quest the parable of wael (bug)

mrmonocle

Question

if you go to gimda without burying the scroll everyone turns hostile. I think it's intented this way, however if you enter the hall of revealed mysteries, see that everyone is hostile and then go bury the scroll, everyone is still hostile when you return. IMO the burial of the scroll shoud be followed by the hostility check hall of revealed mysteries.

edit: actually the hostility check didn't occur earlier when i looted the archives in stealth. But when I returned everyone was hostile, it just was at the same moment as with the scroll quest.

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

7 answers to this question

I have had the same issue. It appears to be a delayed check from when I completed "The Theorems of Pandgram" using stealth. At the time, I was surprised that no one went hostile, because it wasn't the smoothest stealth job, but I had no issues, so I proceeded with my game. Now, ten hours later, I cannot complete "The Parable of Wael" quest because of it. It's a little disappointing, but hopefully will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

I should elaborate that, if the theft of the Theorems of Pandgram is meant by the developers to be a sufficiently grievous crime that the Scriveners will attack all future visitors, even those whom they have no reason to suspect and who are considered heroes by the rest of the city, then that should be better communicated in the text for that quest.

Or it's just a delayed/bugged hostility check for the "Theorems of Pandgram" quest that only gets discovered by players when they return to the Scriveners for the only other quest there, in which case it just needs fixing.

Had the same issue, posted in separate topic. Still waiting for that to be accepted.

I initially looted everything, then discovered those two quests and after some time came back to finish Wael one, which I couldn't as everyone was hostile. Had to kill everyone, fail it, and then could complete the Theorems. Just had to redo all of Defiance Bay.

I have had the same issue. It appears to be a delayed check from when I completed "The Theorems of Pandgram" using stealth. At the time, I was surprised that no one went hostile, because it wasn't the smoothest stealth job, but I had no issues, so I proceeded with my game. Now, ten hours later, I cannot complete "The Parable of Wael" quest because of it. It's a little disappointing, but hopefully will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

They turned on hostile on me too but I did not complete, or steal, the Theorems of Pandgram.  I just stole other stuff in there and left the place no problem, they definitely were not hostile then.  Only when I returned for the Parable of Wael quest after having buried the scroll, do I find out they are all hostile.  And Autosave. 

So I can't complete Theorems or Parable.  I can kill them all but its a massive hit with Defiance Bay rep, even though they attack me first.

• Like 1

If you complete the Parable of Wael, the woman in charge tells you that you're welcome to take what you want from that room, so perhaps it's just set up to detect if anything goes missing and have them all turn hostile if you return later.  If so, it should definitely be more clearly communicated; have them yelling "Thief!" or something at the very least when you return.

Also, it probably shouldn't be this way if that's what's going on, since it's inconsistent with the rest of the game wrt undetected at the time thievery; it's not something the player can reasonably predict.

• Like 2

I've got even more of an problem with this quest ;/ At the begining i've stolen the book and given it to the animancer. Now i can't complete neither eder's storyline, neither complete the wael scroll quest. That way i'v got one quest dropped (grimd is dead), and one bugged (i can't get information for eder from dead archivist)...

I've got even more of an problem with this quest ;/ At the begining i've stolen the book and given it to the animancer. Now i can't complete neither eder's storyline, neither complete the wael scroll quest. That way i'v got one quest dropped (grimd is dead), and one bugged (i can't get information for eder from dead archivist)...

For Eder you are looking in the wrong building in the wrong district.

Correct about Wael quest though.