Group Change Bug

Kingsbach

Question

So if i would like to change my group it will not work.

E.g.: I have a group of 6 people and change it to 2. After this i want to change it back to 6 but it doesnt work. There are 6 people in my group menu but not in game.

thanks

K.

• Like 2

I'm having the same issue. Whenever I change characters in the stronghold, the party member that is added to the party will not appear.

Party members that are now in the party will also appear in seemingly random locations in the game world, with their mapmarker active.

This could possibly also be related to a bug with the Brighthallow(? Inn at your Stronghold), where travelling up the stairs lead to a completely black screen, forcing an alt-f4 and reload.

• Like 1

Copy pasting from the reddit bug thread http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/30nuxn/patch_1020508_bugs_megathread/

Description: Unable to change party members. Despite making sure that the party member is not busy on a mission, it is impossible to add new party members to my party. I've tried party management both at the stronghold, as well as various inns across the realm. Attempting to leave a party member at the stronghold, and then rehire him does not work either. In addition, the 3 inactive party members appear to teleport into various areas in the game, where they provide the idle dialogue from staying at the Stronghold. Kana does seem to appear in the same area as the player party, but does not actually join the party.

EDIT: It seems like the bug only affects some party members. In my case, these are the party members that I have not been using during act 2, as well as the final stages of act 1. Savegame[1] **EDIT#2: Scratch the last part. It seems quite random who is able to join or not. Had some luck adding the Dwarven Ranger, (but only her, out of 5 selected ones). But after changing things up again, she is no longer able to join.

Steps to reproduce: Remove and Hire party members.

Expected result: Dismissed part members leave party, new party member joins party.

Observed result: Party member leaves party, no new member added. Can not reinvite old party member.

Reproduction rate:10/10.

Game Edition: Steam

I am effectively stuck with my current pary, and can thusly not add Kana to finish the dungeon beneath my stronghold.

• Like 3

Been trying to change the party configuration again, but the same problem persists. It seems that there is a strange issue with Party member ID's, as sometimes when I trigger combat, the game will autopause due to "Unknown somethingsomething" triggered combat (when it's usually a party member).

• Like 1

I have this also. Occurred in Gift after adding the paladin to group. I went back to salty mast to switch equipment, so I switched kana away from party then back into party again. After this Kana appeared as an NPC who I can talk to but cannot control. Got him in party after a few tries, of removing the whole party and then individually adding them all, then went upstairs and back again. After that I could see 2 kanas, a full geared NPC and a controllable party member with no gear. Went outside and now cannot change party members at all.

Might as well restart, the game is fast and fun to backtrack if you skip all reading..

Hmmm... not sure yet if it works always. But it seems you can reinvite a member after he came back from a solo adventure. Of course you need a adventure offering first. Than send the party member you want in your group on this adventure and call him back immediately. Now it "should" work to reinvite him. But only one time. You could give it a try...

Same issue, I was fortunately able to load to a save before I attempted to change the party. But I'm now stuck with a given party, and cannot add Kana.... I want to explore the endless paths dammit!

Exactly the same issue. Kana just won't join from tavern, adventurers' guild, or the Keep, and can be found standing aimlessly in the dungeon when I did go down.  Playing on a non-Steam (ie GOG) version.

• Like 1

Hello,

Would it be possible for someone with this issue occurring in their game to upload a save game and output log with this issue occurring. You can find steps on how to do this here.

This will greatly aid us in finding the root cause of this issue and resolving it in a patch.

Thank you!

• Like 3

Hello,

Would it be possible for someone with this issue occurring in their game to upload a save game and output log with this issue occurring. You can find steps on how to do this here.

This will greatly aid us in finding the root cause of this issue and resolving it in a patch.

Thank you!

I had been having this problem before today but it could be fixed by changing areas, coming back, and trying again. Now party changing is completely broken. Here's a link to a .rar of my save game and the output log of me trying to change party members. I tried going down to 3, which worked this time, but then I couldn't change those 3 or add more.

http://www.filedropper.com/poe

• Like 1

I guess it might also be relevant to note that the first time I encountered this bug was after meeting Sagani and that the first time it happened to me, like with others (someone said it happened with Kana), there appeared to be an extra character left behind when changing my party once (I had two Sagani; a left behind Sagani and the Sagani I put in my party) and another time just an extra Sagani left behind when I took Sagani out of my party. I had to reload my last save both times. Another bug is that Sagani permanently says that she has something to say to me but never does. I don't know if it's related. When I first met Sagani I did not immediately add her to my party. Also something that might possibly have something to do with it, not sure.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Got this bug with Kana, I booted him out of the party due to another issue where he stopped auto chanting in battle all of a sudden (I would have to manually start him off every fight) and the issue, as described above, occurs.  He won't come back in, even though he appears as being in the party on the management screen he's not there on screen and he travels around the world with me, appearing as a diamond in areas where he shouldn't be appearing (He's in the sea on some of the maps...).

I managed to get him back after some arcane series of maneuvers once, but all his gear reset so I didn't keep that save.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ubv6d18sgbjp51q/AACGEJ01zk_Q0nAh9mq3msRra?dl=0

Had the same problem here afeter i got Hiravias. Left Kana at the stronghold and when I tried to get him back, i could not. I'm left with 5 members that I cannot change anymore.

Before that, when I left Kana and got him back I had the not chanting bug for a while too.

• Like 1

Patch 1.03 solved the problem for me, too.

I actually didn't get this bug until after the 1.03 patch.  All of my saves are being affected by this bug.  Even the ones from before the occurrence.  I'm re-installing the game to see if that fixes it.

EDIT:  Fortunately, a fresh install seemed to fix the problem.

Edited by donpaulwalnuts

Unfortunately, this bug isn't fixed by restarting PoEt(not to be confused with Path of Exile!)  and loading again, at least for me, STiAT.

Gog.com version, patch v1.0.3.0524, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

I am actually getting a possibly worse version of this bug, when trying to switch Level 12 characters:  Not only will all of the items vanish on the characters who get swapped out and swapped back, but Eder will usually vanish from the party and the Inn/Stronghold menu and be unable to be added to the party at all.   Naked clones of Durance and Eder seem to stay in the game where they were before I swapped them out also, but you cannot get them to rejoin through dialogue.

Before the party switch, in any Inn or Stronghold, all is well: Before

After the first party Switch, Level 12 characters leave naked clones behind: After

After switching back, actual Eder or Durance in my case, has no items, and will vanish from the party if I Save and Reload: Itemless Eder

Here are three save game files also, Before, After Switch, After Switch back: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4demtv0cappp6dx/PoEt_gog_patch1.03_Broken_Party_Swap.7z?dl=0

I've tried closing the game and reloading, if I reload the 3rd save, Eder is just gone from the game, aside from his naked clone.

I'm going to try reinstalling from scratch and see if that helps... this error was not present as far as I remember, in the default Gog version, seems new to patch 1.03.0524.

Also, this seems to be an actual game breaking issue, at least for a few of us.  It's not even listed in the "Known Issues" post though? I would argue this needs to be a very high priority bug fix, that more people will probably start experiencing when they start to cap out at level 12.

I also had an similiar issue like this but the problem in my savegame where it happened was solved with the recent hotfix

Hrm, that's good then, maybe it's just taking Obsidian/Gog time to get that version patched.    As it is now, gog.com people are better off NOT patching to 1.03, it seems.

*EDIT* Reinstalled, Gog  version, Backer Item patch, 1.03 Patch, issue still persists.   Game is technically still completable if I never swap out Eder or Durance, for some reason the bug does not seem to effect Harvais or Kana at level 12, just Eder and Durance.

Level 11 characters do not seem to be effected? I wish I had earlier saves post patch 1.03 to try out. :(

Edited by Kinowek

Sorry to rez an old thread.

I've just had this bug happen to me. I had returned to the stronghold and dismissed my entire party of Lvl 12s (including Pellegina) and invited 4 members who were under 12 (Sagani, and 3 customs). I went to the lodge and claimed two bounties, then went to the chest in the hall and moved everything to my stash. I've gone out of the hall, levelled up on of my characters (Rogue), gone to the lodge to switch everyone back, and everyone leaves but the Rogue, and no-one joins.

Notably, in the party selection window, Pellegina shows as Level 7 when she is actually Level 12.

Moving between instances doesn't bring them back.

Tried restarting POE and loading from a save before the fault, no fix.

I did something at one point that got them all to join (I think after POE restart?), but Pellegina was Level 1 and lost all her items. On this occassion I also went to assign someone to a major adventure, and all my characters were selectable options for the quest in one line across the screen (even those in my current party).

Haven't tried not adding her as I'd prefer this fixed rather than worked around, and peeps have said consistently here that the problem tends to stick with one character.