Pause + Pause = Unpause? (Suggestion)

What difference should having more auto-pause options mean - when it goes off the game STOPS and there is a big sign at the bottom saying GAME PAUSED - if you have all these auto pauses set why would you be constantly pausing manually at the same time? Maybe the issue is using too many auto-pauses??? Just because they are all there doesn't mean you need to use every one - especially if it makes the game so convoluted you can't even tell when the game stops???

More auto-pauses means it stops more often. Were you being rhetorical or was that a genuine question? More auto-pauses occurring means it's more likely that this arises...

Using all the auto-pause options (that are there to be used) wouldn't make the game convoluted if one of the incredibly minor solutions that has been suggested was in place.

And I take it asking them to not do this isn't one of your whims? And the ways you would prefer they spend their time are not one of your whims? Just accept we all want different things, don't claim you wouldn't ever dream of making a suggestion to the devs.

The forums are here to discuss the game - if someone proposes the devs do something I am not on board with for whatever reason I may interject into the conversation in an effort to let the devs know that not everyone may be on board with proposal X - or I may do so just to be a smart ass - depends on my mood.

All one has to do is scan the thread titles in the first three current pages to see that the forum is overflowing with ideas to make this harder or make this easier of fix this class or nerf that one or change the way the this works or that works because the reality surely is the forum dwellers know much more about whats needed in the game than the silly bastards that made it - from scratch - in a couple years - to rave reviews. I pretty much ignore all of that for the most part.

Don't assume that because you and/or the average gamer does something that if I play these games and hang out on the forums that I must do the same - unless you're in your 60's we are from very different generations and we see things quite differently - which is obvious from our conversations here.

Meanwhile here's a hint for you - if you don't like my ideas - stop responding to me which is almost always going to generate yet another response from me that you are not interested in hearing.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I don't understand how someone can fail to understand that your brain can initiate an attempt to pause the game when the game is not paused, but then have the game auto-pause an instant before your hand actually pauses the game, resulting in a pause-unpause sequence that is faster than any human reaction time.  I don't understand how someone can fail to understand that if you are trying to pause the game and the result is that the game is not paused then something may happen before you can repause the game that you were trying to pause the game to prevent.  I don't understand how anyone can have extensive experience with real-time-with-pause games and not have encountered both of these scenarios many times.

What I understand is the pause system has worked fine for me through all the IE games and continues to do so in PoE  - YMMV

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I don't understand how someone can fail to understand that your brain can initiate an attempt to pause the game when the game is not paused, but then have the game auto-pause an instant before your hand actually pauses the game, resulting in a pause-unpause sequence that is faster than any human reaction time.  I don't understand how someone can fail to understand that if you are trying to pause the game and the result is that the game is not paused then something may happen before you can repause the game that you were trying to pause the game to prevent.  I don't understand how anyone can have extensive experience with real-time-with-pause games and not have encountered both of these scenarios many times.

What I understand is the pause system has worked fine for me through all the IE games and continues to do so in PoE  - YMMV

Given that you continue to argue with them, you know perfectly well that their mileage IS varying.

As is mine, for that matter.  It's not the end of the world, but I would definitely prefer a way to enter specific "pause" and "unpause" commands beyond just toggling between them.

What difference should having more auto-pause options mean - when it goes off the game STOPS and there is a big sign at the bottom saying GAME PAUSED - if you have all these auto pauses set why would you be constantly pausing manually at the same time? Maybe the issue is using too many auto-pauses??? Just because they are all there doesn't mean you need to use every one - especially if it makes the game so convoluted you can't even tell when the game stops???

More auto-pauses means it stops more often. Were you being rhetorical or was that a genuine question? More auto-pauses occurring means it's more likely that this arises...

Using all the auto-pause options (that are there to be used) wouldn't make the game convoluted if one of the incredibly minor solutions that has been suggested was in place.

And I take it asking them to not do this isn't one of your whims? And the ways you would prefer they spend their time are not one of your whims? Just accept we all want different things, don't claim you wouldn't ever dream of making a suggestion to the devs.

All one has to do is scan the thread titles in the first three current pages to see that the forum is overflowing with ideas to make this harder or make this easier of fix this class or nerf that one or change the way the this works or that works because the reality surely is the forum dwellers know much more about whats needed in the game than the silly bastards that made it - from scratch - in a couple years - to rave reviews. I pretty much ignore all of that for the most part.

A lot of those suggestions change the game in subjective ways though. Making it harder / easier or 'balancing' classes are all relatively large changes that don't make the game objectively better or worse. An option that allows you to bind separate keys for pause / unpause if you would like? That has no negative impact at all. It will only affect people who decide to use it, and they wouldn't decide to use it if they didn't want to.

Don't assume that because you and/or the average gamer does something that if I play these games and hang out on the forums that I must do the same - unless you're in your 60's we are from very different generations and we see things quite differently - which is obvious from our conversations here.

I don't assume that you have this problem, what I am surprised at is your inability to accept that others do. When it comes to stuff that would be entirely optional I don't understand the negativity. If the proposal was to make it so you have to have different keys for auto-pause and pause then fair enough, that would be bad.