So, who's pushing forward?

I know a lot of people have been affected by the inventory bug, including myself. I'm not sure if my human Paladin lost anything. I was able to restore my party members by dismissing them and then recruiting them again. I'm 14 hours in....I'm not starting over and I'm too caught up in the game to stop playing, so screw it. I'm only level 4. I'll drag and drop from here on out, I figure the game can't be crippled too much. 

Who's pushing on? Who's waiting out a patch?

I just don't think the bug is significant enough to warrant a reroll. I mean, sure my death godlike doesn't have the extra damage when enemies have low endurance, but i'm not bloody restarting just because of that. I'm kind of surprised that so many people either stopped playing or rerolled because they lost a little bonus that doesn't really do much.

• Like 1

I just don't think the bug is significant enough to warrant a reroll. I mean, sure my death godlike doesn't have the extra damage when enemies have low endurance, but i'm not bloody restarting just because of that. I'm kind of surprised that so many people either stopped playing or rerolled because they lost a little bonus that doesn't really do much.

I have characters with lots of extra endurance, accuracy, defence stats, some attributes and a few double abilities (confident aims, blinding strikes, constant recoveries). No wonder the game was getting easier. I really wanted to push on, and tried to salvage what I could using the console for a while, but its really out of hand now. I usually don't care about bugs but this is unsolvable and screws up the whole balance, so I'll just have to.. wait :(

I thought the bug only got rid of buffs? Are we talking about the double click equipment bug here?

It's not (only?) about double clicking equipment (I never do). But yeah, its prob the same thing. Abilities duplicate for whatever reason.

I have yet to run into any bugs other than the double-click equipping one, and only because I wanted to see if it would work as I had always been dragging to equip things. So I will continue playing until something really bad happens.

Anyone mind explaining what exactly this bug is for those of us who don't know yet?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Anyone mind explaining what exactly this bug is for those of us who don't know yet?

If you double click a piece of equipment to equip it to your character all active bonuses will disappear. For activated bonuses, this is "okay" because you can just reactivate them, but for passive, always active bonuses you just lose them forever. If you do it to any party member that is not the main character, you can just dismiss and re-recruit them to get the bonuses back i believe.

I'm getting ready to roll out with a greatsword-wielding rogue knowing full well the game is riddled with bugs the way the strategy guide's backer list is riddled with HTML entity codes.  :-

I reroll/restart early and often anyway, so I'll have my fun, same as I did before I gained enlightenment.

I hope some of the more egregious issues get fixed briskly and thoroughly in a day 5 patch, though…

:banghead:

--/\/

The bug is 'fixable' for party members right now, so all you lose is the permanent ability bonuses for your PC. It needs to be fixed but it's hardly a reason to stop playing. I'm doing just fine continuing on.

I also was lucky enough to only drag and drop weapons - I also heard about the Raedric's Hold bug before going there.   So I'm just ignoring that quest for now and pushing on.  I've completed Act I and am  adventuring in Defiance.  Loving it so much! :wub:

Edited by Kiya

I also was lucky enough to only drag and drop weapons - I also heard about the keep bug before going there.   So I'm just ignoring that quest for now and pushing on.  I've completed Act I and am  adventuring in Defiance.  Loving it so much! :wub:

Keep bug?  I just got there, what's this bug?

I also was lucky enough to only drag and drop weapons - I also heard about the keep bug before going there.   So I'm just ignoring that quest for now and pushing on.  I've completed Act I and am  adventuring in Defiance.  Loving it so much! :wub:

Sorry I meant the Raedric's Hold bug when doing the Lord of a barren land quest.  There have been a lot of reports of people either getting stuck in the hold unable to get out or unable to get back in and although there is a workaround of deleting certain files some people have continued to have problems going other places afterwards so i just havn't done that quest in the first place as it doesn't seem to stop you from advancing the main story.  Hopefully Obsidian will release a fix before I finish the game :)

Edited by Kiya

Sorry I meant the Raedric's Hold bug when doing the Lord of a barren land quest.  There have been a lot of reports of people either getting stuck in the hold unable to get out or unable to get back in and although there is a workaround of deleting certain files some people have continued to have problems going other places afterwards so i just havn't done that quest in the first place as it doesn't seem to stop you from advancing the main story.  Hopefully Obsidian will release a fix before I finish the game :)

got'cha, thanks for filling me in. I've not been to Raedric's Hold nor Defiance Bay yet, I've just entered the Endless Paths dungeon and wondering how far I have to take it before I can claim the keep.  

got'cha, thanks for filling me in. I've not been to Raedric's Hold nor Defiance Bay yet, I've just entered the Endless Paths dungeon and wondering how far I have to take it before I can claim the keep.  

If it makes you feel any better I had zero issue with Raedric's hold. I actually did that before going to the keep. Just make a save before going in. You don't have to mess with endless path's too much before the keep is in your possession. 

Luckily I barely had time to play from release so I'm 4 hours in. I will just restart the same class, use it as opportunity to organize my stats a bit better from what I learned playing and do everything again with drag and dropping