Soloing PoE : Sucess so far ( Hard Dificulty Expert Mode )

- yeah, endurance, that's what I tried to say. However on your character page you are at full (both endurance and health), but that fire godlike ability is still active

Godlike ability is always present but procs when below 50% endurance, so i dont understand what you are saying. It never proced to me over 50% endurance, for that it works perfectly.

I'm saying that it shows on your character sheet as an active effect despite you are not being under 50% hp. I presume then it's a bug, check this thread for reference:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73184-fire-godlike-battle-forged-passive-bonus-bug/

It seems that the fire godlike passive would be 4 DR only, it only never deactivates and stacks infinitely. That's bad news:( Well, good if you only want to get the solo achievement as you will passively stack DR every time you are under 50% hp, but I have a hunch they will fix that way before they rebalance this game for solo play:/

Also, just for the cheese factor - you could take off the armor and go naked, your passive would stack faster to compensate probably:) Could you check your combat log that the game deducts your whole 50+ DR in a fight or it's only a visual bug?

Edited by lord_wc

nice bug, have to try tomorrow fire godlike.

have seen in character sheet 52 DR on everything.

i get maximum 20-25 as non firegod...

with the numbers on cast damage and melle hits, you numbers would mean no damage incoming...only the 1 dmg min you should always get.

think solo archiewment with +4 stacking firegod DR is crazy strong.

Edited by Aqvamare

They dont need to rebalance the game for solo play after all I play it cuz I enjoy it.

Anyway it seems you are right and the DR stacks and applies... When I remove the armour tho all DR but Pierce goes away from the CHaracter Sheet... That would mean the problem must be between the pasive and the armour. And on the log it applies the reduction. 

As I said before, I dont pretend to use exploits to beat the game I just want to solo beacuse I find it fun and beat the game as I can. Even that this bug is a use buff for my character, I just die to elemental damage as easy as any other race, I stll get oneshot and I think I still could beat the game as Druid godfire on Hard even with this problem fixed.

I will keep playing tho I love my character but I will have in mind the DR on certain moments for my next run.. Do Death Godlike have any bug like that? Like stacking infinite damage or something?

nice bug, have to try tomorrow fire godlike.

have seen in character sheet 52 DR on everything.

i get maximum 20-25 as non firegod...

with the numbers on cast damage and melle hits, you numbers would mean no damage incoming...only the 1 dmg min you should always get.

Why would you beat the game using a exploit on pruporse just to beat the game, where is the fun on that?

Edited by LastSoloer

It got easier on the main quest as I said, cuz I faced harder enemies  on sidequests much harder than in the main quest challenges. Even with a bug, what its easier its easier no matter what. 

On the other hand, obviously the bug makes game easier than without it. I want now to rush the game and hope on my 2nd run I dont get bugged...

Do you know any other bug that can cause to beat the game in a non legit way? WIth Death Godlike? With any other class or race?

Edited by LastSoloer

Hi, unfortunately the reason why you are finding the game so easy to solo on hard, is that you are affected by this bug: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73449-stat-bonus-modifiers-can-erroneously-be-applied-multiple-times-allowing-stats-to-grow-beyond-intended-values/

Your DR is more than 50 (which is impossible normally or without cheating). This is because your Fire-Godlike racial bonus is getting PERMANENTLY STACKED due to the above bug. So yeah in combat you're only getting hit for the minimum damage each time (20%)

with such a low deflection, even if you had a damage reduction around 20 you would be getting pummeled pretty quickly on Hard unfortunately.

As I said before, I dont pretend to use exploits to beat the game I just want to solo beacuse I find it fun and beat the game as I can

No, no, it never was my intention to say that you cheese your way through, I'm sorry if it came through that way.

I'm actually just sad because yours felt like an awesome and enjoyable solo build, but it doesn't seem viable after the bug gets fixed.

I just hate the concept of tanks doorwhoring being able the only one soloing through the game (and I do think somewhere the game will be less from it) that's why I really wished this was a display bug only.

Alternatively they shouldn't balance for solo but give a talent that sets party size to 1 and gives you bonuses in return (like it was in D:OS).

Why you say its not viable, you havent even seen my mechanics or how i perform during the game. I will surely try after its fixed.

Anyway what would you guys do? Reroll and try with another char? I love the main quest and I want to end the game but the idea of having a character with such exploits really pisses me off.

I have more success with melee Cipher. Race- Coastal Aumaua - for +1 Migh and Towering Physique. 21 Might and 17 Perception. All other stats on 10.

Gear- heavy armor, every item with Deflection boost and RO, 2h weapon.

Most important things- Bitting Whip (20% more damage from weapon, so 40% more damage in total with basic 20% of Soul Whip), Draining Whip (faster Focus generation).

INT is low but for solo is not that important to have bigger AOE for few reasons:

1. All enemies focus on you so in bottle necks they stand on each other.

2. You have unlimited Spell Spams so you can constant CC enemies.

3. You deal HUGE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE from weapon thanks to 40% more damage.

17 Perception gives enough Deflection with Heavy Armor to not be insta-killed. Race ability helps against CC attacks of enemies.

So far melee Cipher deals more damage than my barbarian for single target from melee.

Most important things is- you get so much Focus per attack that you can just lock all enemies or one  with your powers all the time or use most devastating AOE spells and single target CC.

I will write more details later, but Melee Cipher rules and unlimited spells are boss in this game. You can lock entire group of mobs all the time :)

Int is important for duration and aoe as a Druid, cuz it allows you to heal more and your spells last more and have aoe.

With a Druid you dont need unlimited spells, Cipher is too slow to spam skills. Druid can perma CC a big pull of mobs. Then rest then continue.

You dont tell me what level are you atm with your Cipher so all info is not quite usefull.

The random loot in PotD is very important, my advice, restart your runs, until you get life leech mantle on cold damage. You can loot him in second floor in first town inn.

he makes most of phantoms far more easy and help extrem.

Yea but that only works if you are not playing trial of iron. If you are willing to cheat that badly to win why not just modify the save files?

I've played with fighter on solo so far but i actually am having difficulty with easy. I think fighter is at level 6 and i really have to pick every fight or he gets killed. I'm not new to these games and i told my friend like a year ago that i will solo this game like i did baldurs gate 2. I don't like having a party in any game anyway. 

I'm pretty sure that with hardest it is impossible with fighter because easy is so pain to play. 

I'm going to play this solo on hardest but i really need to know a class that has even a chance. I read wizards are really powerful at lev 8+ but its hard to get to level 8. I might consider playing first time with party and explore all the quests etc so when i really solo on hardest its way easier because i know where the easy quests etc are and avoid tough fights.

But its interesting thread to read, maybe i just pick up a party with the fighter and just finish the game and return to soloing after some of others done the hard work to figure out what class can manage that ;) 

I've been thinking about a Wizard too, starting with mele skills until you can spam the good AoE... But Im not quite sure if its worth it take all those points on Might instead on CON or Per for defense. 30% more damage is good but is it worth it to go glass cannon ?

I've been thinking about a Wizard too, starting with mele skills until you can spam the good AoE... But Im not quite sure if its worth it take all those points on Might instead on CON or Per for defense. 30% more damage is good but is it worth it to go glass cannon ?

You really need to give monk a shot, 3 intel, 3 perception 19 con, 19 res, 18 dex, 16 might. I'm powering through i just got turning wheel which adds 5% fire dmg per wound, im hitting 20 damage with my fists lol, go full tank and always fight in a corner :D

You really need to give monk a shot, 3 intel, 3 perception 19 con, 19 res, 18 dex, 16 might. I'm powering through i just got turning wheel which adds 5% fire dmg per wound, im hitting 20 damage with my fists lol, go full tank and always fight in a corner :D

And how do you heal back? What do you do on open spaces?

And how do you heal back? What do you do on open spaces?

I havnt really got deep into the game yet but im tweaking it till its optimal, thinking of going moon guy, that plus potions should give enough regen for most fights. The only point of reference i have is my rogue run and this is going way better than thet, i soloed the bandit camp level 2 and could almost take on the bear at level 2 as well.

Also just to say im running this on PoTD ironman and have had very few problems with this build so i expect on lower difficlties it would own

Edited by Ceranai

Ironically wizard is probably one of the better casters in terms of survivability (in terms of dps/cc/utility he loses out to druid priest and cipher imo) which can be quite useful for solo, unlike party play. Hardened arcane veil is an instant cast for +45 deflection and he also has nice spells for extra hp, endurance drain and DR. Damage isn't the best, but should be enough.

Cipher can be quite tanky as well with level 4/5 spells, question is how do you get there. A lot of people seem to suggest rogue for solo, cipher basically is a better rogue. So if rogue can make it cipher can as well. But I'm not sure of either one on PotD (on lower difficulties should work fine).

I started a game with rogue and I dont see him decent... At least not on hard. He has no mechanims to  pull efficiently and no aoe. I thought scape skill could be used to get out of combat but its just to position a little bit so I don think he is a viable option

Im gonna try Wizard with a dwarf.... YES! BOnus to might and constitution OP. Lets see if I manage to do something decent. 

Edited by LastSoloer

I started a game with rogue and I dont see him decent... At least not on hard. He has no mechanims to  pull efficiently and no aoe.

Im gonna try Wizard with a dwarf.... YES! BOnus to might and constitution OP. Lets see if I manage to do something decent. 

Dude you gotta try monk, the wound mechanic seems designed for solo play lol :p

What type of armor are you using on your min-maxed Monk ?

I started a game with rogue and I dont see him decent... At least not on hard. He has no mechanims to  pull efficiently and no aoe.

Yeah I really thought about it but I will try wizard first. Monk cant heal himself anyway right? I will consider it ty. I will eventually level one dont worry haha

What type of armor are you using on your min-maxed Monk ?

I re rolled, this is my monk, he is wearing the heaviest armour available, the cloak you find in the prologue and nothing else

2uiw3tu.jpg

I just arrived in town but before i even got here i cleared everything in valewood except from the bear, and even the bear i got to half HP before I died. 

Edited by Ceranai

Yeah I really thought about it but I will try wizard first. Monk cant heal himself anyway right? I will consider it ty. I will eventually level one dont worry haha

sorry for the multiple post but only just saw your post. Its true that i dont have any heals but when you think about it all classes have limited heals, as a moonlike monk i get 3 self heals that put me back to max health. with the massive health pool i have and the armor etc i think im more survivable than any other class. 

sorry for the multiple post but only just saw your post. Its true that i dont have any heals but when you think about it all classes have limited heals, as a moonlike monk i get 3 self heals that put me back to max health. with the massive health pool i have and the armor etc i think im more survivable than any other class. 

I doubt that you have more survival than a Druid but I feel he is THE CLASS to solo. I just screwed up with the wrong race cuz of the bug. ANyway I will try what you say.

Btw do you notice any bug with the other Godlike subraces? Idk maybe I should reroll and go Druid again but this time go Nature or Moon instead.

I doubt that you have more survival than a Druid but I feel he is THE CLASS to solo. I just screwed up with the wrong race cuz of the bug. ANyway I will try what you say.

Btw do you notice any bug with the other Godlike subraces? Idk maybe I should reroll and go Druid again but this time go Nature or Moon instead.

I dunno he has a higher default health pool, ill see how i got, it also means i dont have to rest every single fight and im pretty sure that if i stock up on potions i could keep fighting forever. Like the only reason i even come close to dying is when im that low.