (cloak) in the second floor. 2-3 mechanic needed.

if you do not get it, I advise restart...in the worst case it never drops in temple, too. i had to give up one PotD run at stronghold mainquest, because this item was missing...when i already soloed raederic :(

shadows and phantoms do high cold damage. with this item, they become even in PotD "easy".

the best item in temple is the life leech flair, and if you are non godlike, the helm.

but the helm is heavy protected...the kings (2) are the strongest mob inside of temple....

THe problem isnt the temple, the temple is "EASY" over all. But ye that items helps a lot i can agree on that.

Edited by LastSoloer

I started a game with rogue and I dont see him decent... At least not on hard. He has no mechanims to  pull efficiently and no aoe.

Im gonna try Wizard with a dwarf.... YES! BOnus to might and constitution OP. Lets see if I manage to do something decent. 

Dude you gotta try monk, the wound mechanic seems designed for solo play lol :p

Yeah I really thought about it but I will try wizard first. Monk cant heal himself anyway right? I will consider it ty. I will eventually level one dont worry haha

Are you guys serious on playing PotD? Like without the exploits how can that difficulty be soleable?

Thanks, i did not get that but surely that only helps on mobs that do cold damage???

Yes im playing PotD trial of iron because im just that sadistic lol. 

Also to clarify the only expoit i am using is pulling mobs seperately where possible, aside from that i live in corners pretty much all the time, my most dangerous fights are outside

Edited by Ceranai

phantoms and kings are your biggest enemy inside of temple.

phantoms because of the possibiity of stun lock...they punish missskilling in Fot defence. with the cloak you actually survive them long enough that you can kill them slowly when a "window" in stun lock opens.

kings because they simply have high health, strong hit rating and crits for circa 30dmg. they can be really annoying. exspecially if you want the helm were actually two of this monster are waiting. 

it works like phantoms, range pull, than running and splitting, until you have them single, than killing.

Edited by Aqvamare

I wont say I didnt try to pull enemies but I never waited to pull just one and really didnt need to, even on early stages I always tried to fight enemies on a single pull.

Thats why I think if you cant fight several enemies on the early levels you may not be able to clear most stages later on

I did test wizard, its so hard to keep alive at the start. I went bravely in the beer cave at the start and well, there was 3 bears and i got totally killed in there, lived maybe 5 seconds lol. Yeah this was with PotD, trial of iron and expert mode on. I think i really should do one easier play trough with hardest so i know how many enemies i face. 

It's hard work to figure out what class is the best for soloing purposes and takes a lot of work. Only way i can imagine finding out fast is to cheat to level 12 and then got to the endless dungeon and see how far i can clear with each of the characters at solo and with PotD. Because in the end the class that shines at max level is the one that can kill the last boss anyway to complete the game. I'm really not sure can any character do it with solo. So far i been hoping that someone finished with PotD and tells what character he/she done it :D

You're going to need to single pull enemies on PoTD. If you think the phantoms aren't going to be a problem without that cape you're going to get wrecked. In the opening of the main castle in Caed Nua (Indoors) on PoTD you're going to fight around 5 phantoms and 2 shadows in a single pull. The tightest spot allows you to fight two of them at the same time. Seriously guys everyone I've seen talking about the solo runs needs to abuse mechanics more. Use the figurines, get items with cooldowns per rest. The only way to beat solo games on hardest difficulty is cheesing it as hard as you can. I've gotten pretty far in the game (level 8 at the moment). And I've put in about 60 hours. I'm pretty sure I've died over 500 times now.

Well im back to the solo Quest... A lot of time wasted thanks to the subrace of my avatar. 

Start will be much easier... IM lvl 3 and I already killed Bear of the Doom. Promising. Stats? 18 18 8 9 5 9. 1 point more on might and 1 less on Con than before. 

Lets see how it goes? hype hype

Edited by LastSoloer

Well im back to the solo Quest... A lot of time wasted thanks to the subrace of my avatar. 

Start will be much easier... IM lvl 3 and I already killed Bear of the Doom. Promising. Stats? 18 18 8 9 5 9. 1 point more on might and 1 less on Con than before. 

Class?

I killed Bear of Doom on lvl2 with priest, barely didn't make it on lvl2 with sorc. Real close though.

Class?

I killed Bear of Doom on lvl2 with priest, barely didn't make it on lvl2 with sorc. Real close though.

On lvl 2 on hard? I guess priest has better end but still seems a good mark, it 2 shots me at lvl 2

Im druid. Always. Forever Druid

On hard  it comes with one little bear, I cannot charm it because they stuck together.. With 3 I maybe could charm 2 of them and use the time to blizzard. I dont think it would be a problem anyway. 

I miss my fire damage when getting hit it really helped early on

I started a game with rogue and I dont see him decent... At least not on hard. He has no mechanims to  pull efficiently and no aoe.

Im gonna try Wizard with a dwarf.... YES! BOnus to might and constitution OP. Lets see if I manage to do something decent. 

Dude you gotta try monk, the wound mechanic seems designed for solo play lol :p

Yeah I really thought about it but I will try wizard first. Monk cant heal himself anyway right? I will consider it ty. I will eventually level one dont worry haha

Are you guys serious on playing PotD? Like without the exploits how can that difficulty be soleable?

Thanks, i did not get that but surely that only helps on mobs that do cold damage???

Yes im playing PotD trial of iron because im just that sadistic lol. 

Also to clarify the only expoit i am using is pulling mobs seperately where possible, aside from that i live in corners pretty much all the time, my most dangerous fights are outside

Sounds like you're taking on mobs you don't need to in the temple.  When you enter you should be able to stealth into the room with the spiders and hug the SW wall, pass around the corner and into the little "dining hall" with 1-2 of the little pink piggy monsters (you probably have to kill at least one, maybe both although the 2nd isn't always there for some reason).  Once downstairs you HAVE to kill the shadow in the first hallway, proceed thru SE door.  You can stealth past BOTH of these shadows depending on how the 2nd one is patrolling (stealth 3, so far the 2nd one always starts at the end of the hall but he may have patrolled down the hall when you come back!).  You need 3 mechanics + sleep in the room at the inn that gives +1 mech +1 perception (Laborer's Rest, I think) and however many lockpicks that takes (you should have plenty).  After this I think you fight one more shadow MANDATORY (with my fire GL monk w/ horn, mail armor, minor prot. cape, ale, duc's beefloaf buffs) before you get down to the reflecting pool.  Quickly sneak to the NE stairwell (in the next room there are kings and one little guy, you don't need to fight them, but you will use this corner against the slimes) and "yellow aggro" the slime to come closer.  Drop stealth in aggro range and then run into corner, get whatever other buffs you brought (there are multiple ales and beers in the crate outside Ingroed's house, I think), and summon the animat if you have him (hopefully you do, b/c shadows are bitchy).  I've seen this pull go 3 ways: you only get slimes (win), you get slimes and a shadow (manageable maybe), you get slimes and phantom and maybe shadow (you're going to get stunlocked :((().  After this is dead priest room EZPZ.

You're going to need to single pull enemies on PoTD. If you think the phantoms aren't going to be a problem without that cape you're going to get wrecked. In the opening of the main castle in Caed Nua (Indoors) on PoTD you're going to fight around 5 phantoms and 2 shadows in a single pull. The tightest spot allows you to fight two of them at the same time. Seriously guys everyone I've seen talking about the solo runs needs to abuse mechanics more. Use the figurines, get items with cooldowns per rest. The only way to beat solo games on hardest difficulty is cheesing it as hard as you can. I've gotten pretty far in the game (level 8 at the moment). And I've put in about 60 hours. I'm pretty sure I've died over 500 times now.

I think you can sneak past some packs in Caed Nua.  I've decided to do a PotD Solo run just to gauge difficulty without Iron-manning it since I've restarted the game probably close to 20 times now with various classes because of unfortunate deaths.

Regarding the chest on the 2nd floor of the Black Hound: I've not seen that freeze capeeven once.  I've seen mostly Rings of Deflection, 2 Disengage capes (the sell for something like 100-200c so it isn't a total loss, but it's pretty bad comparatively), and one Poison/Disease effecting amulet (worthless in early game that I've seen).  I'm always level 2 when I loot that thingie.

Edited by Ninjerk

You cannot sneak entrace room of stronggold with 5 phantoms and shadows...the 1 phantom in PotD are directly placed in front of exit.

i tried it, used summon through item to skip them, than used the room rightside to get out of combat...

got quest dialog (you only get him out of combat)...and was deathlocked....

i couldn't rest inside of this map...(stronghold counts as Inn...) and no way out.

if i added only 1 phantom, i got perma stunned.

to the items in Inn chest...

my experience is, the items in chest are linked to level you enter town.

if you enter town as level 1: ring of deflection

if you enter town as level 2: cloak

if you enter town as level 1 and level inside of town to level 2: ring or defensive

if you enter town as level 2 and level up to level 3: amulet with +2 stat.

the problem is, this items behavior do you have in temple, for the two random chest there, too.

so if you open them with wrong level, it is possible to miss cloak totally...

and cloak is to good long term option...there are always nasty frost damage spell caster were you need the extra DR plus life leech.

in PotD many is about gear in longterm.

i was thinking the poision/disease amu is 100% save drop in map to raedrics hold...but it could be level 4 drop for rand...but you get it always in the other map indepedent from level.

(i only want to add, that hardest boss ingame uses frost damage)

Edited by Aqvamare

You cannot sneak entrace room of stronggold with 5 phantoms and shadows...the 1 phantom in PotD are directly placed in front of exit.

i tried it, used summon through item to skip them, than used the room rightside to get out of combat...

got quest dialog (you only get him out of combat)...and was deathlocked....

i couldn't rest inside of this map...(stronghold counts as Inn...) and no way out.

if i added only 1 phantom, i got perma stunned.

to the items in Inn chest...

my experience is, the items in chest are linked to level you enter town.

if you enter town as level 1: ring of deflection

if you enter town as level 2: cloak

if you enter town as level 1 and level inside of town to level 2: ring or defensive

if you enter town as level 2 and level up to level 3: amulet with +2 stat.

the problem is, this items behavior do you have in temple, for the two random chest there, too.

so if you open them with wrong level, it is possible to miss cloak totally...

and cloak is to good long term option...there are always nasty frost damage spell caster were you need the extra DR plus life leech.

in PotD many is about gear in longterm.

i was thinking the poision/disease amu is 100% save drop in map to raedrics hold...but it could be level 4 drop for rand...but you get it always in the other map indepedent from level.

(i only want to add, that hardest boss ingame uses frost damage)

I was talking about stealthing past shadows in the Eothas temple, not the stronghold.  I haven't even begun to figure out how to beat the stronghold quest.

Can you go back to the starting area?  I wonder if I hadn't noticed the level-based loot because I started trying to maximize XP gain in the starting area...

i noticed the level based random loot in chest because i restaret really often the start of game in PotD...

and when you have 30+ restarts, because of defence stats checking, you get a Idea of similar thinks, or you belief of similarity.

and than you try to check it by restarting only on to check it.

and in my 3 restarts to get cloak, i always got him when i entered town with level 2.

if i entered town as level 1 and open...got always the ring.

level 1 in town plus level up, other ring.

stronghold phantoms are doable... the room in right corner allows only 1 phantom to attack you...with life leech mantle and fire god...you simply have to wait how they kill themself as tank.

alternative, you need Fot defence around 55-60, to win against stun bonus of the phantoms. than you can simply down zerg them in the corner.

the problem I have with this min maxing of defence stats, high fort stat early means, low ref or will stat...

and will stat do you need later against the stone spells...or you die like enddungeon dragon against stoning...who has "low" will defence and can get perma sicken and stoned...and if you are stoned, -40 deflection and you get perma crittet.

stun of phantoms work against for defence, and give -40 deflection...what is similar like perma crittet in stun lock.

ref defensive is the one you can lower at gamestart at most, because you can get it over sword and shild talent,

end game shild have:

20+8 (enchant) +6 (talent) = 34 deflection --> which is same value in ref defensive...so it is stat wise the area were you can bump most points in PotD. 

Edited by Aqvamare

i noticed the level based random loot in chest because i restaret really often the start of game in PotD...

and when you have 30+ restarts, because of defence stats checking, you get a Idea of similar thinks, or you belief of similarity.

and than you try to check it by restarting only on to check it.

and in my 3 restarts to get cloak, i always got him when i entered town with level 2.

if i entered town as level 1 and open...got always the ring.

level 1 in town plus level up, other ring.

stronghold phantoms are doable... the room in right corner allows only 1 phantom to attack you...with life leech mantle and fire god...you simply have to wait how they kill themself as tank.

alternative, you need Fot defence around 55-60, to win against stun bonus of the phantoms. than you can simply down zerg them in the corner.

the problem I have with this min maxing of defence stats, high fort stat early means, low ref or will stat...

and will stat do you need later against the stone spells...or you die like enddungeon dragon against stoning...who has "low" will defence and can get perma sicken and stoned...and if you are stoned, -40 deflection and you get perma crittet.

stun of phantoms work against for defence, and give -40 deflection...what is similar like perma crittet in stun lock.

ref defensive is the one you can lower at gamestart at most, because you can get it over sword and shild talent,

end game shild have:

20+8 (enchant) +6 (talent) = 34 deflection --> which is same value in ref defensive...so it is stat wise the area were you an bump most points in PotD. 

Im not entirely convinced about the cloak in terms of its usefulness but im prepared to be convinced, + 2 in a stat sounds more useful to me, its only 20% of damage though ive now experienced being stun locked and i can see where you are coming from. My thinking though is that 20% frost is only useful in half or less than half the fights you go into and even then its not like having it guarantees you win, however I have only come across one 2+ item in the game so far so having acess to one so early on sounds OP. Does your will have a significant effect on stunlocking? Id be willing to sacrifice some dps if it gives me the chance to avoid the stunlock of death

+2 to stat on amu slot is weak...and it is the + interrupt, +deflection, +ref stat...

do not forget, +2 on stat is a high level armor enchantment.

And i do not say the cloak is always good, but he shines when you have him and you go into a area with this kind of damage.

It is in PotD min max gaming, why I like it...with the right item thinks become easier.

it is the reason why I like summon horn at the blacksmith, it gives you 1 summon for tactical use.

+2 to stat on amu slot is weak...and it is the + interrupt, +deflection, +ref stat...

do not forget, +2 on stat is a high level armor enchantment.

And i do not say the cloak is always good, but he shines when you have him and you go into a area with this kind of damage.

It is in PotD min max gaming, why I like it...with the right item thinks become easier.

it is the reason why I like summon horn at the blacksmith, it gives you 1 summon for tactical use.

fair enough have you played around with monks at all, would you recommend unarmed or shield and weapon. The thing is ive compared the two side by side and my fists hit harder than any normal quality weapons of the same speed so to keep up that DPS or improve it i would need a fine or higher quality weapon, im also not entirely sure shield synergises with the monk play style as all it does is slow down the rate you get wounds, makes you less accurate, and almost cuts your DPS in half as you offhand fist does about 3.4 the damage of your main.I mean purely from a numbers perspective i think playing monk is all about maximising how much you get out of each wound, the reason you want heavy armor is that it slows down wound gain enough to unload each wound reliably. but using a shield almost halves the damage you get from both swift strikes and the cone attack. Im also thinking I might try swift blows follwed up by cruxible of fire (5% fire dmg per wound) in hard fights where you often have 5 wounds that you struggle to unload in time this could make all the difference (especially against phantoms who hate fire). Im also thinking that i might out a point in unarmed combat specialisation, 6 accuracy will surely help guarantee a steady dps right?