Group Change Bug

Kingsbach

Question

So if i would like to change my group it will not work.

E.g.: I have a group of 6 people and change it to 2. After this i want to change it back to 6 but it doesnt work. There are 6 people in my group menu but not in game.

thanks

K.

• Like 2

Hello FacesofMu,

I was not able to reproduce your bug. However, I did load the saves that had the problem, and I saw that Pallegina was lv 7 but she could level up to 12. She was also missing her gear she had in the first save you sent, but now she has her starting gear. Are you running any mods like IE Mod by any chance? 

Could you write a very detailed list on how you got this bug to occur, starting from Pearlwood Bluff save?

Thanks

Hello FacesofMu,

I was not able to reproduce your bug. However, I did load the saves that had the problem, and I saw that Pallegina was lv 7 but she could level up to 12. She was also missing her gear she had in the first save you sent, but now she has her starting gear. Are you running any mods like IE Mod by any chance? 

Could you write a very detailed list on how you got this bug to occur, starting from Pearlwood Bluff save?

Thanks

Aww man, it's hard to remember them now. I think it was exactly as I said before. I traveled to Caed Nua, went into the keep and transferred all the treasury chest to the stash, went outside the keep, then changed party (or maybe went up to the bedrooms, rested and changed party).

I don't have any IE mods going, never had :geek:

Does anyone know if they figured out this bug yet? I am using Steam, just started not too long ago (about May 2016) and just ran into the bug. All files are up to date. I tried re-installing to no avail. The bug seemed to start just after I did the Svef Den in Copper Lane. When I went up to release the home owner, and came back down after jailing the wizard, the wizard's stuff was on the ground. Then I could no longer remove party members. Sometimes it would just ignore my changes, other times the party members were on the world, but did not show up in my party. It seems to be when I remove Durance, and I am sick of being stuck with these guys. I want Kana back;).

I would love to upload a save file, though I think it is on Steam's cloud.

Save games are local as well actually: https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-175-location-of-save-games/

Could you also post the output_log.txt file (by default it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data)? Just load a save game, try and fail to remove a companion, exit and grab the output log file. Is it just when trying to remove Durance by the way, or can't you remove any of the companions?

I had the same issue with Hiravias.  I added him to party but he did not show up in the character, item, etc windows.  I left town and was down to a party of 5 (from 6).  When I returned, he was standing on the bridge in Caed Nua waiting for me to tell him it was time to go.  After I did this, he joined my party like a good little NPC (there were two on the screen at once though until I changed maps and returned).

Same/similar issue happend to me, v3.03.1047 Steam, Linux.

I can't remove characters from group/party. When I am in Caed Nua and I remove or switch characters in the party, it does change in the group/party screen, but not in game itself, neither in characters avatars in game. It is always still 6 members party.

I've noticed it first (that something bad is happending) when I tried to invite Hiravias to the group. To add him to group I decided to remove Eder, Eder has been removed but Hiravias teleported/moved from his original location to the middle of Stormwall Gorge. I was left with 5 members party, officialy, because there was no Hiravias icon in the group, but when I moved to his character and talked to him, he acted like member of the party already, except I couldn't control him too.

After issue with Hiravias I decided to load earlier game, I've cleared the area and I saved the game before talking to him. It is currently my earliest save. Could invite him second time, decided to remove 1 member from party in Caed Nua to invite Hiravias. That's how I found out that I can't remove party members.

The last party member I've removed/switched was when I meet Pallegina, I've removed Kana and invite Pallegina. Unfortunately I don't have such old savegame.

Sending what I got, 6 saves, but actually only the one where I stand in front of Hiravias is important: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88194181/PillarsOfEternity.zip

I've runned the game second time, pressed "continue" to load latest savegame when I was in Caed Nua.

Prestidigitator has suggested that it can help and this indeed did help. Right away when I appeared in Caed Nua I was able to edit my party, I left only 5 members, went back to Stormwall Gorge and invitet Hiravias without further problems.

I am still leaving my savegames I've posted in previous post, maybe these will be useful to spot the issue.

Cheers!

Im getting the same bug, cannot switch people out though weirdly enough it only happens when i try to recruit Durance. I have not played it for a very long time and decided to go back, i had Durance in my party but lost some of my later saves, i figured due to my moving them from one harddrive and doing something stupid probably. Anyways decided that a few hours of lost progress should not stop me, so i tried to recruit Durance again. However he disappears from my screen as soon as i have recruited him, he is however still on the map as Durance, however it is a ghost version of him (see link). When i get back to my stronghold i suddenly have 2 of him, one normal and one naked, however i still cannot go anywhere since i get the voice that says "you do not have your entire party" or what ever keeps popping up. So know i have 2 useless versions of Durance, i have tried loading a previous save, and i can dismiss and recruit as much as i want until i try to recruit Durance, then the same thing happens. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game but that does not help so i think its my saves that are screwed, however i do not know how far it goes back. The dude with the robe and hat is fake Durance btw. (I have not used any mods or cheats what so ever). 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731276083

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730619568

Edited by cummerou1

cummerou1

People were reporting similar issues at: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88124-game-breaking-bug-cannot-change-party-303/page-2

They were specifically discussing Hiravais, but Sking's explanation of the root cause indicates the same issue may crop up with other companions.

Looks like the workaround is to disable "Auto Level Companions" (under the "Difficulty" section in the options menu) BEFORE recruiting the companion with which you're experiencing the issue.  Afterwards, you should be able to level up normally.  Worked for my savegame, at least.

I am having the same party mgt issue - I met Hiravias, he joined my merry crew but i did not immediately add him to the party, i eventually went back to keep - put him in my party - left keep and he was standing in the wilds and would not follow or move with the group and I could no longer advance. NOW, when I add or edit party members back at caed naua they do not leave the keep with me even though the party mgt screen saves the change. frustrated. I have not seen a solution other than uninstall - reinstall... is that really it? Help please - thank you - great game so far