Deflection, Fortitude, Reflex, Will - what determines their base values?

Hi all,

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why Aloth's D/F/R/W are so much better than my rogue's. I stripped the two characters down to their pants, and I just can't understand it.

Going just by attributes, I should be higher than him, but when in our underpants, Aloth trumps my rogue in all but deflection.

Can someone explain to me how the game determines base values for these stats?

Thanks!

The Dude abides.

Okay, I did some proper investigating.

When I strip Aloth and count back the +3 per level (he's level 4, so +9 - assuming you don't get a +3 at level 1), he starts with F/R/W 40.

That's high! My own character starts with F/R/W 20.

Is this a bug, or a feature??

The Dude abides.

Sorry to keep rezzing this, but I don't want to create a new post and am curious as to if others have experienced this.

I loaded an old save and lo, my companions, after being unclothed, had the same base F/R/W as my character (20 each). So at some point, for some reason, Eder and Aloth's base defenses doubled.

Does anyone know a fix?

The Dude abides.

The fix is either using Cheat Engine to correct the values or waiting for a possible fix in a future patch. As for what the correct values are, I don't know. There seems to be little definite information available on how the other defensive stats are calculated. I decided to continue playing with my buffed characters at least until the next patch and hope the problem is fixed in it.