Soloing PoE : Sucess so far ( Hard Dificulty Expert Mode )

Ye I think I was about 5 too... I cleared everything up to the main city and I explored a bit further to the east.  But since slaying enemies dont give xp by themselves its not a big deal.

Shouldn't it be a bit higher? I was at lvl 4 with full party so my exp got divided by 6 and your not

Ye I think I was about 5 too... I cleared everything up to the main city and I explored a bit further to the east.  But since slaying enemies dont give xp by themselves its not a big deal.

Shouldn't it be a bit higher? I was at lvl 4 with full party so my exp got divided by 6 and your not

I get the same xp as you do, its how xp system works on PoE thats why this is a great challenge and Im afraid game cannot be soloed on PotD difficulty

Edited by LastSoloer

I get the same xp as you do, its how xp system works on PoE thats why this is a great challenge and Im afraid game cannot be soloed on PotD difficulty

I though it's split between characters. 

When I got 600 xp each of my characters got only 100 so if you are solo you should get 600...

I really didnt do the math cuz I was told game wasnt like BG1 were soloing was actually easier. I didnt care and I found it more like a challenge instead of a way of breaking the game.

I will do the math next mision and compare, if you are certain, if xp splits between characters or it doesnt, which I doubt because then I dont think any of your characters would get to lvl 6 spells by the end of the game.

If anyone else can give us some information about the rewarding xp on quests would be great.

I really didnt do the math cuz I was told game wasnt like BG1 were soloing was actually easier. I didnt care and I found it more like a challenge instead of a way of breaking the game.

I will do the math next mision and compare, if you are certain, if xp splits between characters or it doesnt, which I doubt because then I dont think any of your characters would get to lvl 6 spells by the end of the game.

If anyone else can give us some information about the rewarding xp on quests would be great.

I've made a test myself and it does split BUT total xp is also reduced.

It works like this:

AHJORJl.jpg

So each party member less is only 5% xp more per character. Soloing doesn't  make much sense with this mechanic tbh.

Edited by Myrten
  • Like 1

That makes more sense ty for doing it yourself. Ye its not the BG1 system but it rewards a little bit. COnsidering atm im lvl 8 and I need 36k to get to 9, I dont think its much an improvement.

More considering as a Soloer I cannot do the Stronghold task that you can comand to any of your companions where you get 10% of the xp for that task. Or thats what I figured out I really didnt try it.

For the guy worried about me getting perma stunned, I already got in those ugly situations... Yet I was tanky enough to survive and my fire godlike conditions normally helped to end the aggresors.

Yet, now I got lvl 8 I got this talent called Body Control that grants +10 defense against apralyzed Petrified Sickened stunned and weakened attacks. Im less worried about the Mind Control ones such as Control Confuse etc because that prevents you from attacking but also enemies wont attack you since you are out of the combat.

Still Its a posibility if I face enemies that require a powerfull mind. Mens sana in corpore sano after all.

@LastSoloer - could you post a screenshot of your character sheet - something liek this one: http://imgur.com/a/uaTOk

I never played solo and want to try it in Pillars.

Oks, I will write the stats of each item instead of screenshoting every single one but I will screnshot the main stats and so on. Give me some minutes. Btw what are those screenshots from, whats that mod? Could you link the source?

Edited by LastSoloer

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/30vduy/just_started_my_fellowship_of_eternity/

These are from the game - just press C (by default) and you got your character sheet - here's my char http://imgur.com/VXf9bCd

I just need screenshot of character's sheet, no need for anything else I think - but if you want and have time please do :)

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

@LastSoloer - could you post a screenshot of your character sheet - something liek this one: http://imgur.com/a/uaTOk

I never played solo and want to try it in Pillars.

http://imgur.com/a/CBpH5

HEre we are. THats my whole character I presume.

I believe game is soloable in Hard for more than one class and we'll se about PotD.

Those stats are only with items etc. No FOOD no Room REsting Bonus. I was carefull with that.

Well main weapon is still missing... Since it doesnt reall give any more bonus. Same with resistances and so. Do you really want those?

Edited by LastSoloer

Switched from Orleander wild chanter tank build (14/18/3/20/3/20) to mountain int drawf with (5/19/2/15/18/19).

Reason was, that my chant aoe range was simply to small. and might is in solo run more or less as chanter useless. with whis new stat, i have less pure defelction, but it works out better.

Tipps you should know,

1.) the trader at campaing start has best prices ingame...before he becomes your first rouge, if you sell all items in first map to him, you start with +600 money compare to without him.

2.) the random loot is level based, you can test it in first town inn, second floor, if you are

level 1, you get +5 deflection ring

level 2, +5fort, +5 reflex, +5 will ring

level 3, +2 stat amu

you want in solo run level 1 reward, and at level 2, go temple level, there is trp chest before ringebell with random loot, there you can grap the otehr defensive ring.

3.) learn to group splitt, you can make normal encounter easier by splitting them, if you have a "easy" target in 1v1, abuse him, use your summon as cruse missle, who fight farther away enemies, during the time you outtank the enemy.

4.) accuarcy is most important stat, and shild reduce it...unlucky, there is no talent, what reduce this malus....

Um, no, not really - you could always add this to next people that will read this and may be curious.

But I'm fine with what you added. Thanks.

My concern was to be affected by one of these stat bugs... After all I suffer getting to this point, it would be frustrating that I couldnt be able to beat the game on a legit way but I think my resistances are also legit.

Edited by LastSoloer

FInished Act II lvl 8 almost 9... Cleared almost everything I could clear, I didnt do all the quest in the citiy since I didnt want to ally with everyone. Game turns easier in the mainquest even as soloer. Way too easy. The only problem is that I get out of spells too fast since there are a lot of enemies for someone without Mechanics skills developed to sneak in.

The game is amazing on the other hand. I love its main quest. ANd I dont tend to really acre about the main quests on rpg games, Im always more worried about side quest development.

Edited by LastSoloer

Game tends to work like this at least as solo:

Devs had really thought about the balance in this game to the point that new zones always are almost imposible to clear completly with your current level, but yet there are always enemies you can kill and advance until you quest and get some more level. I guess this system is similar if you play with a 6man party, you get to a new zone and the challenge is too much that forces you to quest a little. I like it despite all threads saying that game is unfair and unbalanced. Welll why should it let you beat the game easily?

I said before game was getting easy, well it doesnt seem like that anymore. It may be just the Main Quest.  I find  that quite logic so people not so experience in rpg can follow main quest and gather some level if they are stuck in some place. I prefer to do the opposite,

Nice thread!

Just a few questions about your build:

- stag form says it gives defenses - wouldn't it be better instead of bear? It also has AoE. Or bear gives you DR?

- fire godlike ability really gives 36DR? or it's level dependant? It seems extreme. It is also active on you while you have full hp, shouldn't it switch off?

- how slow cast times are with a full plate? I'd like your subjective oppinion (like not too bad or something) not exact numbers. Would the added speed justify dropping to medium armors and losing a few DRs? I mean most of it comes from fire godlike anyway

- I dont know the numbers, I chose bear cuz I liked him plus he gives defense I guess stag can also be good. But the aoe with attacks is not what you really want tho, most of the situations you aoe with spells and you just want to end one enemy. You gotta test it idk how the damage will be. But I bet he is viable too.

- I do not know the numbers but it synergices well with the spiritshift ability adding a good damage. It procs when your character is below 50% endurance, not hp, and so far it does decent damage and i think the damage scales with lvl or maybe with might, but it scales somehow.

- Slow, you want to cast your slower spells at the start on the battle. The heals are fast tho. ANd yes I just changed to a medium armour, I was with heavy armour because it was by far the best I had. I think Druids are meant to have MEDIUM armour, for lore logic or because thats how class was created. But everything you do in as a soloer has to mean something, have one pruporse, fit into a bigger idea and synergice with your build IMO.

I hope I could help

- stag won't give DR, but it will give deflection and saving throws. Yeah, I didn't thought you would start hitting stuff 24/7 in melee, it's more like an added bonus. But I will go and check it when I get home. I thought you tried it and bear gave DR/endurance or something:)

- yeah, endurance, that's what I tried to say. However on your character page you are at full (both endurance and health), but that fire godlike ability is still active

- I agree, I was just wondering if the faster killing speed from a scale for example (with 15% points less penalty) saves you more incoming damage or the additional 5 DR from plate. If you have 57 DR and most of the enemies are hitting you for 50 for example that 5 DR is absolutely worthless and you could translate it to faster killing speed. Or downgrading for leather, only 30% penalty and you could get that one with +3 resolve

Edited by lord_wc

[...]

- yeah, endurance, that's what I tried to say. However on your character page you are at full (both endurance and health), but that fire godlike ability is still active

[...]

Noticed this too. Found another thread concerning this topic.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73184-fire-godlike-battle-forged-passive-bonus-bug/

seems to be one of this stat-bugs

The random loot in PotD is very important, my advice, restart your runs, until you get life leech mantle on cold damage. You can loot him in second floor in first town inn.

he makes most of phantoms far more easy and help extrem.

Edited by Aqvamare

- stag won't give DR, but it will give deflection and saving throws. Yeah, I didn't thought you would start hitting stuff 24/7 in melee, it's more like an added bonus. But I will go and check it when I get home. I thought you tried it and bear gave DR/endurance or something:)

- I agree, I was just wondering if the faster killing speed from a scale for example (with 15% points less penalty) saves you more incoming damage or the additional 5 DR from plate. If you have 57 DR and most of the enemies are hitting you for 50 for example that 5 DR is absolutely worthless and you could translate it to faster killing speed. Or downgrading for leather, only 30% penalty and you could get that one with +3 resolve

Godlike ability is always present but procs when below 50% endurance, so i dont understand what you are saying. It never proced to me over 50% endurance, for that it works perfectly.

You wont notice the faster killing with medium armour IMO, but I can save you from dying being able to cast CC and HEals a bit faster. Or may not. You must use what you like and try both armours and choose the best, medium or heavy.

Lower than medium armour is plain suicide.

The random loot in PotD is very important, my advice, restart your runs, until you get life leech mantle on cold damage. You can loot him in second floor in first town inn.

he makes most of phantoms far more easy and help extrem.

Thats a bit boring and unnecessary imo.

Edited by LastSoloer